Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Another cracking Patek landed today!

_DC_

Ordered this beauty from the ever reliable WatchFinder. A Patek 5170 black dial. I deviated from my usual rule of only going for gen colour configurations on this one. Ok, the 5170 has just been released in black dial, but it doesn't have pulsometric scale and the subdials are larger than this. So why did I get it? Well, look at it...

C2A31461-1916-4305-B4F2-E70D909B82B8_zps9axassnr.jpg

I like it for it's resemblance to the 5370 released at this years BaselWorld, which is gorgeous...

3348E2F7-1050-48C3-B4B5-7D1B0D1EB250_zpspnrdzqyt.jpg

Needless to say, with it's super slick ST19 column wheel chronograph movement, it's as good to use as it is to look at!! It also arrived in 4 days, nice job Tim!!

Thoughts?!

DC

Gazzla
25kDRsR.gif

HeavyKrush

DC, I would say this to be the one to add to my collection for Patek. Very nice. Also, great job with the pics.

HeavyKrush

Oh, hey DC... Just noticed the 5370 also tells you when to "email"... Pretty snazzy feature mate!

_DC_
Oh, hey DC... Just noticed the 5370 also tells you when to "email"... Pretty snazzy feature mate!

Haha, yeah at half past every hour it's email time!! In case you or anyone else was wondering, émail is French for enamel (it's an enamel dial)!

DC

Stewart

Looks high end and well made. Nice pick-up.

Robin195959

They're both gorgeous DC. It's a personal thing but I personally wouldn't try to carry off a big3 rep let alone a fantasy. But if you can, good for you and go for it.

Godfathar

When I close my eyes, I see a French Parisian cooking up a shiny black strap.. :)

Congrats on your arrival.. it's gorgeous. how come no Arabic numerals though? I don't think it was so hard to make!

but all in all, a lovely add on to the collection. wear it in great health. still the master of Patekaholism.

bowtiefanatc

Looks gorgeous!!

_DC_
When I close my eyes, I see a French Parisian cooking up a shiny black strap.. :)

Congrats on your arrival.. it's gorgeous. how come no Arabic numerals though? I don't think it was so hard to make!

but all in all, a lovely add on to the collection. wear it in great health. still the master of Patekaholism.

You'd be right about the Parisian strap maker, that will be happening next week I'd say, also got a deployant buckle incoming from WatchFinder for it (they forgot to send it with the watch :P)

It's gonna look lovely!!

DC

wogboy_9000

looks fantastic!!