Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

VDB Goes To Shit! Flushing Down The Sticky Diarrhea

dingle
bsmeter_lg.gif

+ $1000

:lol:

Baldrick
No, I was referring to his insistence that he owns the copyright on the vintage style watches he sells - thus preventing people from posting detailed photos of the watch.

Have these people gone completely fukkin' bonkers, 4k-10k for a piece of Chinese junk, with a liberal application of 'patination' and some 'alleged' genuine parts, WTF is wrong with you people, I don't mean EVERYONE who has bought a Panny, only those who have bought into this 'vintagising' 'historical' Panerai mythology, to invest even a $1000 is absolute fucking lunacy, and to hear someone bandy about the word 'investment', that takes the biscuit, to echo someone else's words, 'God made a lot of stupid people', seems he sent most of them to the VDB's of this world, it's not a case of 'fools and their money are soon parted'...it's a case of fools and their money should never have been united in the first place

Lunacy, idiocy, stupidity, naivete...there aren't enough words to describe these people...in fact there isn't one word that could adequately describe the degree of stupidity and ARROGANCE that they possess, to think of spending that amount of money on something that has NO historicity nor provenance :D

Hell fuk'n mend them, we should get some of these bozos addresses and drop a line to their wives...."do you know that your husband...fake watch....$4000...absolute POS " :lol:

EDITED TO ADD: Is this "Stephan" the same guy that is / was a member on RWG Jr ?

ebzen02
No, I was referring to his insistence that he owns the copyright on the vintage style watches he sells - thus preventing people from posting detailed photos of the watch.

Have these people gone completely fukkin' bonkers, 4k-10k for a piece of Chinese junk, with a liberal application of 'patination' and some 'alleged' genuine parts, WTF is wrong with you people, I don't mean EVERYONE who has bought a Panny, only those who have bought into this 'vintagising' 'historical' Panerai mythology, to invest even a $1000 is absolute fucking lunacy, and to hear someone bandy about the word 'investment', that takes the biscuit, to echo someone else's words, 'God made a lot of stupid people', seems he sent most of them to the VDB's of this world, it's not a case of 'fools and their money are soon parted'...it's a case of fools and their money should never have been united in the first place

Lunacy, idiocy, stupidity, naivete...there aren't enough words to describe these people...in fact there isn't one word that could adequately describe the degree of stupidity and ARROGANCE that they possess, to think of spending that amount of money on something that has NO historicity nor provenance :D

Hell fuk'n mend them, we should get some of these bozos addresses and drop a line to their wives...."do you know that your husband...fake watch....$4000...absolute POS " :lol:

EDITED TO ADD: Is this "Stephan" the same guy that is / was a member on RWG Jr ?

+1.. But, I am guilty as charged.. not for selling $1000 modded watches, but for making a small profit on a fake (I prefer Homage) watch.. Although, I am not feeling guilty because last time I checked there was one other person coming close to a 6154 case (now Clint Eastwood) and that was VDB whose case is better than mine, but I think he charges way way more for it.. I have only sold 2 and I am nearing the end of my run cos they are a pain in the ass to create..

Baldrick

@Ernie, listen son, ( I'm presuming you're a good bit younger than I ), hear me, there is no such thing as a 'vintage fake Panerai", you know as well as I do, if you were to turn up at ANY meeting of genuine Panerai collectors, you'd be laughed out of the room, whilst I understand and it's perfectly OK for someone such as yourself, who likes the 'look' of a vintage watch and spends a little money and a lot of time in order to achieve that look, however the aspect of spending $1 / 2 / 3 / 4k and upwards on something whose history consists of nothing more than when it was turned out of a Guangzhou factory and someone else's attempts to add to it some sort of 'provenance' is absolutely ludicrous.

There is an atmosphere of absolute arrogance pervading the fake watch business, what was simply a desire on the part of some people to have a decent fake of a Sub or Pan, has taken a turn for the worse, it's always the same when greedy speculators realise that there are a lot of fucking idiots out there and that with a little hype thay can lighten their load and increase their own :)

Member X

Thing is, if you're doing work like that or like NW, it clearly takes time, skill and effort - and like any other job, you should paid for your work and make a reasonable enough profit to make it worth your while.

That is a completely different ball game, though, to charging $4k (or $10k? WTF :)) for work that turns out to be shoddy...

ebzen02
@Ernie, listen son, ( I'm presuming you're a good bit younger than I ), hear me, there is no such thing as a 'vintage fake Panerai", you know as well as I do, if you were to turn up at ANY meeting of genuine Panerai collectors, you'd be laughed out of the room, whilst I understand and it's perfectly OK for someone such as yourself, who likes the 'look' of a vintage watch and spends a little money and a lot of time in order to achieve that look, however the aspect of spending $1 / 2 / 3 / 4k and upwards on something whose history consists of nothing more than when it was turned out of a Guangzhou factory and someone else's attempts to add to it some sort of 'provenance' is absolutely ludicrous.

There is an atmosphere of absolute arrogance pervading the fake watch business, what was simply a desire on the part of some people to have a decent fake of a Sub or Pan, has taken a turn for the worse, it's always the same when greedy speculators realise that there are a lot of fucking idiots out there and that with a little hype thay can lighten their load and increase their own :)

+1000000000 I am not denying this.. It is a sham, and not feeling too sorry for many that hailed them as the Messiah of fake vintage. Especially, those that bought more than one and paraded those watches as something special. I guess this was inevitable.. That it lasted this long?..Well.. Stupid is as stupid does...

BTW, that is the reason I decided to do it myself for my pleasure and to avoid being the idiot with the $4000 fake watch--just saying that sounds repulsive. Sure, some folks wanted to buy from me, but I charged them for the parts as they were sold to me + a little bit for the reshaping- everything outlined.. Still keeping the cost to sub $600 levels.

Baldrick
Still keeping the cost to sub $600 levels.

That seems perfectly reasonable if someone is getting a 'one-off' special to their particular taste and or standard, BUT, as you say,there are those who 'BELIEVED this hype and accepted it, that's what I mean when I state ARROGANCE :)

solkryssare
Post from member TheBluePrince

Ok, the truth will out now it seems....

What a mess. I bought a VDB (not a vint pam) and parts that were described as gen were absolutely not. Stephan took it back and refunded my money without a problem when i pointed this out.

That was the 5513 I was going to buy.

Baldrick

So, who IS "Stephan" ?

midasmook

Ebzen02

Am I missing something here, you seem to giving the VDB crew pelters on here but this post from W.C. seems to have a different point of view.

[Not wanting to play devils advocate, but aren't their new builds a lot better? I can see how they were probably a bit shoddy at the beginning.. Of course I don't approve of missrepresenting gen parts; and I don't particularly care for $1000 reps that actually cost $400 in parts, but there have been improvements ..right?

BTW, reshaping a case at this level is not entirely easy to do.. Guess I speak from experience..I am just rambling.. I apologize..

One more thing... if you spend over $1000 on a fake watch you best inspect it upon arrival and make sure it fits the bill.. especially if there is a year warranty.. But, as they say hindsight is 20/20.. ]

ebzen02
Ebzen02

Am I missing something here, you seem to giving the VDB crew pelters on here but this post from W.C. seems to have a different point of view.

[Not wanting to play devils advocate, but aren't their new builds a lot better? I can see how they were probably a bit shoddy at the beginning.. Of course I don't approve of missrepresenting gen parts; and I don't particularly care for $1000 reps that actually cost $400 in parts, but there have been improvements ..right?

BTW, reshaping a case at this level is not entirely easy to do.. Guess I speak from experience..I am just rambling.. I apologize..

One more thing... if you spend over $1000 on a fake watch you best inspect it upon arrival and make sure it fits the bill.. especially if there is a year warranty.. But, as they say hindsight is 20/20.. ]

I am bi... I play both ways.. Although, if you read it with a bit of sarcasm.. then you will notice that I am not trying to kiss their ass..

Edit: if you read this whole thread I really don't pelt them that hard. I just want things clarified that is all.. I hate kicking people down when they are at their knees.. It is not necessarily fair...

midasmook

"I am bi... I play both ways.. Although, if you read it with a bit of sarcasm.. then you will notice that I am not trying to kiss their ass.. "

So who are you kidding , them or us ?

Baldrick
Also, it is very difficult to have proof parts are not gen. The MM Destro watch I bought from you in Chicago was said to have a gen bezel and gen hands, I was told from a trusted source they were not gen. Also, when I bought the "Little E" I just raffled I was told it had a gen crown. When I posted in for sale with that desrciption, a few people pm'ed me ( one being same as told me about the other watch) and said it was not gen. Then even Stephan pmed me to tell me it wasnt gen.

This is one of the fundamental problems that exist on all these fora...so called 'experts', who the fuck died and went to heaven but appointed all these members as 'EXPERTS'..there is no such thing as an expert on these fora, there may be people who have seen photographs of, or held in their hand what they were told were GENUINE parts, shit, if you go up to Bangkok, there are a load of parts dealers who will tell you EVERYTHING they have is 'original' part...'same..same'...all this expert shit is a load of hogwash :)

ebzen02
"I am bi... I play both ways.. Although, if you read it with a bit of sarcasm.. then you will notice that I am not trying to kiss their ass.. "

So who are you kidding , them or us ?

Not kidding anybody.. I am just a bit torn that is all. One side believes that, despite what most think, they were in fact passionate about their work and vintage panerai and tried to promote the heritage. The other side of me thinks that they mislead and severely over priced their builds. It is natural to feel torn, especially when you love vintage panerai and loved some of their better builds.. I do not condone any of it.. As a matter of fact I am against overpriced Fakes..

ebzen02
Also, it is very difficult to have proof parts are not gen. The MM Destro watch I bought from you in Chicago was said to have a gen bezel and gen hands, I was told from a trusted source they were not gen. Also, when I bought the "Little E" I just raffled I was told it had a gen crown. When I posted in for sale with that desrciption, a few people pm'ed me ( one being same as told me about the other watch) and said it was not gen. Then even Stephan pmed me to tell me it wasnt gen.

This is one of the fundamental problems that exist on all these fora...so called 'experts', who the fuck died and went to heaven but appointed all these members as 'EXPERTS'..there is no such thing as an expert on these fora, there may be people who have seen photographs of, or held in their hand what they were told were GENUINE parts, shit, if you go up to Bangkok, there are a load of parts dealers who will tell you EVERYTHING they have is 'original' part...'same..same'...all this expert shit is a load of hogwash :)

That was tolerated and not brought to light way earlier!!. Those folks (them big boys) are just as responsible for this sham! They kept quiet and deserve not one iota of compassion.

What a clusterfuck!! Shit!

Baldrick

Personally, I'd hold the forum Admins to blame, they see what is happening, they have a duty of care towards their members, :)

JohnG
Where is johng?

Trying to catch up man!!!

ebzen02
Where is johng?

Well.. Fuck..Read faster..

JohnG
Where is johng?

Fuck, they are posting faster than I can read...

okay, up to date, VDB is a scammer.

And Ebzen is STILL trying to suck his cock!

Is that about it?

ebzen02

Update Joe and Helmut about to drop gloves..

Quote Originally Posted by Earlgrey View Post

Hey Joe,

as i stated above, if there are problems the first step is to go the pm route...

parts which are sold as declared gen should be gen, of course!

but for clearing

the ones who said it is not gen should proof their opinion

Helmut

Actually, since this is my site, I dont think the first step is by PM. Not only do the people who purchased "gen" parts have a right to know, but the community as a whole deserves to have the question answered.

ebzen02
Where is johng?

Fuck, they are posting faster than I can read...

okay, up to date, VDB is a scammer.

And Ebzen is STILL trying to suck his cock!

Is that about it?

Dude wanna take it out on the Fuck You Thread? Thought so... Move on.. I only suck my cock...

JohnG

I posted in the thread

I have noticed helmut making little comments disparaging the quality of NW and Okabum parts for a while - the cg's are not that good, this and that are not correct, blah blah, pretty fucking balsey given how VDB has been fucking his customers.

"this should be worked out by pm between partners" - what fuckers!!!!

ebzen02
I posted in the thread

I have noticed helmut making little comments disparaging the quality of NW and Okabum parts for a while - the cg's are not that good, this and that are not correct, blah blah, pretty fucking balsey given how VDB has been fucking his customers.

Did you ever read BigCrowns thread?

JohnG
I posted in the thread

Did you ever read BigCrowns thread?

no, I will go look for it...