Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

New Seamaster arrived, very sweet

PeterWorcester

Just received a new Omega rep the Seamaster 300 with the Asian ETA 2824-2 movement and the blue face.

Me Very Happy Watchaholic !!!!

I own a genuine version of the original Quartz Seamaster "James Bond" model and the Automatic one with the stop watch as well, so I'm excited to have this one and wear it for awhile.

I have to say, except for the slight change in style that Omega has made it's a pretty darn good rep of the real thing, the weight and feel is as close to identical as I can tell. It feels really solid has a really well done diver's clasp extension and is a winner. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm dying to water test this watch. The DSSD I bought is awesome I've dove with it, swim with it and shower with it daily and it keeps absolute perfect time, which is a pet peeve of mine. I know I'm not supposed to do it but I feel the need to test this out to see if I can wear it daily.

Any way here are the shots that everyone always asks for, I took them before I even took the plastic wrapping off it.

Head on close up:

JustCasing.jpg

Full shot:

BraceletLaidOut.jpg

Turned over:

BackofBracelet.jpg

Diver's extension on clasp

DiversClasp.jpg

I'll post one wearing it when I have worn it for a day or two.

Cheers to all,

Peter

KBH

I've always liked that one. Someday.........

Bet it'll be water resistant with no problems. At least for swimming.

rychastings

Did you get this one from Mary? I got the same model and I love it with the exception of the inaccurate pearl and the rough clasp.

Wait are those QC pics, the clasp says PLANET OCEAN under Professional. I am pretty sure that is inaccurate as that is not a planet ocean model...

Edited by rychastings

rychastings
Just received a new Omega rep the Seamaster 300 with the Asian ETA 2824-2 movement and the blue face.

Me Very Happy Watchaholic !!!!

I own a genuine version of the original Quartz Seamaster "James Bond" model and the Automatic one with the stop watch as well, so I'm excited to have this one and wear it for awhile.

I have to say, except for the slight change in style that Omega has made it's a pretty darn good rep of the real thing, the weight and feel is as close to identical as I can tell. It feels really solid has a really well done diver's clasp extension and is a winner. I know I'm not supposed to but I'm dying to water test this watch. The DSSD I bought is awesome I've dove with it, swim with it and shower with it daily and it keeps absolute perfect time, which is a pet peeve of mine. I know I'm not supposed to do it but I feel the need to test this out to see if I can wear it daily.

Any way here are the shots that everyone always asks for, I took them before I even took the plastic wrapping off it.

Head on close up:

Full shot:

BraceletLaidOut.jpg

Turned over:

BackofBracelet.jpg

I'll post one wearing it when I have worn it for a day or two.

Cheers to all,

Peter

Arent those two different bracelets in both pictures? one for the SMP bracelet and one for the PO bracelet? that seems odd but might just be me...

chum_2000_uk

They must be QC pics. The pic with the clasp showing is not the same watch... if you look at the pic with the clasp on its side it does not say planet ocean on that.

And the fact that its not an SMP band on the one that says PO anyway, so Mary must have sent a pic of a PO by mistake. Hmm... seen quite a few mistakes with Mary's pics lately. Still, my Tag Carrera was almost spot on, so I can't complain too much.

Edited by chum_2000_uk

warcelo

"Any way here are the shots that everyone always asks for, I took them before I even took the plastic wrapping off it"

Hum... So i guess your name is Mary, right?

Cynikal.Mindset
"Any way here are the shots that everyone always asks for, I took them before I even took the plastic wrapping off it"

Hum... So i guess your name is Mary, right?

BUSTED!!!!!

bme
:bsmeter:

speedzmaster

Yup. Typical Mary QC shots on black leather background.

Do you think we're noobs or something?

MikeMcNair

so whats the deal here? cause i got some QC pix from mary that were the EXACT pix in her FS ad (for the Pam 253)... what gives?

rychastings
so whats the deal here? cause i got some QC pix from mary that were the EXACT pix in her FS ad (for the Pam 253)... what gives?

Mary doesnt take the actual QC pics until you pay. I got stock pics before I payed, but after I payed she gave me the real QC pics when she picked the watch up from the factory.

MikeMcNair

i got my pix 4 days AFTER i paid :bsmeter:

DeLaForce

Oooow, I like spot the difference nice.... Er fail

PeterWorcester

My apologies, I created two albums on PhotoBucket and hurriedly took pics cause I wanted to rip the plastic off and get it on my wrist. One album of the Pics Mary sent me and one album of my own.

I hurriedly posted this and was dead tired from all the traveling I do and wasn't paying attention on which album I posted...

As soon as I get back home to my own Mac and actually have the free time to do so. I will edit the post and put the album of my pictures up instead. My humble apologies did not mean to mislead anyone. I still absolutely love the watch and it is waterproof, at least for showering...

Cheers all,

Peter

seclark007

Peter,

Take all the heat as a blessing in disguise....at least you know that the members here have a keen eye for detail and that usually translates into a big safety net for the greater good....oh, and drag pics from the right bin next time, or you'll risk having steak sauce thrown at you!

S

Del

Very nice Peter - I've always fancied one of these watches myself. Enjoy it :D.

PeterWorcester
Peter,

Take all the heat as a blessing in disguise....at least you know that the members here have a keen eye for detail and that usually translates into a big safety net for the greater good....oh, and drag pics from the right bin next time, or you'll risk having steak sauce thrown at you!

S

Thanks S and Del, appreciate the advice, I became a VIP here because of the fanaticism of us watchaholics so I don't mind the heat at all. Don't want the steak sauce though.. :-)

Del, it is a beauty, I have a very old gen of the same model although the gen is Quartz but on the wrist it's almost impossible to tell them part except for some subtle changes Omega made. Something about this style I really like, I don't really fancy the newer "planet Ocean" version much. I must be too old fashioned

Cherrs all,

Peter

P4GTR

There's a good SMP case with correct He valve on the market again?