Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

VDB Goes To Shit! Flushing Down The Sticky Diarrhea

graman

Can't comment..................too drunke.......................fuck it

trailboss99

You just wanted reply #700, we know!

graman

cunt coutn......tomoorrow when I' m soberer and I know wheat Hi'm doing...........night l.......................

Brightlight

Oh dear, the booze is mightier than the pen. And having writ, pisses on.

andygt
cunt coutn......tomoorrow when I' m soberer and I know wheat Hi'm doing...........night l.......................

+1

Is it time to all touch willys and make friends yet?

Drhulee
I've stayed quiet on this matter, mainly because I never really got into the Vintage aspect of reps, and could never really understand how anyone could pay more than a few hundred dollars for something that has been purposely altered to make it look older (never even bought into the 'stressed' clothing look :D ). Restoring, I can understand, but aging something prematurely, nope - but to each their own :)

After reading what has happened to date, all I can say is that I believe VDB (and partner) should have been banned on every site, as it really appears in the end they knew they what they had done. Meaning they tried to pass off rep parts as gen, even after they had been notified about the authenticity of those parts. They sold watches whose build and movement condition was horrible, to say the least (eg. Ziggy's experience with rust filled movement). They talked down to other members of the community, even while selling shoddy merchandise. They didn't step up and give full refunds, even if it meant a loss, to try and make things right. And, although they may have produced some nice looking pieces, they often took from the community much more than they gave back. In other words, they acted, probably because they are, like complete assholes, and probably even scammers.

As for JoeWatch, W-C et al, I think they are getting too much flak here. I, like many, instinctively think dirtbag when I hear the word "lawyer" :) , but I don't think Joe has deserved some of the name calling he's received here, especially as it is obviously not being done in jest (ie. RWG1.1 style). I understand that some feel it justified due to his actions during the first Vintage 'episode' over on RG. But as I was not part of that, and did not read any of the posts, and have not seen any quotes attributed to him, I can't factor any of that into my evaluation of his character. What I have seen is his helpful, and sometimes funny, posts on W-C, and his love of the rep watch hobby and community.

Yes sometimes the group over there comes across as an elitist "members' only" bunch, but I feel that is more due to the reason he, and the others, created W-C to begin with - a like-minded group of established friends from RG who love the hobby and became fed up with the way things were handled on RG at the time. And when you add to that MattUSS style of humour, things can seem a little weird from time to time :)

Anyway, I hope this episode gets behind us sooner than later. Especially before it gives SFA some more ulcers or grey hairs - I mean, come on he's already been through enough hasn't he :D

Drhulee, I agree with you in almost every aspect. My own view on the RG Vintage thing and Joe, and I was very involved at the time, is that this has proved how wrong he was and I found this very funny, a sort of pride before a fall type scenario, always a rich source of comedy. This is entirely separate to the real issue though. I think you are right about him getting a lot of stick here and elsewhere for the wrong reasons.

The aspect of this I am most uncomfortable with, and it is all supposition, rumours and jumping to conclusions, is how much did these people know while VDBs were being sold and before the shit hit the fan. Unfortunately Joe as owner of Wristwatch is right at the root of this, particularly after he raffled one of his VDBs just before this all went nuclear. Now I am more than willing to believe that there was no attempt to suppress VDB's failings for the purposes of maintaining prices and in fact I read that MB&W, knowing a VDB he was selling was not what it should be, refunded a good deal of the price paid, which is honourable. I do think this is something that needs to be brought into the open though, and a simple apology from those who without realising how it would look, sold watches at prices that would not be maintained once the truth was known, might defuse the situation. At the minute though a lot of allegations are being made, this is why I think this should be addressed. It is also long past time that people were able to criticise without being flamed, one of the reasons the VDB stuff took so long to come out apparently as you know from Ziggy's comments. I must confess to being quite shocked at his movement pics on the RWG Jr thread.

I can't comment on W-C, I am a lurking member using it only occasionally for reference, but I am not interested in fake vintage Pams (or modern Pams as you know!) and haven't read any of Joe's postings there.

As far as the assumption Joe, and maybe others, tried to sell off there VDBs before the news broke, I really don't think that was the case. Joe is always selling his watches, including VDBs, socks, tie racks, furs, etc., so I'd say it was just bad timing. It happens, I've been a victim of it many times ... which reminds me, why isn't my 005 selling (damned factory rumours) :)

Brightlight
As far as the assumption Joe, and maybe others, tried to sell off there VDBs before the news broke, I really don't think that was the case. Joe is always selling his watches, including VDBs, socks, tie racks, furs, etc., so I'd say it was just bad timing. It happens, I've been a victim of it many times ... which reminds me, why isn't my 005 selling (damned factory rumours) :)

I agree, I prefer to see human stupidity rather than conspiracy theories, but if this happened to me, I would be prepared to explain rather than having people assume I was crooked.

greg_r
Oh dear, the booze is mightier than the pen. And having writ, pisses on.

That deserves to be in somebody's sig.... :)

ebzen02

I like dingles approach so I will quote him from now on... :)

onzenuub
:):)

onzenuub
Same crap happens with gen watches. One buddy had to send a Chrono Avenger back 3x before they unfucked it. Doesn't make Breitling a shitty watch company.

No but a lot of other aspects, such as being fucking ugly, makes Breitling a shitty watch company :)

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSK

ebzen02

Oh and by the way.. I am not apologizing for nics Joesnatch and MrbigandHorrible.. I think these were funny (at least to me and that is what matters), creative, and in the spirit of RWG. I also think I tried to protect the member names.. and I am sticking to their behavior as described by other members to be of assholes.. I would call any friend out if that were the case and call them a-holes any time of the day if they acted in a condescending and elitist manner. The fact that Joe got offended and banned me is another matter... Truth hurts..

EDIT: Asshole is not a bad word in my vocabulary. It is a harsh adjective, but not a bad word. All of you go around using it to describe mean and scumbag behavior... So.. TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSK

EDIT: I think Onze is an asshole for using TSSSSSSSSSSSSK in large font.. it messes up my iPad view..

ebzen02

back to :)

dingle

Thank you txcollector for chiming in your thoughts. However, the fact is Joe has been served a direct question and I, along with many others, would like an answer from him.

7:06 pm EST no response to a simple question.. Joe.. Did you know this was a sham before the Big Sell Off and Raffle?

Two options.. Yes or No.

:)

Brightlight
EDIT: I think Onze is an asshole for using TSSSSSSSSSSSSK in large font.. it messes up my iPad view..

Ah but this makes you an asshole, and a girl, for using an iPad at the wrong time of the month

ebzen02

Asshole :thumbsup:

solkryssare

All your Assholes are belong to me

dingle

..............and you are now officially gay :thumbsup:

ebzen02

..............and you are now officially gay :rofl:

:thumbsup:

Brightlight
Asshole :thumbsup:

ebzen02
:thumbsup::rofl:

Brightlight
:thumbsup::rofl:

ebzen02
That was better than what I had intended to do. I almost started to write "Joewatch is a scumbag Powerhungry A-Hole" On all of those pics.. Too bad it was taking too long and thought my time was not worth it..

So glad you didn't, that would not have been in the least funny or appropriate. Childish yes, funny no.

Why take your threads down man? That's jut petty.

Col.

+1 I am an asshole sometimes..But, at least I admit it..

ebzen02

Thanks BL.. My iPad is fucking bloody now..

Brightlight
Thanks BL.. My iPad is fucking bloody now..

Yeah, that's why I did it. I thought I might as well fuck this page up for you as well :thumbsup: