Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

SARB035: Mini Review & Photoshoot!

Gazzla

Hey Gang

So this arrived last week; I was salivating like a rabid dog for 3 days. I bought this as a precursor to dipping my toe into the Grand Seiko water and needed to know if I could live with the size of a Grand Seiko SBGT005. At 37.5mm I was concerned that it may be too small. My fears were realised when I popped this on my wrist. I've tried loads of different straps, but whatever I put it on it still wears too small for me. :sad:

Notwithstanding, this is one beautiful watch. Everything about it screams solidly built. From the superb high beat 6R movement to the dial and markers, everything is proper. The second hand sweeps round serenely, the date changes as it should and the DWO sits perfectly in the window. The bracelet is an upgrade from the usual Seiko, which can be a bit rattly. The 20mm lug width is perfect; it weighs just 137 grams with the bracelet. It really is fantastic. :D

So, three things I've learnt from buying this watch:

1. It is a beautiful piece and I so wish it was a couple of mm bigger. :sad:

2. I won't be buying a Grand Seiko SBGT005 :sad:

3. Someone will get a brand new SARB035 very soon :D

Enough bollocks and drivel, eh?

Pics:

6cCFdn2.jpg

ShrMyGb.jpg

9d13jnv.jpg

2knsFlE.jpg

XkFsmjF.jpg

IBjKvjL.jpg

LHDe0rd.jpg

w7CxRHf.jpg

FkrzSRi.jpg

bWKgZZd.jpg

fF0PN8G.jpg

RbpjHJB.jpg

ReXud96.jpg

4VufXzv.jpg

LosiaU0.jpg

80oPmjy.jpg

yahRUYq.jpg

J02Z0dK.jpg

WUfDatM.jpg

CF4BpBD.jpg

Gaz :D

WatchDog21

Its a killer. Such a beautiful watch but yes, hard to get past the smaller size. I just left a Seiko AD a few minutes ago. I was trying on a few and did give a Grand Seiko a try on. Looks fantastic and I guess I would have one if the price was not up there where they are. I just kinda figure when I am spending that kind of money I need every aspect to my liking and the smaller size is what stops me. With that said, there is an Astron in the near future!

Great pics as always Gaz!

dalboy

Beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful Gaz..

GLWS :lmao:

BenjaminButton

Yep, just too small. Real shame the quality and detailing are really excellent. Love the lume. Photographs are also, as always, superb.

insert-here

So what size was the Grand Seiko lite with the snowflake dial you had about a month ago?

Gazzla

Its a killer. Such a beautiful watch but yes, hard to get past the smaller size. I just left a Seiko AD a few minutes ago. I was trying on a few and did give a Grand Seiko a try on. Looks fantastic and I guess I would have one if the price was not up there where they are. I just kinda figure when I am spending that kind of money I need every aspect to my liking and the smaller size is what stops me. With that said, there is an Astron in the near future!

Ooooh, are you buying an Astron? :Jumpy:

WatchDog21

I only went into the AD to drop off my Accutron for service. The Astron display case was just glaring at me. I should have never put one on my wrist, but yes I do believe the Astron will be my next; most likely next month. Its just a matter of deciding which one since I like so many :picard:

Gazzla

I only went into the AD to drop off my Accutron for service. The Astron display case was just glaring at me. I should have never put one on my wrist, but yes I do believe the Astron will be my next; most likely next month. Its just a matter of deciding which one since I like so many :picard:

Here's mine. Make sure you get the latest model. The earlier ones are a bit big and not as good in my opinion:

XwJEnR0.jpg

WatchDog21

Here's mine. Make sure you get the latest model. The earlier ones are a bit big and not as good in my opinion:

XwJEnR0.jpg

The one I tried was like yours with the exception of RG hands and markers. Forgot to get the model number but I have to go back in about a week to pick up the Accutron

Gazzla

Yep, just too small. Real shame the quality and detailing are really excellent. Love the lume. Photographs are also, as always, superb.

Thanks Ben. I'm a bit gutted to be honest; virtually rules out a Grand Seiko. :sad:

Gazzla

So what size was the Grand Seiko lite with the snowflake dial you had about a month ago?

42mm, which is perfect, but no 6R movement . . . :sad:

BenjaminButton

Thanks Ben. I'm a bit gutted to be honest; virtually rules out a Grand Seiko. :sad:

42mm......

60e92b93f15153c757f883c793de52fb.jpg

MoveAlong

Gaz, I like looking at your pics more than looking at my own SARB, bravo as usual! :D

Kwt

From the wrist shot you posted mate, I don't think it is too small for your wrist but then I think you are use to wearing 44mm watches. You are going to have no problems selling at all man - this is still a import model only.

UmpaHimself

Nice! That lume is pretty sweet too.

jcagara08

wow amazing piece right there!

looking forward for your sales thread!

37mm is the sweet spot for such dressy watches

Gazzla

42mm......

Perfect size, but double the dough. :sad:

Gazzla

wow amazing piece right there!

looking forward for your sales thread!

37mm is the sweet spot for such dressy watches

Thanks. :D

Kleen™

Gaz; every time you post photos I hate you a little more...you never cease to instill that sense of "WANT"....nee..."NEED" of whatever watch that has become the object of your lens.

I think the best way forward (to solve this problem) would be for you to PP me the corresponding amount needed to purchase the watch in question - preferably before you post it....;)

Thank you for your cooperation!

BenjaminButton

42mm......

Perfect size, but double the dough. :sad:

Didn't check the price.... Twice the dough......Arse!!

Are you on a mission to go genuine?

Gazzla

Not sure what you are alluding to?

For a Grand Seiko or just generally?

BenjaminButton

Not sure what you are alluding to?

For a Grand Seiko or just generally?

I was mainly distracting myself from a long and tense day at work with talk of watches. Any talk. Love the Grand Seikos but they are a serious purchase.... I guess I'm asking generally given the smaller Grand Seikos are too small. I'm rambling ignore me. :)

Gazzla

Gaz; every time you post photos I hate you a little more...you never cease to instill that sense of "WANT"....nee..."NEED" of whatever watch that has become the object of your lens.

I think the best way forward (to solve this problem) would be for you to PP me the corresponding amount needed to purchase the watch in question - preferably before you post it.... ;)

Thank you for your cooperation!

That made me . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

WatchDog21

Just when I thought the Grand Seiko was too small I find this one a 44mm: SBGA031. Still a good chunk of dough at around $6700

SBGA031__10993.1389290531.600.600.jpg?c=2

Drive system Spring Drive

Caliber No. 9R65

Case High-intensity titanium

Bezel High-intensity titanium and black hard-coated high-intensity titanium

Case back Screw case back

Glass Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating

Bracelet Solid high-intensity titanium and solid titanium

Buckle Titanium and stainless steel with three-hold clasp with secure lock, push button release and diver adjuster

Accuracy ±1 second / day

Water resistance 200 m

Magnetic resistance 4800 A/m (60 gauss)

Weight 137g

Case thickness 14.0mm

Case diameter 44.2mm

Jewels 30

Remarks

One-way rotating bezel

Screw crown

Gazzla

Just when I thought the Grand Seiko was too small I find this one a 44mm: SBGA031. Still a good chunk of dough at around $6700

Yep, I looked at that, saw the price tag and hid in a dark room.