Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

VDB Goes To Shit! Flushing Down The Sticky Diarrhea

ebzen02

A response by MrBigandWonderful.. Appears that he was burned as well..

Well, you are wrong about Big Crown not intentionally parting out a VDB, because he did just that, but I don't think you are off base with any of your other assessments, and I personally understand why you are upset.

My experience is some watches built by VDB were well done but most were hacked together and many were misrepresented when sold as to which parts were gen and which were not.

I am also sure there are other stories to be told.

Jhilly..

The plastic piece was jammed in between the metal movement holder and the case on the caseback side because the movement holder doesn't fit. Plexy and its gasket are still intact. Plan on sending it to necky if he isn't too busy.

ebzen02

Response by Joewatch..

I have had 10 VDB's at one point. Most worked well but the ones that didn't were glued together and all gunned up with oil. I had to have them all cleaned and repaired by a watch smith in NY and Carolina.

ebzen02

Very telling albeit cryptic response by member kbiz

and so it begins... the kings clothing have been revealed! *

it seems there has been a serious history of chop shop style watch building... but in their defense, I can't remember one sales thread or promise made of quality build and construction... only similarities to the Gen counterpart. *The high price point was reflective of the lack of other visually similar to Gen watches, basically competition... the assumption of quality and longevity was one made buy the buyer due to the cost. *obviously not a business model that will stand up to the test of time but face it, at those price points and as vintage becomes more and more popular, it was inevitable that other builders would come... that other parts would be produced... better builds and better parts... it was inevitable that the profitability of vintage building would disappear almost completely

ebzen02

Another from MrBigandWonderful..

"the assumption of quality and longevity was one made buy the buyer due to the cost"

100% not true. Assurances WERE given to buyers and parts were listed and sold as gen, that were not.

Baldrick

Just saw this post on WC, PULEEEZE tell me that he's not serious about paying $4000 for a fake Panerai, I've missed a lot of the hoo-ha on RG and elsewhere about modders and product, but surely nobody is paying this kind of money, or are they ?

Kbiz, How do you defend their sales thread? Would it not be a reasonable assumption that a rep watch offered for sale at let's say, $4000.00, would have a modicum of quality?

ebzen02

Another post by kbiz..Apparently he got burned as well..

oh trust me it's with a very serious undertone that I "Defend" their sales thread. And of course it's a reasonable assumption, that's the point in and of itself! The truth is: when a salesman convinces you he is the teacher and you the pupil... he is in complete control of the sales process... and you will find yourself delivered to HIS conclusion. Unfortunately the line between a salesman and a confidence man is thin; it seems much thinner for some than for others.

I too have met with this teacher's confidence... and much to my foolishness I succumbed to it's allure... but that's a story perhaps for another day

Just saw this post on WC, PULEEEZE tell me that he's not serious about paying $4000 for a fake Panerai, I've missed a lot of the hoo-ha on RG and elsewhere about modders and product, but surely nobody is paying this kind of money, or are they ?

Kbiz, How do you defend their sales thread? Would it not be a reasonable assumption that a rep watch offered for sale at let's say, $4000.00, would have a modicum of quality?

That and more Baldy.. I have heard upwards of $10,000 for some..

dingle

SUCKERS!

I am with BL on this one.....B) :Whistle:;) ;)

ebzen02

kbiz..

mrbigandwonderful View Post

"I too have met with this teacher's confidence... and much to my foolishness I succumbed to it's allure... but that's a story perhaps for another day"

Tell us young grasshopper....

there's no reason to bring a nuclear war head to a knife fight...

ebzen02

Member SERGEANT_AT_ARMS..

I also have had a very bad experience. About 2 years ago, I bought a VDB which was advertised to have a gen part. However, when I put the watch up for sale with pics, I was challenged on the authenticity of the part. I contacted Stephan via PM (Twice I believe) in hopes that he could shed some light on the subject. He ignored my requst for clarification and remained silent, I never did here from him. I decided then and there that was the last penny I would spend on a VDB.

Brightlight

Laughing even harder as I sit on the edge of 2000 posts B) :Whistle:;)

greg_r

Del

That and more Baldy.. I have heard upwards of $10,000 for some..

Complete nutters.....B)

ebzen02

Folks please post positive experiences.. I don't want to seem like I we are exposing a fraud here.. VDB and Stephan have created some beautiful watches that I truely admire!

Anyhow.. Here is another bad experience..

Member HotDuck..

I had admired VDB's works for some time before buying one of his 4 liners from a very respected member who ordered it with a Swiss 6497. It was beautiful to look at and ran fine but when I decided to sell it, I opened the case back to get a photo of the movement only to find that instead of a Swiss 6497, it was a Moljina with glue holding stuff together inside.

prestigewatchco

Glad to see human nature is still the same as always.

It would seem that these would be pilars of the rep community were well aware of the crap being sold as something special.

Seems odd that now they are once was the owners they speak out .

Where the fuck were they when it was still going on ?

Looking after their own arses no doubt and passing off the shit they had bought to an unsuspecting victim. With prompts of how great the watch was and what a bargain it was in their pals sales threads .

They are just as guilty of misleading people as VBD is

ebzen02
Glad to see human nature is still the same as always.

It would seem that these would be pilars of the rep community were well aware of the crap being sold as something special.

Seems odd that now they are once was the owners they speak out .

Where the fuck were they when it was still going on ?

Looking after their own arses no doubt and passing off the shit they had bought to an unsuspecting victim. With prompts of how great the watch was and what a bargain it was in their pals sales threads .

They are just as guilty of misleading people as VBD is

+100

ebzen02

Another Joewatch comment..

With all that is being said including me, all of his watches are visually beautiful and with some "work" all have been working fine. To bad it doesn't come out of the box good. I have had 5 watches that I have over a year that have had no problems. Sorry for my "morning" English hahahahahha

ebzen02

This is getting better by the minute..Now BigCrown is in the game. BigCrown was the first to oust VDB a few weeks past. He was quickly shut out after that and hadn't posted..

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigandwonderful View Post

Well, you are wrong about Big Crown not intentionally parting out a VDB, because he did just that, but I don't think you are off base with any of your other assessments, and I personally understand why you are upset.

My experience is some watches built by VDB were well done but most were hacked together and many were misrepresented when sold as to which parts were gen and which were not.

I am also sure there are other stories to be told.

Paul you should quit now brother. I never saw the watch complete. All I received was a FedEx with the case set. You make me laugh man. You are pathetic. Curious why you wouldn't answer my PRIVATE MESSAGES about why you continue to post fabrications about me. Do you have a 'man crush' on me Paul? I am starting to wonder about you. You think way too much about me...kinda makes me feel uncomfortable. Creepy at best.

prestigewatchco

And these are the writtings of a supposedly high paid lawyer in the USA . Fuck his English is only 2nd grade level

ebzen02

Post from member TheBluePrince

Ok, the truth will out now it seems....

What a mess. I bought a VDB (not a vint pam) and parts that were described as gen were absolutely not. Stephan took it back and refunded my money without a problem when i pointed this out. A week or two later i then watched as he was called out on another watch he had for sale where he misdescribed it and after being called out posted a weak excuse and dropped the price substantially.

I lost interest after the above. One misdescription then OK, everyone makes mistakes but for someone who oviously has a LOT of knowldege to make the same mistake twice in quick succession, sorry that's no "mistake" in my book.

I'm sure I can't have been the only one to experience this or notice it. The problem was so many highly respected members and mods on RG at the time were so far loved up with the VDB thing that to call him out or post about this would simply have been forum suicide. The members who hyped up the whole VDB vintage thing made him/them practically untouchable and above reproach.

The prices being paid for the VDB vint Pams were always way way OTT for rep watches with no intrinsic value other than a 616 or SF240 or some "gen" parts in some of them. And as we've read a lot of these movements turned out to be crap and the parts far from gen. But people weren't being forced to buy these watches, they were obviously happy to pay this much.

prestigewatchco

These arse wipes have told more lies than Sylar and cost inicent people more money

ebzen02
These arse wipes have told more lies than Sylar and cost inicent people more money

Yup.. It is a shame for all. Man.. This is like a bad train wreck in slow motion happening in front of us.. B)

ebzen02

Another Joewatch post..

Originally Posted by BigCrown View Post

Paul you should quit now brother. I never saw the watch complete. All I received was a FedEx with the case set. You make me laugh man. You are pathetic. Curious why you wouldn't answer my PRIVATE MESSAGES about why you continue to post fabrications about me. Do you have a 'man crush' on me Paul? I am starting to wonder about you. You think way too much about me...kinda makes me feel uncomfortable. Creepy at best.

BC. You did buy that watch from me to part out. You contacted me about the watch and

Told me your "partner" in NYC wanted the movement and you wanted the rest.

You also said your "partner" wanted to see the watch before you and him bought it. I went to NYC and hand delivered it.

You then tried to sell the case which you said was worth $300 for $1500.

You have a history of "misdescribing" everything from watches to wall clocks.

You have now resorted to personal attacks which will not be tolerated.

You van defend yourself as hard as you want but I expect you to edit your post Please don't make me do it.

ebzen02

I follow this one with a double...

:picard2: :picard2:

ebzen02

I follow this one with a double...

:picard2: :picard2:

greg_r

uh-oh. Getting pretty deep over there. Somebody call dyno-rod before the WC backs up all the way... :picard2: