Sign in to follow this  
watcher63

Total Hypocrisy!

watcher63

Yesterday I posted an article I found in my local paper here in Korea on how Korea and China are teaming up to stop "fakes". I ordered my first rep, obviously from China, a few weeks ago. It was stopped by Korean customs and they say they are sending it back.

So today I am waiting for the subway and these two ladies start setting up shop and bust out tons of fake Channel and Gucci bags. Like 10 ladies flock to the scene and buy a couple. What hypocrisy! This scene is not rare here in Korea. I've already said I live in the rep handbag capital of the world here. So, I try to buy 1 watch and I get shit, but ladies sell rep bags in the subway and its all cool with the cops here. Selling anything like that is technically illegal here! Ugh!!!!!!

If anyone tried that with watches they would be on your ass quick! Why? Because the bags are made in Korea and the watches are imported. If you live or lived in Korea, you know what I am talking about.

:)

turnipz

Thats pretty interesting, its sort of the rational thing to do though. Its fine to brag about morals and whatnot while your own trade deficit skyrockets.