Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

VDB sightings

greg_r

I've heard of being "addicted to the sauce", Sconey, but I didn't think that was what it meant! :boobies:

prestigewatchco

Seem he like some of the people who bought the watches are all in denial .

He can't see what all the fuss is about maybe he was only doing what he has for a long time and the people who are calling him out were singing his praises a few months before he has not done anything differnt so is probibly putting it down the the recession or fashion

sconehead

maybe...it's akin to giving a rusty car a respray to make it look nice...thing won't run properly but it looks good...mind you, the 'gen' parts situation stinks imo...

prestigewatchco

Yes not good scone selling rep as gen. Although I have to say the amount of people who are fascinated by reps containing gen parts and then after they have been given pictures need to ask on the forum if it's gen part or not makes you wonder if they can't tell the difference why they need gen parts for their rep in the begining

sconehead

yep, I modded a TWB Sub with a gen crown and tube years ago...guess what, hardly noticeable...:mad:

Brightlight
yep, I modded a TWB Sub with a gen crown and tube years ago...guess what, hardly noticeable...:mad:

I loved this one on RG yesterday -

Do 21j movement reps accept gen parts? I'm mainly referring to rolex watches. I know there are variances between factories but overall if I want to mod should I stick with asian copies? The only mod I would perform really would be a crown and tube swap for a smoother winding and setting ability if needed.

How does he think a gen tube and crown will make winding and time setting on a 21J any different?

I'm thinking of getting a new gearshift knob for my car to make the gears change more smoothly.............

JohnG

Do 21j movement reps accept gen parts? I'm mainly referring to rolex watches. I know there are variances between factories but overall if I want to mod should I stick with asian copies? The only mod I would perform really would be a crown and tube swap for a smoother winding and setting ability if needed.

How does he think a gen tube and crown will make winding and time setting on a 21J any different?

I'm thinking of getting a new gearshift knob for my car to make the gears change more smoothly.............

Gotta love those noobs...

offshore

Now, now BL, don't knock him...in a week or two he'll know it all, and be taking over from where VDB left off. (And all those failed modders who preceded him, going back as far as RBJ and his $85 dust blow off crystal :mad:)

O/S

O/S

trailboss99

At least he didn't use a shifter to open a Panerai case OS :mad: