Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

THE DC REVIEW: AP Royal Oak Jumbo 15202 New Release!!!

Member X

Hey DC,

Great review :) I've had one of the APs on my radar for a while but the models confuse me and some versions had issues when the caseback was screwed in properly IIRC :lol: so I've not got one yet!

Is this the quartz 39mm model on Toro's website?

http://www.torobravo.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1770

I quite like the 15400 mentioned above as well TBH... :Whistle: lol

_DC_
Hey DC,

Great review :) I've had one of the APs on my radar for a while but the models confuse me and some versions had issues when the caseback was screwed in properly IIRC :lol: so I've not got one yet!

Is this the quartz 39mm model on Toro's website?

http://www.torobravo.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1770

I quite like the 15400 mentioned above as well TBH... :Whistle: lol

Dunno where you got that link but it doesn't go to Toro's website, lol!! But yes this is the quartz 39mm that he's offering.

The model with caseback issues was the old 39mm 15300 rep, sometimes when the caseback was fully tightened the rotor would stick, but I had one and it never had that problem so I think it must have just been a bad batch!

The 15400 is too big IMO, definitely think AP ruined the Royal Oak when they upsized it!!!

DC

Member X

FFS

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1770

Hope that works?? This computer hates me...

I like 'chunky' watches, though, so the 15400 does still appeal ;) mainly because I like a sweeping seconds hand :P lol, but quartz in the 15202 should be a lot more reliable than an auto movement!

I wish it was cheaper, but if the quality is there... If it was $160 as suggested, it would be a complete no-brainer and I'm sure would fly off the shelves!

mrgoodlife

great wathc ! but to me its. too expensive for a quartz one

great wathc ! but to me its. too expensive for a quartz one

Lolo1972sg

This is the correct link to toro's site for this rep guys:

http://www.torobravo...product_id=1770

And I think someone has mentioned about this previously, so just a reminder: the gen 15202 has the word "Automatic" just below "Audermars Piguet" on the dial. For this rep, this is missing.

In addition, the gen's back case is also different from this rep if I am not mistaken.

That said, buy it if you like it.

Edited by Lolo1972sg

Godfathar

DC , do you think this would fit this rep?

3886.jpg

The seller wrote this, which I didn't get for which model..

"Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jubilee Zifferblatt Blau"

_DC_
DC , do you think this would fit this rep?

3886.jpg

The seller wrote this, which I didn't get for which model..

"Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jubilee Zifferblatt Blau"

Doubt it would fit, the date window certainly wouldn't line up so would need some sort of DWO mod!

DC

Daywatch

Thanks DC, great and informative review of an interesting model. I do favour no ticking seconds quartz for their reliability and quality feel otb (or absence of loud rotors or other noises) and I´m always looking for slim watches. This one is a serious contender.

everythingwithmod-eration

DC, absolutely beautiful review!

After having a purchase fall through trying to get the AP RO 15400 (TF) after finding that the new model from them is thicker (from 10mm to 11mm) and has the "automatic" in the wrong place on the dial (when in their earlier models it was correct) you may have just made it all worth it.

A shout out to "Daywatch" for suggesting to read your review.

Thank you!

gentefina

Brilliant and very useful review. Been looking at one of these, and specifically looking for a 39mm Jumbo, rather than the 41mm 15400. I thought to get in in black dial, as I have the Miyota Nautilus in blue. Just for variation!

Lolo1972sg

The JF 15400 has pretty good reviews so that is an option if the TF 15400 is not well liked.

_DC_
The JF 15400 has pretty good reviews so that is an option if the TF 15400 is not well liked.

That's all very interesting but this is a thread about the jumbo not the 15400, pay attention :P

DC

ryan patrick

Great review DC!!! Thank you!!!

One question:

is there an opening in the case where the screw down crown enters? Or is it completely sealed?

Thank you!

_DC_

One question:

is there an opening in the case where the screw down crown enters? Or is it completely sealed?

Thank you!

You're thinking about the 15300 rep, where the movement with crown still installed can be lifted out of the case. This watch doesn't have that, you have to remove the crown and stem in order to remove the movement!

DC

Dendo

Excellent review - thanks mate!

ziusudra

Thanks DC. great review!

ryan patrick

One question:

Thank you!

You're thinking about the 15300 rep, where the movement with crown still installed can be lifted out of the case. This watch doesn't have that, you have to remove the crown and stem in order to remove the movement!

DC

Thanks DC, You're the man!

Spackjarrow

Congratulations on the review. Super work as usual. Ur collection of watches is interesting.

Now what would it take for them to bring this 15202 and the 5711 brown dial in RG?

_DC_
Congratulations on the review. Super work as usual. Ur collection of watches is interesting.

Now what would it take for them to bring this 15202 and the 5711 brown dial in RG?

Dunno, I wish they would though, I'd love both in RG!!!

DC

Godfathar

Did someone say 5711 in brown dial and full RG?

Still waiting for it BTW :(

Spackjarrow
Did someone say 5711 in brown dial and full RG?

Still waiting for it BTW :(

cf9f0cfdce7af995e1929c426f0d84d4.jpgb67e3d03d092df0beabeb10053cdb0ef.jpg0c9c3eeff42f27c415ecf7809d339fae.jpgca5574f7302d910b06f66801e16562ea.jpg

Found it on a post made by Supermirrors (trusted dealer there) on another forum. Upon Enquiry he mentioned it being out of stock!

Spackjarrow

THIS IS AP review!! Lets not get distracted by all the beautiful things Patek.

_DC_

Haha, it wasn't a very good 5711r rep though, I recall this one being discussed and I'm sure Godfather was involved in the discussion! Try again rep factories!!!

DC

Godfathar

Hahahah yes I was involved. And it was a bad try. I think it was a fantasy watch that was done before the intro of the 5711 1R.

Sorry. Now back to AP 15202

mech500

Very nice. Thanks for the review. What's the crystal clarity like compared to say the latest 15400 reps?