Sign in to follow this  
watcher63

Korea and China Join forces to clamp down on fakes

watcher63

Hey guys, I'm an American guy living here in Korea. I ordered my first rep a few weeks ago and customs told me they wouldn't allow it to be delivered and were sending it back

to China. We'll see if that ever pans out.

Well, I read an article in the paper today which talks about phone scams. At the end of the article it talks about how Korea and China are working together to crack down on "fakes".

Here's an excerpt: "Another issue of cooperation is tackling counterfeit luxury goods, a problem which has given both countries notoriety for being “lands of fakes.†The counterfeit market is estimated to take up 10-15 percent of the whole luxury market.

“Now that the two countries have a shared understanding that voice phishing and fake goods have posed major blows to ordinary people’s lives, we will work on eradicating the crimes,†the prosecutors’ office said in a press release." :D

What a load of crap! My neighborhood is the known in Korea...maybe the rest of Asia and the world?...As the place to buy the highest quality fake leather goods. I can literally walk 5 min. and purchase a non-licended MLB cap, buy a fake golf club for myself and buy my lady a name brand "Italian" bag made in Korea.

So, reading between the lines it seems like Korea will try and stop lower grade Chinese knock off leather goods and watches and whatever, while China will crackdown on higher grade Korean leather goods into China. It sounds like they are just being more protectionist on their goods, that's all. FUCKERS!!!

So, I think there's no way of me getting a watch from China. I suspect, customs would give me shit even for a sterile dial watch. I should pick one out and see if that might work. But, still my options are severally limited.

Hmm..Anyone wanna do a purse for watch trade?

Oh, here's the link to the article if you guys wanna read it: Visit My Website

AllergyDoc

Most countries that have a lot of replica manufacturing put on a show now then to make the corporations think they're cracking down. They make a bust or two, take a bribe or two, before it goes back to business as usual. Both countries ar interested in economic growth, of any kind. I wouldn't pit much stock in their threats.

Dendo
Most countries that have a lot of replica manufacturing put on a show now then to make the corporations think they're cracking down. They make a bust or two, take a bribe or two, before it goes back to business as usual. Both countries ar interested in economic growth, of any kind. I wouldn't pit much stock in their threats.

I would agree. Seen whole districts devoted to rep bags and clothes in Seoul I would not believe they are that serious about rep traffic.

Of course once China (and others) start making inventing their own novel commodities, watches, software, etc it will all be different very quickly.

narikaa

Of course its all bull sh1t

Merely noises made to placate foot stamping septics

Dendo
Of course its all bull sh1t

Merely noises made to placate foot stamping septics

yeah you have to avoid putting your foot in the septic :lol:

bluesme519

hello from KOREA too, and i'm curious how things went after that, where did you ordered the watch from, and did you make it delivered after ur first failure? any methodology?