Sign in to follow this  
FreezerBurn

Help me ID the watch Ricky Gervaiss wore in this interview. :D 56k warning sorry for the huge pics

FreezerBurn

Ricky Gervais responds to golden globes criticism

10:10 Watch Repair

looks like a maruice lacroix logo, maybe?

Dendo

Difficult for me to see it properly. Large watch - 45mm+ I would say. Initially thought it might be an IWC - strap is not a typical IWC. Are there any good still shots?

randy3y

Here are 2 close ups - 2nd one is highly sharpened.

Not sure if it helps but there is something at the 12 and 3 that may help.

132016546.jpg

132016544.jpg

FreezerBurn
Difficult for me to see it properly. Large watch - 45mm+ I would say. Initially thought it might be an IWC - strap is not a typical IWC. Are there any good still shots?

Sorry for the huge ass pictures...

T0rKN.jpg

E4odx.jpg

xwaoh.jpg

EKu06.jpg

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Could be a JLC?

Baldrick

Whatever it is, he's an arrogant and sanctimonious prick, every time I see him, I think, "fuck, he's greasier than Zorro's hat band", totally unfunny guy :tease:

Brightlight
Whatever it is, he's an arrogant and sanctimonious prick, every time I see him, I think, "fuck, he's greasier than Zorro's hat band", totally unfunny guy :tease:

+1000 I find him embarrassing he's so unfunny.

djprone

I disagree totally. He is an absolute genius. His last stand-up is one of the funniest i've ever seen. He's one of the few people in the world who can pull off sit-com, stand-up, blockbuster films, drama and documentries.

Brightlight

I disagree totally. He is an absolute genius. His last stand-up is one of the funniest i've ever seen. He's one of the few people in the world who can pull off sit-com, stand-up, blockbuster films, drama and documentries.

Ricky Gervais is actually VDB and I claim my bounty bucks! ;)

wat44

One more comedy series and he gets my vote for a comedy legend

Buster Keaton

Charlie chapman

Groucho Marx

John cleese

SteveA

Cant figure out the watch but Gervais is a self obsessed up his own arse useless chancer twat !

wat44

Many talented people were arseholes eg John Lennon and Peter sellers are two who spring to mind

Brightlight
Many talented people were arseholes eg John Lennon and Peter sellers are two who spring to mind

True, but Lennon and Sellers were talented, Gervais is just an arsehole.

wat44

You didn't like the office or extras?

I think these shows will rerun on tv for years

KeNnY

RailMaster XXL ?

nope my bad

Baldrick
Charlie chapman

WTF is Charlie Chapman, I musta missed his routine, "wat' do you know about comedy, fuck-all by the sounds of it. :rofl:

Lennon was up his own arsehole as well, he couldn't lace McCartney's boots, Sellers was a comedy genius and the day Gervais falls into that category is the day I'll be licking A1 sauce from my newly bought $4000+ VDB, in other words never gonna happen, The Office was shite, one dance routine and Gervais was a cause celebre, he's an arsehole with a smug grin that simply serves to confirm his un-funniness, and HTF do you extrapolate Hollywood blockbuster into the equation, that's a serious stretch.

The only saving grace regarding the UK Office, is the fact that the US version of The Office is even more cringe-worthy with an equally unfunny Yank, Steve Carell, Gervais will never EVER, compete in the rarified atnosphere of comedy greats such as Bob Newhart, Williams, Martin, Murphy, Leary, Hicks and many others, not withstanding the three absolute masters of comedy, Jonathon Winters and Chic Murray and Billy Connolly B)

Brightlight

The Office in particular I find Gervais just embarrassing, it's like watching car crash and I don't like that. I do like Steve Merchant's writing, I think he is much more talented than Gervais. The Extras was very good but more due to the guest stars they had, Merchant himself and 'Barry from Eastenders' than Gervais. As to his stand up, he died big time at the Diana Tribute Concert, very unfunny.

speedzmaster
Could be a JLC?

+1.

Hmm...on second thought, I don't think its a JLC. I could've been a Master Compressor or Reveil, but the Gervais watch only has one crown.

I think its just some fashion watch that has a 24 at the 12 hour indicator.

FreezerBurn
Could be a JLC?

+1.

Hmm...on second thought, I don't think its a JLC. I could've been a Master Compressor or Reveil, but the Gervais watch only has one crown.

I think its just some fashion watch that has a 24 at the 12 hour indicator.

Looked through jaeger's website and didn't see it in the watch finder.

FreezerBurn

Maybe it seems blue cause of AR coating

djprone

The Office in particular I find Gervais just embarrassing, it's like watching car crash and I don't like that. I do like Steve Merchant's writing, I think he is much more talented than Gervais. The Extras was very good but more due to the guest stars they had, Merchant himself and 'Barry from Eastenders' than Gervais. As to his stand up, he died big time at the Diana Tribute Concert, very unfunny.

I suppose everyone has different comedy tastes, personally i prefer Jimmy Carr and Sean Lock, i've seen them both live 4 times and 3 times respectively, but i've seen Gervias live too, and met him after the show, people claim him to be an arsehole but i found him to be very warm and had time for his fans - i admit he is very childish though.

speedzmaster

I think its a fashion watch. Nothing special.