Sign in to follow this  
Legger

Removing Blue AR

Legger

Does anyone know if the PAM 111 (bought from PWC) has double sided AR?

I don't particularly like the blue-ish tint and was looking to remove it using Polywatch.

Has anybody done this? Was it successful?

Thanks

greg_r

Which version was it? The $99 one?

Legger
Which version was it? The $99 one?

Yes thats the one.

Silverspeed

Usually AR coating on a PAM is on the inside, so you need to take the movement out and best remove the crystal aswell so you can get it all off

greg_r

Hmm - hopefully Robert will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm reasonably sure those are only single-sided (i.e. coated on the inside). I've had a couple of upmarket ones that have had double AR, but they're in the minority.

prestigewatchco

Actually someone asked me the other day about this and to be honest I have no idea. I have never had reason to remove AR so have never bothered to find out If I were to guess I would say almost certainly on the inside of crystal as I don't seem to get many people complaing about scratched crystals which you seem to get with AR on the ourtside. How you remove it I haven't a clue some say cape cod cloth others say not to use that and use diamond paste .

KBH

I've used buffing compound on a rag and it comes off pretty easily. The kind that comes in stick form to use on buffing wheels.

Available at any Home Depot.

Slim

AR on the outside of a crystal usually smudges and marks very easily, and is a bit of a bugger to wipe clean. If smudges on the outside are barely noticeable or come off with a quick wipe of a cloth, I'd say it wasn't AR-coated on the outside.