Godfathar

Review - Patek Philippe Multi-Scale Chronograph 5975P – Limited Edition 175th Anniversary

Phantomtech

Well gentlemen, I think the patience and the wait are finally coming to an end, I have received today the Crystal from Profsteve, and will be posted today to Kenny. I assume end of next week or max the week after I will have this baby on my wrist ;)

Included I got the Profsteve cyclops for my LBJ, but that's a whole other thread that will be updated when it's installed :D

I applaud you for getting the AR'd crystal, I know plenty members here are horrified about an AR job on a Patek 'cause it isn't genlike', well guess what - the rep crystal is much less gen like. Nothing worse than a stunning black dial'd Patek with a shitty rep crystal.

This crystal will take your watch to a whole 'nother level and make it as genlike as possible.

Can't wait to see the results!

Edited by Phantomtech

Godfathar

^^ Those "plenty members here are horrified" are called _DC_ hahahaha.. no but for real, I saw the crystal when I got the watch, on the black dial it didn't give that richness I was looking for in a 175th anniversary Patek Philippe.. so I decided to go for it.. it took me more than 3 months to finalize the watch, but I know that with this crystal, the fixes that Kenny had done, and the CF gen leather strap, this watch will be the super rep I was dreaming of..

Stay tuned.. :D

Phantomtech

^^ Those "plenty members here are horrified" are called _DC_ hahahaha.. no but for real, I saw the crystal when I got the watch, on the black dial it didn't give that richness I was looking for in a 175th anniversary Patek Philippe.. so I decided to go for it.. it took me more than 3 months to finalize the watch, but I know that with this crystal, the fixes that Kenny had done, and the CF gen leather strap, this watch will be the super rep I was dreaming of..

Stay tuned.. :D

Lol, but there are others besides DC as well...

Of course the crystal didn't give the richness you dreamed of, because its a cloudy piece of garbage. You can only get away with the stock crystal on the white dialed Pateks , any darker dials like grey or black REQUIRES an AR job or else it makes the whole watch look bad.

That is one of the reasons why on the two 5070's I just purchased I only went with white dials...

_DC_

Haha, sacrilege!!!!!

All joking aside, my beef with AR is the blueish reflections one gets as a result, most unpleasant. I'm given to understand that the gentleman in question does a very good AR job and perhaps this blue tinge isn't an issue?!

DC

Phantomtech

Haha, sacrilege!!!!!

All joking aside, my beef with AR is the blueish reflections one gets as a result, most unpleasant. I'm given to understand that the gentleman in question does a very good AR job and perhaps this blue tinge isn't an issue?!

DC

Correct. ProfSteve in the USA does all my crystals, no trace of any blue hue, they are truly colorless. Here is my latest crystal done by him (sorry for the slightly off-topic):

MZi2vE.jpg

8sXAXo.jpg

6Y02ud.jpg

Godfathar

Btw, the 5975P comes with a special 175th anniversary deployant buckle. What are the chances this would be replicated? Very long shot I know :(

_DC_
Btw, the 5975P comes with a special 175th anniversary deployant buckle. What are the chances this would be replicated? Very long shot I know :(

Slim to none :(

DC

Godfathar

yeah I know.. :thumbdown::Hmmmph:

oriontuition

special 175th anniversary deployant buckle shdn't cost crazy to make? If we could find the factory, we may perhaps meet the MOQ!

Edited by oriontuition

Godfathar

Well well well.. As I was typing this, I realized that I started this thread in early December when I received this watch.. Yes since then I have unveiled plenty of watches, but this watch was always the one I wanted the most, maybe because it tested my patience! I have never waited for a watch this long.. 5 months almost.. wow.. I think the one thing I waited for longer was a car to be built lol..

but without taking more of your time already, I am sure you have read enough from the start of this thread..

Without further ado.. I received a nice little package that was 5 months behind hahaha.. the dial is fixed 15 is 15 now lol.. Chrono hand is white, crystal is truly crystal clear.. and a strap to die for, the garbage rep strap is out, and a shiny CF strap is in...... I just want to say big thanks to the magician Kenny for his art work. I wouldn't have bought this without your help. :D

20160429_082911_01.jpg

20160429_083706_01.jpg

20160429_084614_01.jpg

20160429_084758_01.jpg

20160429_084813_01.jpg

20160429_084842_01.jpg

20160429_084858_01.jpg

20160429_084916_01.jpg

20160429_084940_01.jpg

This is be on my wrist for a while.. let's end this post with nice wrist shots..

20160429_085052_01.jpg

20160429_085156_01.jpg

GT86

Beauty! I'd gladly wait 6 months for a result like that! Great effort. Enjoy her :thumbsup2:

Godfathar

^^ Many thanks, believe me, waiting five months was truly hard.. but I had other pieces that arrived that entertained me till this baby finished :D

Foxindebox

That's beautiful mate, congratulations on a stunning piece :clap:

Godfathar

^^ Many many thanks. This watch looks so much more superior after installing the double AR crystal and the CF strap. It transformed the watch to a whole new level

Flipper81

Stunning piece enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomtech

Wow Wow Wow! What a result. Prof AR crystal for the win....

Between this watch and the DC World Time modded dial you guys are truly taking this to the next level. I am actually excited to see the next project!

Anyways, enjoy this beauty, the crystal gives this watch such a premium look!

Godfathar

^^ I can not stress on how the prof crystal took this baby to another level. Even Kenny told me that he has seen many watches come and go including many watches of mine, but this watch he thinks it's one of the nicest watches he finalised.

My next project is not very complicated, but I'll start a thread for it soon. A white dial BP 5711 V.1 with swapping the white dial and black hands of an MKF. MKF having more superior dial and hands.

Jasonbaylee

Cant wait to see this of yrs, GF...

More than 1 road to Rome...

rolliepollie

Thanks Godfathar for your awesome review, i am truly inspired to do the same.

This watch is simply stunning and i can't stop thinking about it...

Edited by rolliepollie

Godfathar

^^ good luck with your project. This watch is simply became my favourite watch today.

jm_brc_7057

Hi @Godfathar Great reviews in here as on RWI too (i've seeked refuge here since RWI is down). 

Incredible result, admirable what you've done to the watch. It's fun to see what can be done. This kind of watch deserves it. I've just ordered one from Joshua in SS/black dial, waiting for the QC. I don't know.. maybe i'll try to do the same mods as you, if possible. I've already gotten the shiny grey strap for my Calatrava inspired by you.

If i understood it correctly....you sent the watch to Kenny, he fixed the dial 15/hand in white. And sent you the crystal. You sent it to the US to the professor... he sent the crystal back to you after AR coating... you sent it to Kenny and then he assembled the watch and sent you back...... omg i get how it could take 5-6 months mate :S

Is Kenny based in EU?

I know how much you love this watch. Have you thought about taking it up another level?. Because the chrono hand pushers don't work off course, as it is a miyota automatic movement... If there was installed fx a seagull ST19 movement in it - which is manual - but anyhow. The pushers will then make the seconds hand work like a chronograph. The ST19 has a subdial for seconds and a subdial for chronograph minutes. But if the hands are not installed on the subdials, it can just lie below the main dial. The case size is big enough to fit a ST19. A requirement for such an operation would off course be, that the hands has to be able to be fitted onto a ST19 or another chronograph movement (even Quartz maybe?).

But that would result in sitting back with a watch which aesthetically is 95% close to the gen and has the same functionality. That would be ideal. Only error left would be the case is SS, while the gen is platinum.

Edited by jm_brc_7057
added a question.

Godfathar

Hello buddy @jm_brc_7057 .. sorry for the late response.. Kenny is in EU.. however, he retired from modding unfortunately.  A blow to all of us.. 

To be completely honest, not having the full functionality of the watch never bothered me. I never use the functions of the watch. What usually bothers me the most is the aesthetics of the watch. So for that, I have been contemplating an upgrade.  I am thinking of getting the rep plated in Platinum, and installing the small diamond under the 6 o'clock mark on the case as per gen. 

Now the only part of the rep that I don't know how to fix, and would kill to find someone that could help me, is with the 175th anniversary buckle. I couldn't find anyone that can help me replicate it  :(