Sign in to follow this  
Monkeynut

First Order

Monkeynut

Ordered my first 2 reps last week from Lawrence @ House of Souvenirs, a Breitling Chronmat in white and an Omega Seamaster PO in Orange.

As I am a noob I went for the safe bet and ordered these with the quartz movement, (I know, watch afficionado's don't really like them) until I gain a bit more knowledge about the 7750 movements in the more expensive reps. I didn't want to be disappointed with not being able to use my new rep cause I didn't understand it. I am really interested to see what the quality of these lower end reps are.

Already looking at the next rep, a Breitling Skyland in black with yellow accents and a black leather strap. My first two haven't even arrived yet.

Anyhow if anyone has had experience with these quartz reps and has any opinions on their quality I would be pleased to hear them.

Cheers

(I had posted this on the end of my introduction thread, couldn't figure out how to delete the post or move it. Sorry for doubling up)

3xrock

I just did the same thing, ordered the 45mm PO from Robert because of the 7750 movement, Robert now offers a service before shipping on 7750 movements. This is the direction I'll be going as I know JACK SHIT about watches. You should check it out, I had the same concerns as you. Robert is Prestige Watch Company.

djprone

Congrats mate. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with buying quartz reps. They are accurate and very reliable, some mechanical movements including the 7750 can be tempermental, although i have not had any problems with mine. Some of the quartz reps use the same cases as the mechanical versions, i'm not sure about yours though - but it should be of a good quality if bought from a trusted dealer here. I'm currently looking at an AP Royal Oak Quartz.

I look forward to your review when you receive them :)

Member X

+1

Quartz reps are a great 'safe' starting point in the rep world - look good, reliable movements, and great prices :)

Don't worry about what othes think (re auto vs quartz) - buy what suits you and what you like, not what others dictate! :rofl:

Post some pics when you get them!

rychastings

Quartz is a solid rep movement but it isnt necessarily accurate to the gen. For a newbie though like myself, I would either go for quartz chrono or non chrono automatic (eg 2824,2836 type movement)