Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

VDB sightings

JohnG

yesterday, on RG, like nothing at all was wrong....

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=126437&page=2

nice one

congrats

WTB: Angelus Cal 240 Movement, Rolex 618, Cortebert 616+

STOCKLIST:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=63688

greg_r

Hmm - he seems to have changed his sales tactics...

watchseller.jpg

ebzen02
Hmm - he seems to have changed his sales tactics...

watchseller.jpg

@John..saw that..They should be banned or put on a moratorium and have this thing brought to an end.

@G :sofa:

ebzen02

John.. Have you posted this over at W-C.. They should have plenty of pics of him hiding underneath Bigandwonderfuls trench coat.

JohnG
John.. Have you posted this over at W-C.. They should have plenty of pics of him hiding underneath Bigandwonderfuls trench coat.

I told you, I just got UNBANNED, thanks to your help. I don't want to get RE-BANNED.

And yeah, they should at least get rid of VDB's dealer section at RG, why is it still up?

dingle

And yeah, they should at least get rid of VDB's dealer section at RG, why is it still up?

great question. Pat?

:thumbsup:

JohnG

great question. Pat?

:thumbsup:

SFA is VDB and I claim my five bottles of A-1 sauce...

sfa437

It's open for several reasons.

One- the most important- is for those affected to air gripes and give VDB a chance to respond and try to make things right without it turning into a flame war with uninterested parties chiming in but still be public.

Second is a safe haven so to speak where he can discuss the goings on regarding his work. He does deserve the chance to defend his actions and business.

Third is that there is SO much info out there already, across all the forums, that closing his section is essentially a waste of time. Those who are in the market for a high end vintage know what's happened.

I personally advocated closing the section but the above reasons were enough for me to realize that VDB has a chance to make things right. While his business has tanked and most likely will not recover there are still outstanding issues and questions that need to be resolved.

Brightlight
It's open for several reasons.

One- the most important- is for those affected to air gripes and give VDB a chance to respond and try to make things right without it turning into a flame war with uninterested parties chiming in but still be public.

Second is a safe haven so to speak where he can discuss the goings on regarding his work. He does deserve the chance to defend his actions and business.

Third is that there is SO much info out there already, across all the forums, that closing his section is essentially a waste of time. Those who are in the market for a high end vintage know what's happened.

I personally advocated closing the section but the above reasons were enough for me to realize that VDB has a chance to make things right. While his business has tanked and most likely will not recover there are still outstanding issues and questions that need to be resolved.

Allowing him to comment on other people's builds just seems a little sick to me. The guy is clearly a scammer, there is enough pictorial evidence across the boards and written evidence from people like Ziggy who have had to sort out his problem movements and many others to make this clear. If Josh or Robert or any of the dealers had scammed in this manner they would be closed down and banned immediately. How does he deserve the chance to defend his scams and lies and to continue as if nothing actually happened?

It just seems wrong that RG are giving VDB a courtesy that wouldn't be given to other scammers. Surely he has an email address where any such matters can be sorted out privately.

ebzen02
:)

greg_r

No more sightings of VDB, but I saw his dog...

watchdog.jpg

Del
:) - great cartoon Greg :).

sconehead

VDB ate my pet budgie...:lol:

andygt

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's VDB

sconehead
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's VDB

...well he's a liar and I'm not sure about you...

greg_r

eh? That's nice - and not a VDB watch (the lack of A1 sauce is a dead giveaway).

SERGEANT_AT_ARMS
eh? That's nice - and not a VDB watch (the lack of A1 sauce is a dead giveaway).

Couldn't agree more, the watch is beautiful.

Apparently VDB agrees, as his post in the thread approves:

nice rivet

congrats

greg_r

Ah - completely missed that. Thanks for delivering me from my confusion :huh:

sfa437

Just to clarify- VDB is not allowed to sell on RG.

Those people interested in a high end vintage watch essentially already know about the goings on from threads on every forum in creation.

The best result is for those affected to either be refunded or to have other corrective measures taken that satisfy the complaint. We felt that allowing him the ability to respond & communicate with the end user was important to reach a resolution.

Don't forget these watches have changed hands several times in some instances and the end user might not have comms with VDB.

Brightlight
Just to clarify- VDB is not allowed to sell on RG.

Those people interested in a high end vintage watch essentially already know about the goings on from threads on every forum in creation.

The best result is for those affected to either be refunded or to have other corrective measures taken that satisfy the complaint. We felt that allowing him the ability to respond & communicate with the end user was important to reach a resolution.

Don't forget these watches have changed hands several times in some instances and the end user might not have comms with VDB.

He should have to wear a placard round his fucking neck "Unclean. Scammer" and be forced to ring a warning bell.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
He should have to wear a placard round his fucking neck "Unclean. Scammer" and be forced to ring a warning bell.

Well he didn't make a run for it, so there's at least some integrity to be found.

Brightlight

Well he didn't make a run for it, so there's at least some integrity to be found.

Problem is he doesn't seem to realise what he's done wrong, that's not integrity that's stupidity. As my Gran used to say "where there's no sense there's no feeling". Put yourself in that position, if you'd been caught out in shady dealings would you be posting 'Nice rivets'??

sconehead

Problem is he doesn't seem to realise what he's done wrong, that's not integrity that's stupidity. As my Gran used to say "where there's no sense there's no feeling". Put yourself in that position, if you'd been caught out in shady dealings would you be posting 'Nice rivets'??

...maybe he is suffering from a rivet fetish that overides his common sense?

...that or he's hallucinating from imbibing all those bottles of sauce he has surplus to requirement...:popcorn: