Sign in to follow this  
letti001

Limited stock liquid metal planet ocean

NicholasShelton

Not here and not like this. Read the sales rules.

Nuked.

Andy-B

Anyone tried it with a G10/Zulu/NATO strap? Are the spring bars far enough away from the case to accommodate a quality, or dare I say OEM, strap? (The lack of screw pins on the bracelet is taking the shine off an otherwise good rep).

Sakurai

^^ The bracelet on the gen doesn't have screw pins IIRC.

Andy-B

^^ The bracelet on the gen doesn't have screw pins IIRC.

You're right. I think a post earlier in the thread gave me a bum steer.

Anyone tried the NATO strap? Any top tips to removing the spring bars?

Jayums

Get a spring bar remover!

As for the NATO strap, no expert but I think the 42 has a 20mm lug width.

Andy-B

Got the spring bar remover, but am having a hard job getting the bracelet off once I've compressed the spring. Short of getting a tool on each end and simultaneously compressing each end of the bar, I can't seem to shift it...

Edited by Andy-B

Jayums

Might be talking bollox but seem to remember using one of the smaller sized spring bar tools easier on my crpo. Other than that you do have to give it a bit of a tug sometimes (so to speak). You could always stick some tape on the bracelet if you worried about scratching it.

Edited by Jayums

Genius
Might be talking bollox but seem to remember using one of the smaller sized spring bar tools easier on my crpo. Other than that you do have to give it a bit of a tug sometimes (so to speak). You could always stick some tape on the bracelet if you worried about scratching it.

Can't beat a good tug

Jayums

Can't beat a good tug

There's definitely a joke in here somewhere about pulling it off and then putting the strap on.

Stewart

If you are on the fence about the LMPO consider the response from this gen Omega blog...

"PO LM is a very desirable watch. I concur.

However a month ago during a GTG somebody bring both original PO LM and PO LM replica, a high quality one. It took me 2 minutes with a loupe to find minute differences. It was that scary."

Read more here.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/what-about-the-limited-edition-liquidmetal-planet-ocean-today.15839/page-2

k4jun

Guys, is it a direct swap to change a bezel from LMPO to (Noob's) CrPO ?

MilgramExp
Woof. Mine arrived today. Was expecting a lot more out of Noob. The feet on the Omega symbol on the face are a dead give away. The bracelet is chincy, and is not the screw ended pins, just pins that require pounding out to resize. It arrived without protection on the crystal. The lume application is skewed. And worst of all I cannot get the winder to recess without the date advancing (The necessary click-and-settle just doesnt happen no matter how many times I adjust my method).

Next to my 42mm Orange PO from Noob it just doesn't stand up.

The pearl is spot on for a chane though.

Get it services, that should sort out the crown/winder/date issue. An oil bath will help the bracelet too, shame about the pins not screws. If your Omega on the dial is like Andy-B's then it looks good to me: no happy feet. How about KeNnY for a relume, you could get it serviced at the same time?

I've just learned to deal with it. The same week this arrived my trusty orange PO went to shit to I have to deal with that now instead. Oh well.

Ilikewaches

Well the Gen has pins not screws, so you should be glad it doesn't have screws

MilgramExp

Oh nice. I assumed all the PO's would have the same band.

Andy-B

DSC05540.jpg

Fitted the NATO G10/Zulu from Toro. Prefer the 'lighter' weight witthout the bracelet.

Edited by Andy-B

MilgramExp

Nice. Might have to get me one of those. I like orange accents.

MilgramExp

Can you link that? I can only find the 007 strap.

Andy-B

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial "007 Spectre" Nylon Strap

It has the "OMEGA" and "007/Pistol" logos engraved on two of the keepers and the Greek letter ­­Ω on the buckle, as per the images; 20mm width.

I guess the only (non-quality/price) difference to the OEM strap is the 007/Pistol logo. But if you can live with that...

Edited by Andy-B

MilgramExp

Well the winder already won't catch. Any tips or tricks to repair this so I can avoid the hassle and cost of pro service?

Andy-B

Not good. I'm already having to replace the rotor as the bearing has gone. Have bought a tool kit, some (hopefully) decent screwdrivers and am receiving instruction from YouTube with 'top-tips' from members of this site. The winder action and date-wheel interaction isn't great on mine either it must be said.

JSJ

EDIT: Damn, got meself in a mess with importing some text...

JSJ

Welcome to reps. Sometimes this sort of thing happens, sometimes reps run and run without any trouble. Having plenty of watches and learning how to fix the modelling yourself, like you are doing, is the way that some of us learn to enjoy the hobby.</p> <div> </div> <div>I would never go back to having just one watch, even if it were a high-end gen. This hobby has given me the chance to wear and enjoy more or less any watch I want without sweating about it being stolen, going wrong or being smashed accidentally.

dannie41560

Anyone have any luck finding one of these lately? Most all rep dealers are out of stock still hoping to get my hands on one.

OmegaRH

I am waiting for mine that will arrive about a week. Bought it here (i know its not TD) so i will update you guys. (http://www.timeswisstime.com/swiss_omega_seamaster_planet_ocean_replica_watch.html#Planet Ocean 42mm Ceramic Liguimetal ETA)

this version: Planet Ocean 42mm Ceramic Liguimetal BLK/WT ETA 1:1

Got a question: 16mm versus 14mm what makes the watch thinner? Entire case?, solid CB is thinner than glass? or something else?

p-ro

I am waiting for mine that will arrive about a week. Bought it here (i know its not TD) so i will update you guys. (http://www.timeswiss...tch.html#Planet Ocean 42mm Ceramic Liguimetal ETA)

this version: Planet Ocean 42mm Ceramic Liguimetal BLK/WT ETA 1:1

Got a question: 16mm versus 14mm what makes the watch thinner? Entire case?, solid CB is thinner than glass? or something else?

Taking a bit of a risk there mate