Sign in to follow this  
watcher63

Greetings from Korea!

watcher63

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Woo hoo!

I'm an American, been in this country for over 6 years now. Relatively new to watches in General. I own one a few nice gens, Ball and Tissot. And have purchased horrible reps in my local neighborhood which is actually pretty famous within the country and the Japanese tourists who come here. The watches really suck and are way over priced!!! However, I hear the ladies purses are of top quality.

I actually have a little story to tell. I ordered my first rep from a well-known trusted dealer known on this site and others. The thing is, my package was stopped by customs!! :D I think: 1. the package was from China. 2 My foreign name and 3. my neighborhood (known for "unlicensed" products. I think this was the perfect storm for my package to be intercepted. The package said "gift", so when they asked how much the watch was worth, I just played dumb and said, "how should I know, it's worth whatever the package says ($35)". Customs said, they would not let me have the package cuase it's common for "fakes" to be shipped the way it came. They said the watch would be shipped back to the sender.

This really sucks because, I can literally go across the street and by a knock-off handbag, no problem. So, I guess the seller will try to ship again but I think I'll have to have it shipped to family in the states and have them re-ship back here. What a pain in the ass! I mean, China is less than 2 hrs away by plane and I have to go through all of this crap to get my watch!

Do any of you have a similar experience? Anyone in Korea??

I'd appreciate any suggestions or whatever.

pollux1

Hi and welcome mate! That's a bit of a workaround to get a watch but when you get a high quality rep I reckon it'll be worth it

Luthier

Back to sender my ass.

100% your watch is already on the wrist of Korean Custom Official.

Welcome to the Hell!

(We call it "Replica Watch Forum").

watcher63

Thanks guys! Getting things done in this country sometimes feels way too complicated! Knowing the high corruption rate, I wouldn't be surprised that customs said, "sweet watch!" and just took it. Though they said they are going to send it back. I hope so, because, I'm waiting for the word that the dealer gets the watch back so I can figure out an elaborate scheme to get the watch here.

They really tax the hell out of imported things here and take the money and spend it golfing or whatever. The latest scandal involves "officials" gambling while on the clock with the public's money! Agh!!!

I will never be a gen or rep watch here, it's jus such a rip-off!

trailboss99

Welcome my friend, there are indeed a couple of other Korean residents here somewhere so you are not alone.

However, I hear the ladies purses are of top quality.
Yup, I am reliably informed that the best rep leather goods in the world come out of Korea.

Col.

watcher63

That makes a lot of sense now...The Koreans are not concerned about intellectual property...their 'Cafe Beene', ' CNN Bar' and so on are testament to that. They Crack down on Chinese watches but not Korean knock off bags because they are made here. F%&k, I never thought of it like that.

Thanks for pointing that out. Do you know of any of the members who are in Korea? I could use the support. There are websites in Korea to buy reps, but their prices are high, and no way to tell what the quality is. if it's like the crap in my neighborhood... I'll pass.

Del

Hello and welcome :rofl:.

Hope you find a solution to getting your watches past customs.

Fiddo

Hello and Welcome!

:lol: