Sign in to follow this  
barkingtoad

GEN SOH. Would you ?

barkingtoad

I've been offered a Gen Breitling Superocean heritage on mesh bracelet

Still has 18 month Breightling warranty

With all papers & original receipt

Just been serviced & calibrated for a price of ....

£1500 .

Would you get it or is that still a bit rich ?

Cheers

Barkingtoad

Brightlight
I've been offered a Gen Breitling Superocean heritage on mesh bracelet

Still has 18 month Breightling warranty

With all papers & original receipt

Just been serviced & calibrated for a price of ....

£1500 .

Would you get it or is that still a bit rich ?

Cheers

Barkingtoad

That sounds sweet! Can't comment on the price though, I have no idea what these go for or how much they are new.

sfa437

Not too shabby price-wise.

If you can get him down to 950 I'd jump on it like a fat kid on a Cheetoh!

Steve227

Mate, is it the 46 or 38? If its the Chrono then HELL YA, if its the 38 then Blowers has got similar priced. A 46 non chrono is around £2k at the same dealer.

pollux1

SOH is 46mm. Ask the seller why the watch had to be serviced and regulated after 6 months assuming the watch has two years warranty from new. If all that checks out then aim a little lower and go for it! If you don't wanna buy I may be interested myself.

sconehead

The watches on Blowers are all on leather or rubber...mesh costs around £450+ as I recall...make a lower offer...you can always raise it mate...:D

barkingtoad

it was £1900 ive got it down to £1500 at the mo

greg_r

Yes, I would if I had the dough available - like a shot.

Damn good deal imho - although it never hurts to negotiate :D

pollux1

This is the cheapest I could find on the bay, it's used and I dare say it'll be older than 6 months and with a small scatch on the bezel. Ebay number is -220709960637-

Oh and it's on rubber. Go for the one you've been offered mate!

ReplicaRocketFish

Not to bring you down but I personally would not buy a gen of a watch that is repped as well as the SOH. Rep of the year 2010? Why go GEN if the rep is almost indistinguishable from the gen?

just my 2

Steve227
SOH is 46mm. Ask the seller why the watch had to be serviced and regulated after 6 months assuming the watch has two years warranty from new. If all that checks out then aim a little lower and go for it! If you don't wanna buy I may be interested myself.

Just going by breitling.com SOH can be 38 too fella, obviously not chrono but is there, with mesh if wanted. Theres a couple of SOH chrono up for sale one with mesh and one with rubber and only a couple of hundred between them. £1900 to £1500 def if the 46.

barkingtoad

46 mm

Got them down from £1900

barkingtoad

Just going by breitling.com SOH can be 38 too fella, obviously not chrono but is there, with mesh if wanted. Theres a couple of SOH chrono up for sale one with mesh and one with rubber and only a couple of hundred between them. £1900 to £1500 def if the 46.

Because it's the black version & you can't get it in rep , I know coz I've broken the crown on mine

Steve227

Sounds great fella! Good luck!

Baldrick
Not to bring you down but I personally would not buy a gen of a watch that is repped as well as the SOH. Rep of the year 2010? Why go GEN if the rep is almost indistinguishable from the gen?

just my 2

+1 RRF

Doesn't sound to me like responsible fiscal expenditure, the return on investment is what?...1x black dial for 1500x squiddly diddlys, seems expensive just for a dial colour..JMO !

trailboss99

If you want the gen then the price is great, go for it!

You could always remove the mesh, put it on rubber and resell it for the same money,

buy a rep and fit the gen mesh. Result, free gen mesh!

Col.

Tom3949

One sold on TZ-UK.com recently for £1600 on a mesh bracelet so the price doesn't sound too bad, (especially as the gen mesh is an optional 'extra').