Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

ETA Asian Clone

AllergyDoc

I have 2 watches that have the Asian ETA clone movements, the Deep Sea V3 and the LV Sub I just picked up from asian7750.com. Both are excellent time keepers, COSC standard. The date fonts are excellent, the same as ETA date fonts to my eyes.

I'm date font phobic. I can't take the date fonts on the Asian 21J Rollies. They suck and it's a deal breaker for me. If a 21J Rollie was made with the ETA date font, I'd consider it.

Anyway, it's only 2 watches, but so far I'm thumbs up for the Asian ETA clones.

alphakazi

it would seem, at this point, it makes no difference whether you end up with a genuine ETA or the asian cloned version - in fact, you are probably better off with the cloned version as they probably come to the assembly shop in sealed packs whereas the gen ETA.. who knows

Luthier
I have 2 watches that have the Asian ETA clone movements, the Deep Sea V3 and the LV Sub I just picked up from asian7750.com. Both are excellent time keepers, COSC standard. The date fonts are excellent, the same as ETA date fonts to my eyes.

I'm date font phobic. I can't take the date fonts on the Asian 21J Rollies. They suck and it's a deal breaker for me. If a 21J Rollie was made with the ETA date font, I'd consider it.

Anyway, it's only 2 watches, but so far I'm thumbs up for the Asian ETA clones.

Doc, pics of clones, please?

Luthier
it would seem, at this point, it makes no difference whether you end up with a genuine ETA or the asian cloned version - in fact, you are probably better off with the cloned version as they probably come to the assembly shop in sealed packs whereas the gen ETA.. who knows

Kazi, you think gen. ETA come to China in plastic bags?

:rofl:

alphakazi

I think they come in moist cardboard boxes mixed with used and broken parts :rofl:

Luthier

I think they come in moist cardboard boxes mixed with used and broken parts :rofl:

Actually, it come in sealed metal containers, 100 movements in each, and each movement in tightly closed yellow plastic round box, with layers of 6mm foam between rows of boxes. Each container submitted with legit papers from trading company in Switzerland for Custom authorities.

alphakazi

:rofl: fuck that - mine came with pubic hair, scratches and mildew

I'm sure the new sealed movements come that way but there is a lot of crap out there

Luthier
:thumbsup2: fuck that - mine came with pubic hair, scratches and mildew

I'm sure the new sealed movements come that way but there is a lot of crap out there

Kazi, don't complain - it's a Ruby's pubic hair!

You should cherish it!

:)

alphakazi

ah you and your love for Asians - I can ship it over to ya if you'd like - it's actually from Josh :thumbsup2:

Luthier
ah you and your love for Asians - I can ship it over to ya if you'd like - it's actually from Josh :thumbsup2:

Alpha... I have biggest collection of asian pubic hair in CA, trust me.

greg_r

Good to hear, Doc. :thumbsup2:

sconehead

Alpha... I have biggest collection of asian pubic hair in CA, trust me.

Hmmm, Luthier = pubic hair fetish... :D

greg_r

Why is this thread increasingly reminding me of the Addams Family?

cousin_it.jpg

alphakazi

couldn't resist

sconehead

My parents live in Stoney creek, Hamilton Alpha, just on the mountain. Are they close to you? It's equi-distant from Niagara/Toronto, about 70 miles from downtown Toronto...

alphakazi

about 30min from me

trailboss99
My parents live in Stoney creek, Hamilton

Yeah? I live in Stoney Creek, Queensland!

Col.

NFleischer

i'm not surprised! all my asian clones and 21J work well. the problems i have are with the

newer 'swiss' mov'ts (and some A7750's). who knows how many of my supposed 'swiss' are actually clones anyway.

i've been complaining about these mov'ts for the past year. i have noted a big drop in qc- from every dealer.

i've had problems for ex. with Eurotimez who swear the etas are 'real'.