Godfathar

Review - Patek Philippe Multi-Scale Chronograph 5975P – Limited Edition 175th Anniversary

Godfathar

Ever since Josh at PC brought it out, ever since I found the thread here were people were making fun of how the factory miss spelled the number 15 and replace it with IS, and this particular watch never came out of my mind. first and foremost, let's look at the Gen Patek Philippe Multi-Scale 5975..

The limited editions in the Patek Philippe 175th anniversary collection is the Multi-Scale Chronograph, References 5975 that was introduced in 2014 for the companies 175th anniversary. The Patek Philippe Multi-Scale Chronograph Ref. 5975 comes with a very specific layout that had not been seen for decades, a three-scale timing.

- Telemeter: coming with kilometer graduations, it is used to calculate the distance from an event. Using the difference between the speed of light and the speed of sound, it allows you to know how far is a visual signal by waiting to hear the acoustic signal. Useful to know how far is storm, it was mainly used during wars to calculate the distance of an explosion.

- Pulsimeter: used by scientists to measure heart rates. The Multi-Scale Chronograph Ref. 5975 has a pulsimeter scale calibrated to 15 heartbeats (gradué pour 15 pulsations) that allows to quickly knowing the heart rate per minutes.

- Tachymeter: This is the most widely used, even nowadays, into chronographs. It is used to calculate a speed over a known distance – for instance here over 1000m (Base 1000).

The 5975 comes with the 4 marvelous color combinations:

Patek_Philippe_Multi_Scale_Chronograph_Ref_5975.jpg

From left:

- 5975G in white gold, limited to 400 pieces and priced at 55,000 Swiss francs

- 5975P in platinum, limited to 100 pieces and priced at 78,000 Swiss francs

- 5975J in yellow gold, limited to 400 pieces and priced at 53,000 Swiss francs

- 5975R in rose gold, limited to 400 pieces and priced at 55,000 Swiss francs

Of course it goes without saying that all the limited editions have been sold out, you won't be able to buy them from an authorized dealer brand new. so those prices have changed and the watch has increased in value.

To tell you the truth, I always was intriegued by a patek philippe with a black dial, that was the first thing that drew me to the rep. of course being OCD, I have been always discouraging myself because of the huge inaccuracy on the watch where the gen says "GRADUE POUR 15 PULSATIONS"

PP_5975_P_001_AMB_39730_RVB_300.jpg

Where unfortunately the rep that was produced had the sentence wrong and our brothers in china for some reason saw the number 15 as the verb IS and it came out to be "GRADUE POUR IS PULSATIONS" which with my limited french doesn't make any sense hahahaha.

20151216_131555_01_resized.jpg

Now let's come to the rep (apologies for not having the watch clean, it literally came out PC's box, took pics, and re wrapped to go to Kenny, so try to get over the cleanliness of the watch in the pics).

For starters, the rep is well built, a bit of a noisy movement, but it doesn't bother me really, what really made me happy, is that I don't know if it was the black dial, or what? but in reality, the verb IS that is inaccurate you can barely see it in real life. I mean with macro shots sure you can, but I placed the watch on my wrist, and it looked magnificent.. for a sec, I had to double check and bring it close to see if I was wrong and wither or not they corrected it. this made me happy actually. cos that would have bothered me allot staring at it every time I look at my watch, which would be always..

also I took the opportunity to measure the watch for the ones interested.. and here is what I have found out..

20151216_132000_01_resized.jpg

The watch is a true 40mm without adding the crown.

20151216_131923_01_resized.jpg

I measured it to be more like 10.1mm, including the crystal. so I am assuming it would be about 9.5 for only the case.. biggggggggg plus for Patek Philippe lovers. we love the watch cos it is thin and elegant.

20151216_131740_007_01_resized.jpg

I also thought why not go all the way and measure the strap since this strap will be thrown away immediately, and replaced by a high end strap by Camille Fournet. So at lug it's 20mm, and buckle it's 18mm.

20151216_131822_01_resized.jpg

since I am going to order a new strap, I thought also to share more details on the strap for the one that might want to get one.. so I decided to also include the full measurements below..

20151217_134854_resized.jpg

120mm on the long end..

20151217_134508_resized.jpg

honestly, I think this measurement is a bit short. I think they went with 75mm as the standard length would be.

20151217_134946_resized.jpg

In my case, I think the long end is a bit short, and barely closes right.. and perhaps the short end should be a bit shortened also to fit the deployment buckle in the right place which is a bit higher than the middle.

below are few pics of the watch, before it got re wrapped and sent out to Kenny.. Kenny will look into the fact that he can correct the S, but honestly, after seeing it, I think if he couldn't fix it, I wouldn't sweat it. but he also is going to correct the color of the second hand to white just like the jen.

20151216_125154_01_resized_1.jpg

20151216_131603_01_resized.jpg

20151216_131637_01_resized.jpg

20151216_131629_01_resized.jpg

20151216_131649_01_resized.jpg

20151216_131715_01_resized.jpg

20151216_132100_01_resized.jpg

20151216_132049_01_resized.jpg

20151216_132040_01_resized.jpg

Holler at DC for his help with strap fitment. :notworthy:

Robin195959

Looks a great copy but for the IS.

Godfathar

^^ although it is barely noticeable in real life, let's see if Kenny can do his magic and fix this issue.. ;)

Phantomtech

I can definitely see which member inspired the format of your review lol

I love this watch! How is the crystal in real life? Cloudy or clear?

Godfathar

^^^hahahaha yup!! you got that right Dave is a total inspiration in reviews..

unfortunately, it's a bit cloudy to my taste, for sure to your taste as well, as I know how addicted you are to double AR.

_DC_

Superb review Ahdi!

Glad to have inspired a fellow Patek lover, though I can't claim to be the first to have done a review in this format, it's nice to get a mention :)

I'm now convinced that I will be adding one of these to my collection in the new year, a great watch in a great size, and once you get this on a gloss black Camille Fournet strap it will be simply stunning!!!

Thanks mate!

DC

Tichymeloun

Nice review! What TD did you get it from? I am quite heavilly stacked with IWCs. although I desperately want Patek, I never got one as I felt they are rather inacurate.This piece, if Kenny could do the correction, would be a lovely part of my collection.

Godfathar

^^ Josh at PC has'em.. there is a lot of pressure on Kenny hahahaha, from me at least, and the anticipation here from many Patek Philippe addicts as well.. but after I saw it with my own eyes, and on the wrist, I swear, it is soooooooooo hard to spot it, you have to look for it closely. something I was relieved to see, so if Kenny throws in the towel, I will still wear it after he corrects the second hand color to white.

tbh, I worry about the sound of the movement when the rooter starts spinning than that inaccuracy, and I am OCD when it comes to my watches. I want them 99.999% to gen, and try to correct them as much as possible.

Tichymeloun

Dou you mean at Perfect Clones? I am not able to find it there:-(

i fully understand your perffecteness:-) I do the same with my IWCs, I am glad I succeded to get the gen dials for those which were not perfect, or some other gen parts to push them as close to gens as possible...which gets nearly impossible nowdays and is absolutely impossible with PATEKs I believe...therefore I haven't got any yet and I'm still waiting for the perfect clone - and yours seem quite close:-)

Edited by Tichymeloun

oriontuition

very keen to see how Kenny's work will turn out, please update this thread!

Godfathar

Will do.. it's with him now. Most likely will have a verdict after new year to see if he can alter it or not. In the mean time, the crystal is on its way to profsteve to have it double ARed. So it's gonna be a bit of a while to have the latest outcome.

Jan1

looks sick :D

Edited by Jan1

_DC_
Will do.. it's with him now. Most likely will have a verdict after new year to see if he can alter it or not. In the mean time, the crystal is on its way to profsteve to have it double ARed. So it's gonna be a bit of a while to have the latest outcome.

Double AR, on a Patek, sacrilege!!!

DC

Godfathar

^^ I found the crystal very cloudy. Too much for my liking. So I decided to do it this way. I think the outcome will be pleasant. Only time will tell. Happy new year DC :)

Daywatch

Interesting review of an interesting watch. Thanks:)

Godfathar

You're most welcome :)

jmshen

This is beautiful and an awesome write up. I love pulsometers and actual use the function at work. It's a great talking point. Mine is for 30 beats and a 15 one would be awesome. It's very tempting! I don't know about how well it would hold up to the higher wear/tear at work. Also it would make me sad that I would never see it at home since it's so gorgeous.

I'll have to sleep on it.

I could buy two!

...Oh god this is bad.

Edited by jmshen

Godfathar

^^ I'm glad you liked the write up. But I also need to mention that the chronograph pushers are faux. As in they don't do anything. Incase you wanted a watch that have them work, this is not for you.

jmshen

Dammit. I got too lost in all the pictures and your caliper-ing to notice that.

Godfathar

Now this is what I call freakin talent. KENNY! I wouldn't trust anyone else with my watches.

Look at the pic of the dial before the correction POUR IS Vs POUR 15

20151216_131555_01_resized.jpg

And this is the picture of the dial after the correction. KENNY'S hands are magical.

IMG_20160109_175118_zpsbkpq3e6b.jpg

I can't wait to have this baby back. Now let's wait for the 2XAR to finish.

jmshen

What are these, pictures for ANTS?!

Godfathar

I apologise for not getting what you meant. Is there a problem with the pictures? I see them clear on my end.

jmshen

Oh, hmmm... When I click on them I get a super tiny pic. Maybe it's on my end?

Godfathar

I saved them for a 19 inch monitor. So they should open fine. I see them big from my end.