Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

POWER RESERVE

Luthier

I want to buy IWC Big Pilot RG with power reserve indicator. I like the size and elegant simplicity of this watch.

The problem is - the model I like (RG Tourneau) has faux PR, and most of SS models too, plus they mostly have word Fiatinum, not Platinum on the caseback. Just one model has working PR and correct spelling, but it's 5002 model, not 5004, that has beautiful date window frame. I'm trying to make the watch I want - movement with working PR from one watch, RG case and dial from another.

My question is - what is Faux PR? What, hand just stay in one position all the time? And... if I'll have 2 watches in hands, how to see, if PR is working? How to test it?

Enlighten the noooob, pliiizzz...

greg_r

The faux PR hand is fixed in place (just around the 6 mark if I remember correctly). I've read elsewhere that there isn't a rep of that particular movement with working PR, but I don't know for sure whether that's correct.

For what it's worth, the faux PR hand is the thing that stopped me buying that particular watch - I was very close to buying one late last year, but that was the dealbreaker...

Luthier
The faux PR hand is fixed in place (just around the 6 mark if I remember correctly). I've read elsewhere that there isn't a rep of that particular movement with working PR, but I don't know for sure whether that's correct.

For what it's worth, the faux PR hand is the thing that stopped me buying that particular watch - I was very close to buying one late last year, but that was the dealbreaker...

http://swissgallory.com/products_detail.asp?Id=972

This one has working PR, for sure.

http://www.sinawatches.com/productInfo.asp?id=891

This one too.

http://www.watcheden.com/iwc-big-pilot-7-d...tch--26427.html

This one questionnable, because they put Faux and Working in description, so, I emailed them, and here's their reply:

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your E-mail , this watch 26427 is with Fully

Functional Working Power Reserve .

We guarantee the highest quality of replication available. We work

side by side with the manufacturers to decipher the most exact method

to replicate each style.

welcome to order and pay directly from our website .

Best Wishes

Sarah

Isn't is Tony's website?

Also, Mike told me, that working PR exist.

So, I'll try my best to get what I want. We'll see, if it will work.

greg_r

Yup - that's Tony's site. Hmm - interesting. I guess I'm going to have to look again, then. Good luck with your search!

alphakazi

the 2nd link didn't work Luthier (sinawatches)

prestigewatchco

All the IWC pilots we sell have workong power reserve indicator. Some say they earlier version with non function PR is the best copy I wouldn't agree at all with this yes the subdial is about 10th of a mm better placed but you have said it all then. The later 5002/4 are far superior in the movement I have customers reporting 5 and 6 days reseve on them which is amazing considering 2 days is considered good .

Luthier
All the IWC pilots we sell have workong power reserve indicator. Some say they earlier version with non function PR is the best copy I wouldn't agree at all with this yes the subdial is about 10th of a mm better placed but you have said it all then. The later 5002/4 are far superior in the movement I have customers reporting 5 and 6 days reseve on them which is amazing considering 2 days is considered good .

See, Greg? We got a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, prestige, PM sent!

Luthier
the 2nd link didn't work Luthier (sinawatches)

http://www.sinawatches.com/

Just tried, works perfectly.

greg_r

Cool - that's back on my list then :notworthy:

tony

oh ,I think you make a mistake ,I am not that Tony!!! ,and I am not from watcheden ,I am from asian7750, that is why you send me a message ,I am confused

greg_r
oh ,I think you make a mistake ,I am not that Tony!!! ,and I am not from watcheden ,I am from asian7750, that is why you send me a message ,I am confused

haha - so is he, I think. :thumbsup:

For those who came late: The Tony posting in this thread = asian7750.com

The other Tony being tonyxkf aka watcheden (who isn't a member here - go to www.watcheden.com to see what he has for sale).

Hope that clears things up for somebody.... :lol:

trailboss99

WOW! two dealers here in same thread at same time. We are coming of age.

Tony: If you have what he wants mate I don't think he will care as long as you take care of him. Luither has many contacts and buys from many places. You may be the latest adition to that list.

Col.

Luthier

Cool - that's back on my list then :beer:

Greg, Robert has it!!!

No RG, but old model and new model of Big Pilot (slight difference in dial numerals) with working PR!!!

He sent me pictures already. First is the old one, second, with red "1" day - new model.

ResizeWizard-37-1.jpg

ResizeWizard-25-1.jpg

Luthier

Bu hao yi si, Wo ba ni he ning wai de ji xiao shang hu xiao le. Dan shi wo ye zhi dao ni de wang zhan, ru guo ni hui gei wo hao de jia ge, Wo yi ding hui zai ni na mai dong xi de. Guangzhou de dong xi hao chi ma? Wo hui hen kui qu na ni de.

Where are you in GZ? I usually stay or in TianHe, or in LiWan Lu area, or in "Hua Yuan Jiu Dian"

greg_r

Cool - that's back on my list then ;)

Greg, Robert has it!!!

No RG, but old model and new model of Big Pilot (slight difference in dial numerals) with working PR!!!

He sent me pictures already. First is the old one, second, with red "1" day - new model.

Looks great! Damn - just what I needed. Another watch on my wants list.... :)

Luthier

Cool - that's back on my list then ;)

Greg, Robert has it!!!

Looks great! Damn - just what I needed. Another watch on my wants list.... :)

You have to see my WISH LIST...

greg_r

hahaha - scary, huh? Mine too :)

Luthier

hahaha - scary, huh? Mine too :)

I'm lucky - I'm not married anymore. Nobody will scream on me. But freedom has it's own minuses... can't buy Cartier with white strap to please somebody... or shut up somebody... hehehe...

Yes, it's huge...

oscarmadfish

yeph on my list aswell