Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai Regatta PAM308

greg_r

Received this from PrestigeWatchCo today.

I usually post the photos at the end of my reviews, but I'm going to do it the other way around this time.

pam308.jpg

pam308_f_1.jpg

pam308_f_2.jpg

...and a quick shot of the back...

pam308_back.jpg

The watch arrived (with another that I shall review elsewhere) in the usual amazingly short time from Robert - about 4 working days.

The 308 regatta has a beautiful waffle dial, which is captured well by the rep. There's light single AR and the lume is very bright for rep lume, being well applied to both dial and hands - I was quite surprised at how good it was, actually. The crown is nice and thick and the CG is excellent, being fitted with the new-style rollerbearing lever, which is nice and tight. The chrono buttons work smoothly and the chrono hand resets perfectly to 12. Quality generally is quite exceptional - this is a really well-built watch.

The watch is fitted with the modern K series quick release lugs and the new-style 'accordion' rubber dive strap. The strap is nice quality and very soft - however I'm not a big fan of rubber straps, so it will probably be replaced with a leather band at some point.

Overall I'm delighted with the watch - especially at the ridiculous price: $129 !

Yes, you read that right. How come it's so cheap? Simple - it's quartz. There's no way you'd tell without starting the chronos, however, due to the lack of running seconds and the sheer quality. Robert tells me that people have been fooled into thinking these were the 7750 versions - I can see why!

Awesome value for money - and one of the best advertisements for quartz reps I've ever seen. My thanks to Robert for clueing me in.

gB.
:thumbsup: Hopefully mine will arrive by the weekend. Enjoy it mate! :rofl:

Drhulee

Great watch, at a great price. The 308 is one of my favourites.

The main flaws, for the anal retentive Pamatics among us, on this model are the date pusher on the side (no date), wrong coloured seconds and chrono hand (too dark a blue, gen is like the blue in the subdial area), and some very minor flaws on the caseback ..... oh, and the quartz movement :thumbsup: Of course this one is also about $9,000 cheaper than the gen :D

I had the PWC 7750 version of this, but that date pusher just kept bugging me, so I bought a ST19 powered one which I love :rofl:

spboudart

Love that caseback.

deja123

can you make a lume shot please?!

greg_r

This is Robert's lume shot:

regattaqtzlume.jpg

prestigewatchco

This is actually the best case back available on any rep so if it's not good enough Gen is the only answer most other case backs have the crown missing from the engraving

ebzen02

Really nice!!

Del

That is also really nice! Fantastic value too :D.

mondeov6

Another stunner!! Definitely on my "to buy"-list. Enjoy!

rychastings

Its a beautiful watch especially for the price. Quartz is definitely a good movement for chronos and a lot lesss finicky than any 7750. Plus it will keep perfect time :bsmeter:

Drhulee
This is actually the best case back available on any rep

Yes it is. I even bought this rep just so I could swap casebacks with my ST19 powered 308, unfortunately the threading was different :bsmeter:

GC

STUNNER! (again!)

The first pic is my fav...

Super score on a terrific quartz (that no one will ever know is a quartz)

Enjoy it often G!

greg_r

Thanks GC. I'm just waiting for a sharkskin strap to arrive for it - I'm not a big fan of rubber straps. Once the strap is changed I have a feeling it's going to get a LOT of wear :lmao2: