Sign in to follow this  
fellowsis

What watch should 007 wear?

fellowsis

Okay, so nerd time.

This may have been posted before, and humor me if that's the case, but I want to hear your guys opinion.

So as we all know, if the true spirit of co-operate marketing, bond has worn Omegas for 20 years now. And whether you guys like it or not, its more than likely here to stay. So if there was no affiliation with Omega, what do you guys think he would, or should, wear.

I'm going to put my two pennies in to the ring to begin with, starting with:

CWC SBS diver.

CWC%20SBS%2014_zpsve22yp0v.jpg

CWC no longer supplies watches to the British Armed Forces, but in this reboot version of Bond, he comes from an SBS background, and probably around the time CWC were supplying watches to the Royal Navy.

Omega Seamaster 300 2254.

P1020879-800_zpsqyia9fon.jpg

Yes, this watch is an Omega, but in my opinion the quintessential Omega Diver of the 21st Century. It has a real military look about it that Omega haven't managed to surpass since. I love the Planet Ocean and 300, but to me, are too flashy for this rebooted version, an absoloute brute. It also has the distinction of being awarded to RN Clearance Divers.

Rolex Explorer

aa6a2f34dde41e2e772574b98d078d9a_zpsnmyalbho.jpg

To me this is the quintessential Bond watch. This watch can be worn on any occasion, in the field or with a dinner jacket. Still able to resist water if needed. Interestingly, a fan of the book bond once told Ian Fleming if bond were to wear one watch it would be an Oyster Perpetual, and even the author wore one. A timeless piece in my opinion.

So, what are your guys thoughts? It'd be great to hear your opinions. Hey, I'm even on the lookout for a new watch, so the best choice may end up on my wrist... rep or gen.

Edited by fellowsis

Daywatch

The real Bond never had another watch than Rolex and the only other car he ever used besides the Aston must have been a Jag.

Fast forward to 2015: iPhone and iwatch combo for the modern super-agent, no fun but function.

fetasigma

rolex.......

Donald J Trump

If he was an American ------ he should be wearing this one!

TW7_zps5dwoydfx.jpg

chrismac

The real Bond never had another watch than Rolex and the only other car he ever used besides the Aston must have been a Jag.

Fast forward to 2015: iPhone and iwatch combo for the modern super-agent, no fun but function.

In fact, in book series by Ian Fleming, Bond drive Bentley.

King

Might depend on the actor. My picks:

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

Lazenby - Graham Chronofighter

Dalton - Casio Databank Calculator watch

fellowsis

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

These are some interesting choices, any reason behind them?

MA123

Explorer without a doubt

King

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

Connery, the quintessential Bond, gets the classic, iconic Sub. That's a given.

Moore was almost as good, but not quite. Particularly in his later movies. So he gets the sub's little brother, the Seamaster. Nice watch, but not quite a sub.

Brosnan is my third favorite Bond, but he's a bit pretentious and never quite connected with the masses. Just like the AP. Plus, his movies had weird gimmicks like invisible cars, hovercraft battles, and Halley Berry -- as odd as actually diving with an AP. Nice looking, but overkill.

Craig is more of an action hero like Stallone or Ahnold than a svelte Bond. Plus, he's a little rough around the edges. So he gets the beefy Pam.

Lazenby was the oddest Bond selection, so he gets the oddball Graham. He wasn't a terrible Bond, just like the Graham isn't a terrible watch, but it takes a special kind of person to like both.

Dalton gets the Casio because back in the day, we all thought that Dalton and his Bond movies were pretty cool, just like the Casio Databank. But in retrospect, they both sucked balls.

Ishmael

^^ That's pretty good actually :thumbsup2:

Viquito

That one watch from the 007 goldeneye game on the N64 where you could swap your guns and check your health/ armor :D

I say Explorer 1 36mm :)

machiavegli

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

Moore was almost as good, but not quite. Particularly in his later movies. So he gets the sub's little brother, the Seamaster. Nice watch, but not quite a sub.

Brosnan is my third favorite Bond, but he's a bit pretentious and never quite connected with the masses. Just like the AP. Plus, his movies had weird gimmicks like invisible cars, hovercraft battles, and Halley Berry -- as odd as actually diving with an AP. Nice looking, but overkill.

Craig is more of an action hero like Stallone or Ahnold than a svelte Bond. Plus, he's a little rough around the edges. So he gets the beefy Pam.

Lazenby was the oddest Bond selection, so he gets the oddball Graham. He wasn't a terrible Bond, just like the Graham isn't a terrible watch, but it takes a special kind of person to like both.

Dalton gets the Casio because back in the day, we all thought that Dalton and his Bond movies were pretty cool, just like the Casio Databank. But in retrospect, they both sucked balls.

That's actually quit brilliant. Well done.

But my pick is the:

Jaeger-LeCoultre AMVOX2 Transponder

http://www.forbes.com/sites/arieladams/2014/04/04/unlock-your-aston-martin-car-with-your-luxury-watch-the-jaeger-lecoultre-amvox2-transponder-returns/

-Mach

Mazz

G-shock hybrid wave-ceptor GPS time setting so it’s right on time anywhere in the world at the push of a button

chats

Bond needs a Breitling emergency. that guy gets captured by the enemy and vehicle accidents all the time.

TheTinMan

007 should really wear a 007, why not? It's versatile, nice looking, can be easily replaced, it's iconic. I kid of course, but when I first got into watches, that's what I thought the SKX007 was, Bond's watch.

seiko.jpeg

Kernow

Why not a Bremont for a future Bond. British, well made, unique - all qualities attributed to Bond.

Nikosaldente

I believe that Omega rules! But if I had to choose another watch for 007,then:

Tudor Pelagos for me! Looks great with a suit and is for all occasions!

Either with the Titanium Bracelet or the Rubber Strap! Looks good on Nato too!

Tudor-Pelagos-MT5612-blue-black-9.jpg

TudorPelagosInHouse-13.jpg?ixlib=rails-0.3.0&auto=format&fm=jpg&q=80&w=580

maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.tudorwatc...#/tool-watches/

https://www.youtube....h?v=BTBDxuzr3vQ

Cheers!

bnny

Tudor Pelagos

millionaire wannabe
Bond needs a Breitling emergency. that guy gets captured by the enemy and vehicle accidents all the time.

:lol: funny, but yeah, he does tend to get in a lot of dicey situations!

Personally, if they were to switch Bond's watch from Omega, I think it should be an IWC diver or sporty model. In full titanium for light weight, strength, and stealth with less flash. His missions take him around the globe, so he's International. Seems fitting that he wears an IWC? Of course, it'd have to be upgraded with a fully automatic miniature poison dart shooter, cutting laser, missile deflecting software to scramble incoming guided missiles, a debit card chip so if he loses his wallet? :lol: then he can just swipe his watch on a credit card scanner when ordering a martini, etc. Etc. :)

fellowsis

Love the Tudor pelagos shout out! More befitting for a french secret agent though? ;)

RUSH2112

I have no personal problem with Apple but a secret agent would not want something so easy to track I think.

everythingwithmod-eration

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

HA! Love your arguments for the Bonds. Nice!

everythingwithmod-eration

Connery - Rolex Sub

Moore - Omega Seamaster

Brosnan - AP diver

Craig - Pam 187

That's actually quit brilliant. Well done.

But my pick is the:

Jaeger-LeCoultre AMVOX2 Transponder

http://www.forbes.com/sites/arieladams/2014/04/04/unlock-your-aston-martin-car-with-your-luxury-watch-the-jaeger-lecoultre-amvox2-transponder-returns/

-Mach

Now you just may have a point there...

ellistyle1

I like the Pelagos and SKX007 ideas. Here is something else different for when Idris Elba becomes 007

012.jpg

ByranM

I think I'll pass my vote to the Tudor Pelagos as well, it's a pretty nice looking watch and I think it would fit 007 reasonably well.