Sign in to follow this  
solkryssare

UPDATE! RWG ARMY - ANOTHER LONDON INVASION: GTG JULY 2, 2016

black263

Seiko perpetual. Beautiful watch and costs about the same as a low-mid range rep. When you set it up, you feed in the time, day, date, month, and phase of the leap year cycle, and from then on it takes into account number of days in the month and accounts automatically for leap years.

https://www.amazon.c...petual+calendar

Kleen™

Cheers, mate...thought this had to be with a quartz mvmt...still fucking brilliant @ the srp asked...

black263

Cheers, mate...thought this had to be with a quartz mvmt...still fucking brilliant @ the srp asked...

It has two entirely different modes, changed by the 4 oclock pusher. One mode is pure chrono. Push the 4 and the big seconds moves to point to 12, and the 6 sub-dial both hands go to 12. Then it works as a normal chrono, with the big second hand for chrono seconds and the 6 sub-dial for minutes and hours. Once the chrono is reset to zero, pushing the 4 oclock pusher puts it back into calendar mode. In this, the 12 sub dial shows day, the half moon at the back end of the big second hand shows the date around the periphery, and the 6 sub dial is alarm, or can be used for a second time zone. In this mode, a single push on the 2 makes the half moon point at the month, another push and the half moon points at the year in the leap-year cycle, and a third push resets back to date. Bloody brilliant.

Pob

It's SPC131P1

24bf0b619babfe7164f15800f0b618c5.jpg

Pob

I read the manual and what black just said but still don't understand a ting what this watch is doing.

Kleen™

...sounds like I could have decades of fun trying to work out what information this watch is actually trying to convey to me at any given time (pun intended) while simultaneously enjoying its inherent good looks. A must have, then. Off to shop, I am...

black263

In the picture, it's in calendar mode. Top dial says Friday, and red half-moon on big seconds is at 8th of the month. (pointy end is meaningless in this mode)

RichardMiami

(pointy end is meaningless in this mode)

Is that what she said to you??? :P

black263

(pointy end is meaningless in this mode)

Is that what she said to you??? :P

More like blunt end in my case. :mad: Bit like playing snooker but using a rope as a cue.

Pob

So basically this watch will set exact date the whole year by itself, right?

But what about the next year? Do I have to adjust that leap-year cycle thing myself?

black263

But what about the next year? Do I have to adjust that leap-year cycle thing myself?

When you set it up, you tell it which year of the 4 year cycle it's in. (The writing in red top left) It then corrects for the leap years automatically. It only gets it wrong when the century turns over, so, in theory, in 2100, it will need to be corrected. In practice, however, it will need setting every time you change the battery.

Pob

When you set it up, you tell it which year of the 4 year cycle it's in. (The writing in red top left) It then corrects for the leap years automatically. It only gets it wrong when the century turns over, so, in theory, in 2100, it will need to be corrected. In practice, however, it will need setting every time you change the battery.

Thanks my friend ;)

Pob

Is this the right setting?

64a82020e09d18d2f3a071f091edd0b4.jpg

black263

Yes. This year is a leap year, so that's correct.

TxRub779

Pobyenko,

You killed the thread man. What the fuck??????????????????? :P

Gazzla

Pobyenko,

You killed the thread man. What the fuck??????????????????? :P

Take it easy sir. Have a cigar . . . :D

TxRub779

Right,,,,London was the hardest cigar finding mega city in the world...I mean DAYUM

Mazz

wasn't a gtg no drunked call at odd hours to TB