Sign in to follow this  
5imon

Pam 237 - 2 Years on

5imon

Hello all

This is just a quick post to give an update of a watch I purchased from one of the TD's here over two years ago. It is My Pam 237. I must say, after all this time I still love the watch.

When I purchased the watch I couldn't believe how good it was, it oozed quality.

I know there are minor differences between this and the original but most would be hard pushed to see them at a general glance.

When first received the watch was not perfect, at least not in my eyes. The casing had some minor scratches and scuffs, the hands did not exactly line up when each hour passed. These are things that although minor I wanted to fix.

I decided to have the watch serviced, so movement was serviced and casing was polished. In doing this the hands were put back so everything was aligned correctly.

When I got the watch back, I was even more delighted. This watch was a joy to have and may I say still is.

Two years on I am still wearing it at weekends. It is still in pristine condition and keeps perfect time. I did regulate so it gains about half a second a day.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to give the watch a treat and purchased a Kain Nubuck Wine Calf strap and this has given the watch a new look from the rubber strap I have been wearing.

I give you the Panerai 237

PaM-237_zpswc1j0dmi.png

Edited by 5imon

Member X

Noooo, this can't be right, all reps are poorly made junk that will break in two weeks!!!

;):D

Good to hear you are still happy with it :) I am grateful that reps bring great design within our reach for sensible money - makes you wonder where the rest of the Gen's price goes...

5imon

Noooo, this can't be right, all reps are poorly made junk that will break in two weeks!!!

Member X

I think there are still many years left in her.

;)

Edited by 5imon

Member X

I do agree - I was just pretending to be a snobby Gen-only owner ;) :P

What are you going to buy next? ;):D

5imon

Its ok, I knew you were pretending.

Reps have got so good now. With the help of some of the watch smiths on the forum a rep can last almost indefinatly.

Member X, I am thinking of a new watch, I did have my eye on a Pam 111. I have been looking for the last few weeks and I have almost made up my mind to go for a Pam 224 Firenze.

I do like the H series. Again I know its not perfect but I really like that blue face. The real deal breaker for me is the 7753 movements have WOBBLING chrono minute counter hand. Is there an inexpensive fix for this issue and does every 7753 suffer from it.?

What is your favorite Pam rep at the moment?. :giggle:

Edited by 5imon

Member X

There are too many to choose from! :D

Everyone should have a 111 :P but 112 is classy and understated...

I have never had a 7750/7753 - as you say, they can have issues, which has deterred me.

Plenty of people do have them, though - have a search and/or start a thread to ask about reliability experiences!

UmpaHimself

But 5imon, your avatar is a daytona

5imon

UmpaHimself

You are right. I used to really like Rolex, especially the Daytona (hence the Avatar). It was the problem Movement that put me off getting one. I did get and still have a Rolex Anniversary Green Sub, its a super rep that I like a lot.

:giggle:

Myfirstandlastname

As someone who just ordered his first two reps, it's good to know that they can last

N.Rico

thats a really nice piece , good to know you are still enjoying it .

BTW that is a nice combo strap .

Phronesis

Hello all

This is just a quick post to give an update of a watch I purchased from one of the TD's here over two years ago. It is My Pam 237. I must say, after all this time I still love the watch.

When I purchased the watch I couldn't believe how good it was, it oozed quality.

I know there are minor differences between this and the original but most would be hard pushed to see them at a general glance.

When first received the watch was not perfect, at least not in my eyes. The casing had some minor scratches and scuffs, the hands did not exactly line up when each hour passed. These are things that although minor I wanted to fix.

I decided to have the watch serviced, so movement was serviced and casing was polished. In doing this the hands were put back so everything was aligned correctly.

When I got the watch back, I was even more delighted. This watch was a joy to have and may I say still is.

Two years on I am still wearing it at weekends. It is still in pristine condition and keeps perfect time. I did regulate so it gains about half a second a day.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to give the watch a treat and purchased a Kain Nubuck Wine Calf strap and this has given the watch a new look from the rubber strap I have been wearing.

I give you the Panerai 237

PaM-237_zpswc1j0dmi.png

5imon! Nice piece mate! And incidentally one I think I've similarly settled on! Had to sell my gen Luminor Base a couple of years ago and never quite got over it! ;( Forgive me if I don't know the protocol here but do you have a suggestion as to the most reputable place to buy this repro? Cheers

nofitstate
As someone who just ordered his first two reps, it's good to know that they can last

Don't worry , you'll easily get two years and more out of a good rep. Some of mine are that old and still going strong. In fact not had single one die on me yet. Had a a couple of problems, but nothing that I couldn't sort.

5imon

Good reps do last. My first decent replica watch was the Rolex LV. I got that just over 10 years ago, in 2005. Although I don't wear it much I do put it on occasionally and It still runs perfectly, really looks the part as well.

Rolex-Monkey_zpshebkh3us.jpg

RUSH2112

Change the font op. I can't read this shit.

5imon

Change the font op. I can't read this

Is this any better Rush2112 :giggle:

5imon

Phronesis

Thanks for the kind words

You have a PM

Myfirstandlastname

Good reps do last. My first decent replica watch was the Rolex LV. I got that just over 10 years ago, in 2005. Although I don't wear it much I do put it on occasionally and It still runs perfectly, really looks the part as well.

Rolex-Monkey_zpshebkh3us.jpg

That is great!! I knew enough from reading obsessively to buy good movements, preferably that have been serviced... And don't get them wet :)

Myfirstandlastname

Don't worry , you'll easily get two years and more out of a good rep. Some of mine are that old and still going strong. In fact not had single one die on me yet. Had a a couple of problems, but nothing that I couldn't sort.

Can't wait to get started... I'm in research mode now until my watches arrive :)

drmdtsap

Gorgeous... a pam is definitely a must on a watch collection

5imon

thats a really nice piece , good to know you are still enjoying it .

BTW that is a nice combo strap .

Hi Nalonrico

Yes, I spent a couple of days looking at straps and finally decided on the Kain.

BTW that Carbon strap looks great.

5imon

Thanks drmdtsap

P.S. I see you are getting a T.C. sub. I have been reading about these and have been very tempted myself

drmdtsap

Thanks drmdtsap

P.S. I see you are getting a T.C. sub. I have been reading about these and have been very tempted myself

Υes indeed. I was tempted one year ago... i did make my move and very happy about it