Sign in to follow this  
P4GTR

Rare DRSD showing up on TRF, what do you make of it?

PatronSaintofChainsaws

You don't have to replace characters in the URL...the forum prepends a redirect for external URLa automatically.

KBH

Too bad you can't see the pictures unless you're logged in.

KeNnY

its time to repost pictures here !

andygt

Here's the pictures, my gut feeling is it's a Rocky Horror Show special...

attachment_003.jpg

attachment_006.jpg

attachment_007.jpg

attachment_004.jpg

attachment_005.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment_002.jpg

attachment_008.jpg

KinCaidk

that dial looks fake!

KeNnY

uh uh Vintage beat up ! :D

andygt

Serial and case number, is it just me or does the case number look like 1655 rather than 1665 and the engraving looks a bit wonky?

006.jpg

004.jpg

solkryssare

Really cant say for sure but it looks like an eight to me. 168? 1680? with a DRSD dial?

solkryssare

Plus the bezel looks more like 1680 as well. And that might also be why the watchmaker installed a 1680 crystal....makes sense to me...

AllergyDoc

The CGs are the "Corinado" (spelling) CGs seen on a vintage GMT. RollexAddict made one of those.

KinCaidk
The CGs are the "Corinado" (spelling) CGs seen on a vintage GMT. RollexAddict made one of those.

And I own it :D

solkryssare

Yeah almost. But not quite imo. Could be an over polished GMT. But they look to be some what of amix between CG styles :D

andygt

I've seen an El Cornino 5513 and 5512 too but never a 1665.

The prototype back story is good thinking as it explains away any discrepancies...

10:10 Watch Repair

So the premise is: no one in the Police department, or at the auction knows what a Rolex is and assumed it wasn't valuable, so this guy was able to get it for $350?

andygt

At least he didn't find it in his uncle's sock drawer like those rare subs that turn up weekly on ebay

KBH

It seems wrong on many levels. DRSD came with superdome crystals and never with cyclops.

Case back had engraving.

pp34.jpg

ft and m are in italics on all except the last version Ver. 4. This is definitely not a real v4 as seen below. Note particularly the placement of the L under the larger than normal crown on the dial.

rsd28.jpg

All other DRSD dials:

DSC_0101em.jpg

PatronSaintofChainsaws
It seems wrong on many levels. DRSD came with superdome crystals and never with cyclops.

Case back had engraving.

pp34.jpg

ft and m are in italics on all except the last version Ver. 4. This is definitely not a real v4 as seen below. Note particularly the placement of the L under the larger than normal crown on the dial.

rsd28.jpg

All other DRSD dials:

DSC_0101em.jpg

Read the thread. He had the crystal replaced by a local jeweler prior to posting pics, and the pictured watch is consistent with the features of a DRSD mk0 (no "2000", no case-back engravings, no HRV, folded link bracelet).

http://doubleredseadweller.com/drsd_mark_0.htm

So the premise is: no one in the Police department, or at the auction knows what a Rolex is and assumed it wasn't valuable, so this guy was able to get it for $350?

This is what concerns me more. It sounds like a fantastic story meant as a way to drum up free advertising for an auction in the near future.

andygt

Nice to see all the generous people giving out their details to "help" :)

djprone

I've seen this exact same watch with the exact same wear marks and scratches somewhere else, i'm going to now have to do some research....

but I could be mistaken of course.

sfa437

I hope it is real. Always nice seeing someone score big (never happens to me so I live vicariously).

Sent the OP a PM in regards to PERSEC considering they might be sitting on a 300K+ item if it proves to be a prototype or MK0.

Odd things do happen- some dude found an original US Constitution behind a garage sale painting or some goofy shit like that not too long ago.

KBH
Read the thread. He had the crystal replaced by a local jeweler prior to posting pics, and the pictured watch is consistent with the features of a DRSD mk0 (no "2000", no case-back engravings, no HRV, folded link bracelet).

http://doubleredseadweller.com/drsd_mark_0.htm

This is what concerns me more. It sounds like a fantastic story meant as a way to drum up free advertising for an auction in the near future.

Missed that one. You're right and it's starting to look very expensive to me now. :)

P4GTR
I hope it is real. Always nice seeing someone score big (never happens to me so I live vicariously).

Sent the OP a PM in regards to PERSEC considering they might be sitting on a 300K+ item if it proves to be a prototype or MK0.

Odd things do happen- some dude found an original US Constitution behind a garage sale painting or some goofy shit like that not too long ago.

Same here, wouldn't mind seeing this turn out to be a fairytale with a happy ending.

At first it looked sloppy, I was ready to start listing the "tells". Then I just sat there, realizing I don't have any idea what i'm talking about. :) Crown height on the case, is it really off or am I? Patina looks fresh and even and rep colored. So what? Rehaut, who knows with that awful crystal in place.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this thread. I saw you PM, then someone saying "here they come out of the woodwork". What is PERSEC, btw?

10:10 Watch Repair
What is PERSEC, btw?

Personal Security.

Cop talk I guess...

wat44

I have re-registered there after being banned

new ip, new email, lets rock and roll