Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai Daylight PAM 236

greg_r

Just acquired this plus a 308 from Robert (PrestigeWatchCo)

Here's a couple of pics:

pam236.jpg

pam236_b.jpg

pam236_w.jpg

The watch arrived (with the 308 reviewed elsewhere) in the usual amazingly short time from Robert - about 4 working days via airmail.

I've been wanting one of the Daylight series chronos for a while. I've always thought that steel suits this range of watches rather better than leather straps, so I paid the extra for the bracelet.

The watch has light single AR, which isn't too blue and the dial 'pops' quite well. The crown is nice and thick and the CG is excellent, being fitted with the new-style rollerbearing lever, which is good and tight. The chrono buttons work smoothly and the chrono hand resets perfectly to 12. Quality generally is quite exceptional - this is a really well-built watch. There's lume to both hands and dial, but it's not especially bright - okay, though.

The watch is fitted with the modern K series quick release lugs - I'm unlikely to make use of them though, as I think the steel bracelet suits this watch best..

Overall I'm delighted with the watch - especially at the silly price: $149 !

Yes, it's a cheapie because it's quartz - which is just about noticeable if you squint at the subdial @ 6, which 'ticks'. Frankly, from more than a foot away, it's invisible, so I really don't care. Meantime I have the reliability and accuracy of quartz in a watch that looks a whole lot like the 7753 version but cost about $200 less.

Awesome value for money - and one of the best advertisements for quartz reps I've ever seen. My thanks to Robert for clueing me in.

d1isthe1

nice pics :thumbsup: look gr8.. Cheers !!!

Del

Looks really nice Greg - enjoy :D.

mondeov6

That watchs looks great! Really, I am amazed over how well built and great looking some of the quartz models are.

They are great value for the money. I for one do not mind quartz movements at all. Congrats to a very nice watch! :D

greg_r

Just added a wrist shot to the original post.

GC

STUNNER!

Wonderful pics as well!

Enjoy it often

greg_r

thanks GC. I shall - wearing it today in fact :lmao2:

gianton

Looks great on you, wear it well!