Sign in to follow this  
randomguy101

LMPO movement replacement

randomguy101

I need a new movement for my LMPO which I got in 2014. Would something like this:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clone-ETA-2824-2-movement-automatic-High-grade-gold-color-plated-/221594899768?hash=item339815d538:g:ZlgAAMXQ1ZhTgwTg be a drop-in for my case/hands? If not, where would be the best place to get a replacement movement?

Pics of watch:

9an9eNF.jpg

zF4G73a.jpg

wrj7vcW.jpg

GenTLe

The one you selected should be a direct swap but you need to check if you have 2824 or 2836 in the lmpo and select the right one because they are a bit different in height. And I would get the silver one (from same seller).

Also you need to check the cannon pinion height, but I believe that should be fine since the beginning.

randomguy101

Thanks GenTLe, it is the 2824-2 as shown in the first picture. What is the difference between the silver one and this one? Is it just better decorated or is there some other difference I'm missing?

GenTLe
Thanks GenTLe, it is the 2824-2 as shown in the first picture. What is the difference between the silver one and this one? Is it just better decorated or is there some other difference I'm missing?

The silver looks better finished and it is 100% seagull. The gold one I am not 100% sure is a seagull one.

MilgramExp

Replacement runs around $90, and service about the same. So you're looking at about half of what it would cost to just replace it. Found myself in a similar situation and am trying to find a more cost-effective option.

GenTLe
Just a word of caution, POs can be a nightmare to work on because of the raised dial features (Omega logo, indicies)...check out the post below from Alex at UK Watch Repair.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=94886&hl=&fromsearch=1

When I serviced mine I didn't find it particularly difficult. In comparison the Rolex GMT 2 has been much worse :)

sheldonj34

Replacement runs around $90, and service about the same. So you're looking at about half of what it would cost to just replace it. Found myself in a similar situation and am trying to find a more cost-effective option.

hello where did you get the inside replaced