Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

ADVICE RE SHIPPING COSTS

SteveA

I have recently bought two watches from a trusted dealer and paid $45 for shipping to the dealer.The delivery took around 8 days via Fedex.Today I have received a bill from Fedex for £13.89 shipping fees should I pass this on to the dealer ? Has this happened to anyone else ?

Cynikal.Mindset
I have recently bought two watches from a trusted dealer and paid $45 for shipping to the dealer.The delivery took around 8 days via Fedex.Today I have received a bill from Fedex for £13.89 shipping fees should I pass this on to the dealer ? Has this happened to anyone else ?

those are your fees to absorb, you should have sent air mail, it woulda been cheaper, woulda took a bit longer but there would have been no other fees involved. You can see if the dealer will possibly split it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Balad1

Interesting, what dealer?

KBH

Fedex always seems to tack on fees for going through Customs. They suck.

greg_r

Airmail is both the cheapest and the safest way of returning watches to a dealer. Fedex do indeed suck for customs charges...

SteveA

Yeah this wasnt me returning them though this was me receiving them after paying $45 fees !

greg_r

ouch. Sorry, I misunderstood your original post. Did you specify fedex as your preferred option? Usually a very bad idea. EMS is the normal method with most dealers - although many of them offer a variety of options. However, under the circumstances, you are indeed liable for the extra payment. Actually, you're lucky you got the watch - DHL/Fedex are risky.

Stick with EMS next time.