Sign in to follow this  
letti001

Limited stock liquid metal planet ocean

letti001

Greetings,

I recently had issue with my CrPO and am looking for a replacement. I came across the Liquid Metal PO (NOOB factory) that is "limited stock" from Toro and was considering this as a replacement.

Should I wait for some reviews of this batch or is this the sort of release that is generally decent and trust the trusted dealer?

Thank you.

nunu78

Even the 1st batch or original release of Noob LMPO (whatever you want to call it) has several issues. Misaligned markers and crown thread issues was few of them. So it's your call.

Edited by nunu78

nunu78

Although I've managed to acquire a perfect sample from a member at a bargain price recently and loving it. Even I'm wearing it right now while writing this, as it hasn't left my wrist since I've got it 2 days ago.

7C15160A-DA96-40C4-8620-DF51D427C373.jpg

Edited by nunu78

Ilikewaches

Stunning watch, not sure which batch they are on now, but mine is flawless.

I've had it for a few years now. I think mine was the end of the second batch.

Closed caseback is huge IMO.

nunu78

On genuine rubber.

14519CAA-E8E6-4434-A9D7-CE3DE6DD5B6D.jpg

Sakurai

If I didn't already have one I'd definitely get in line for one from Toro, it's a brilliant rep of a wonderful Omega. I really love the updated bezel and dial in combination with the slimmer case profile of the 2500 PO.

Mine says hi:

9618370152_54805400d4_c.jpg

letti001

Is it helpful, do you think, to ask in the queries to the TD about the listed issues with the early batches? Toro listed limited stock although I always think of any of the watches as limited anyway.

MilgramExp

I have had good luck with Toro in the past. I got my QC pics today on this new LMPO. The lume under the 6 looked a bit off and the pearl wasn't quite centered, but that's the sort of stuff you deal with I guess. I asked to see a different option without the flaws if possible. I have been wearing the orange PO from Toro daily for a couple of years. It's been mostly reliable but there is some grinding sounds when winding now.

letti001

I will go ahead and order one. I am assuming we just sign up on the web site, log in then order online?

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

Andy-B

Newby/lurker here, howdy!

Ordered new batch of LMPO from Toro and got pictures on approval. Looks superb, apart from the fact they've used the wrong colour of paint on the tip of the second hand - the LMPO should be Red, to match the 'Seamaster' logo on the face, but the Noob factory have applied the standard Orange...

With Noob's reputation you'd think that their QC would have spotted the mistake early in the run of 500 pieces, but according to Toro they're all the same.

What to do?

Go ahead and have Toro send me the watch. Ask for a full refund and wait for Noob to produce a V2 which uses the correct paint, or ask Toro to knock off a few $ given the piece is not 1:1 after all.

It looks superb but I'm worried if I go ahead then every time I look at the watch it'll yell 'wrong colour' at me.

Am I just being picky and expecting too much from a supposed 1:1 replica?

(Toro has been a superb retailer to date - excellent communication).

JSJ
Newby/lurker here, howdy!

Ordered new batch of LMPO from Toro and got pictures on approval. Looks superb, apart from the fact they've used the wrong colour of paint on the tip of the second hand - the LMPO should be Red, to match the 'Seamaster' logo on the face, but the Noob factory have applied the standard Orange...

With Noob's reputation you'd think that their QC would have spotted the mistake early in the run of 500 pieces, but according to Toro they're all the same.

What to do?

Go ahead and have Toro send me the watch. Ask for a full refund and wait for Noob to produce a V2 which uses the correct paint, or ask Toro to knock off a few $ given the piece is not 1:1 after all.

It looks superb but I'm worried if I go ahead then every time I look at the watch it'll yell 'wrong colour' at me.

Am I just being picky and expecting too much from a supposed 1:1 replica?

(Toro has been a superb retailer to date - excellent communication).

Hi Andy and welcome.

If it's your first rep, I get your question. After a while, some of these things stopped bothering me and some I learnt to fix myself. This would probably fall into the second category.

It's really your call. If you want the watch and Toro says they are all the same, my decision would be to take it.

Enjoy yourself here :).

Andy-B

Thanks JSJ. Sage advice and most welcome.

You're right of course. If I want perfection I should shell out the 4k for the Org.

As a first-time-buyer of replica watches my expectations are perhaps unrealistic.

The watch does look good; I just need to 'get real' where it comes to detail.

Thanks again. A

MilgramExp

Goddamnit now it's all I will be able to see.

tucker

That's a great looking watch but I like it much better on the SS bracelet.

Kernow

If the orange paint bothers you just get a watchsmith to open it up and paint the tip red. Maybe worthwhile getting it services at the same time if it's a keeper.

letti001

I just ordered one. Waiting for the QC photos from Toro.

The tip would look nice red but it really would not bother me.

I just want it to tell time, parts not become unglued and the stem not to fall out.

:)

Andy-B

LMPO ordered, plus a Cartier to keep SWMBO happy. :giggle:

Just had a horrible thought... any UK collector here been nobbled for VAT/Import Duty?

JSJ

Just had a horrible thought... any UK collector here been nobbled for VAT/Import Duty?

Plenty of threads on that. Search for customs UK or something similar and have a read.

It's unusual but it can happen.

letti001

Sorry but I would never give my SWMBO a rep. She has a genuine Breitling Colt. (she does not know the price)

I am happy with the rep

nunu78

Sorry but I would never give my SWMBO a rep. She has a genuine Breitling Colt. (she does not know the price)

I am happy with the rep

Nothing wrong buying a rep for wife unless you are not telling the truth.

letti001

I am happy with the rep

Nothing wrong buying a rep for wife unless you are not telling the truth.

Bought it for our anniversary and yes it is a genuine. She wears it every day and loves it.

MilgramExp

Toro is telling me Air isn't "currently safe" and squeezing be for another $30 for DHL. Anyone else having this issue or should I tell them to bite it and stick with traditional post?

torobravo

I sincerely hate this watch. On some watches is unacceptable the lume applying it gives lots of headache.

JSJ
Toro is telling me Air isn't "currently safe" and squeezing be for another $30 for DHL. Anyone else having this issue or should I tell them to bite it and stick with traditional post?

Take his advice. He's giving a replacement warranty isn't he?

Last time he sold me airmail, I'm about to order and he's quoted DHL. I'm going with his recommendation.

Jayums
I sincerely hate this watch. On some watches is unacceptable the lume applying it gives lots of headache.

I've just ordered one from you haha sorry