Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Vintage Sub Reps

Slim

Partially prompted by the Bernie Madoff / Is It Or Isn't It conversation, I'm interested to know if anyone's bought a vintage Sub replica with an acrylic crystal? Just wondering if the crystals are up to snuff, as someone mentioned that some of the PAM acrylic crystals are a bit cheap & nasty - and also generally curious to know what to expect, for how much.

Cheers.

ebzen02
Partially prompted by the Bernie Madoff / Is It Or Isn't It conversation, I'm interested to know if anyone's bought a vintage Sub replica with an acrylic crystal? Just wondering if the crystals are up to snuff, as someone mentioned that some of the PAM acrylic crystals are a bit cheap & nasty - and also generally curious to know what to expect, for how much.

Cheers.

I hve heard that the new cartel ones are decent, but definitely not gen. Clark be would a good upgrade that should not cost much. Anyhow, as you can see it is hard to tell gen from rep now a days especially if you just put a little thought and imagination with a couple of minor adjustments.

ebzen02

Here is the Clark store front on ebay: Clark

Baldrick

Some of these might help as guides, don't know which have acrylic :D

MBK1665DOUBLEREDSEADWELLER3.jpg

MBK1665DOUBLEREDSEADWELLER11.jpg

MBWSEADWELLERDOUBLEREDSUBMARINER3.jpg

MBW1665GREATWHITE1.jpg

MBW1665GREATWHITE6.jpg

MBW1665GREATWHITESEADWELLER4.jpg

300ROLEXSEADWELLER1.jpg

300ROLEXSEADWELLER1A.jpg

300ROLEXSEADWELLER1B-1.jpg

300ROLEXSEADWELLER4-1.jpg

300ROLEXSEADWELLERFLIPLOCKCLASP-1.jpg

MBW005ROLEX1680.jpg

MBW1680REDSUBMARINER1.jpg

MBW1680REDSUBMARINER2.jpg

MBW1680WHITESUBMARINER1.jpg

MBW1680WHITESUBMARINER2.jpg

MBW1680WHITESUBMARINER3.jpg

MBW1680WHITESUBMARINER4.jpg

Akira

As KBH told me there is not much standard with the vintage submariner models.

If its supposed to be 20-40 years old, even the gen crystal could have easily been changed.

Choose your rep, check if you like the domed crystal if not get a flatter clarks like zen adviced.

Thats what I'm gonna do with the 5513

ebzen02

TTK's MBK's look more authentic than that Madoff one.. Damn you Baldrick!

Slim
I hve heard that the new cartel ones are decent, but definitely not gen. Clark be would a good upgrade that should not cost much. Anyhow, as you can see it is hard to tell gen from rep now a days especially if you just put a little thought and imagination with a couple of minor adjustments.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not that worried about minor inaccuracies, but I wouldn't want a cheapo crystal that might mark or crack too easily. As long as it's reasonably close, I just want a nice watch :D

Happy enough with the two reps that I've got recently, but they have sapphire & mineral glass crystals.

ebzen02

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not that worried about minor inaccuracies, but I wouldn't want a cheapo crystal that might mark or crack too easily. As long as it's reasonably close, I just want a nice watch :D

Happy enough with the two reps that I've got recently, but they have sapphire & mineral glass crystals.

Dont think these are as delicated as the Pam fiddy ones..

Slim
Some of these might help as guides, don't know which have acrylic :D

Very nice ..