MoSin

Pam 587Q or Pam 372 ?

MoSin

Hello mates .

i was Wondering . and Thinking .

What Do you think should i be getting ...

I'll buy a Panerai for myself .

I have a 7.5" Wrist , and I have the PAM 111 .

I need a New Bigger Pam , so i went searching for the 1950 models (Fiddy) .

So . What do you think looks better , as for an opinion not much , Both have almost the same spec's , same P3000 Movement .

the difference is the strap , and the Crown .

the 587Q has a Screw in Crown and it's made By V6F . and The 372 Has a Crown Guard Style and Made by Noob .

What do you think ?

and what's better to get ?

Any Idea's , People who have them on their Wrists , tried them both .

Please .

Genius

The 587 is the most different from the 111 so that's what I'd be getting but as with any PAM rep (or gen) purchase check Ale's guide first then make your decision

Khronos

I have a 7.1 inch wrist and the 372 fits perfectly. It's my favorite Panerai ever,sooo beautiful! And the cherry on top is the fact you can get it dirt cheap from Toro-158$!!! PAMs just have to have the CG,it's their DNA. And oh,neither of both is a "Fiddy",that would be the 127. My 2 pesos..

Khronos

Just bare in mind that neither of these versions comes with the P3000 clone, they're both asian 6497, decorated to look something like the P3000. The V6 version rather poorly with the blue screws...The Noob is better, but still upside down and generally wrong. But it's one of the best reps from the front side :) Here's my purdy girl:

IMG_1724_zpsqzpkhxwq.jpg

MoSin

I"ve Read That it's Just a Decorated Asian Movement to make it look like the P3000 .

But I was After the Shape In-general .

Both are nice ,

But was a Bit Confused because i hava a PAM 111 , But after Looking around , the pam and The 372 Are Totally Different .

So I Might Get the 372 ....from Toro .

This Time I ain't paying that Much on a Rep , so my Limit is 170 quid .

The 587 is for 130 , and the 372 is for 160 .

Not a Big Difference . But Unsure about the Model, & Style .

KarmaToBurn

I was debating the same thing a couple months ago and went with the 587 from Toro. The price was great and I liked the lack of CG.

587-2.jpg

MoSin

I was debating the same thing a couple months ago and went with the 587 from Toro. The price was great and I liked the lack of CG.

587-2.jpg

I just Ordered The 587Q From Toro .

It does have a Special Thing About it , Dunno , After i saw it on your wrist , and You and Another Review about the Lach of The CG , It's Nice .

As In the Other Review , Now One will suspect a New Watch , From the 111 to the 372 .

But this one is just different ,

It's a panerai , The 111 has the CG , and That one is the Rolex/Panerai DNA , so I got that One .

Thanks for the Info Mates .

N.Rico

587 its a nice piece and from toro a good price and quality but nothing compared with the 372 ,

I have both and the 372 its always the winner ,

and beleive me there is a big diference betwen the 111 and the 372 ,

good choice in get the 587 but in the future if you buy a 372 beleive me that you will love it more , ^_^

MoSin

587 its a nice piece and from toro a good price and quality but nothing compared with the 372 ,

I have both and the 372 its always the winner ,

and beleive me there is a big diference betwen the 111 and the 372 ,

good choice in get the 587 but in the future if you buy a 372 beleive me that you will love it more , ^_^

As I always Say , It's Never the last Watch To buy .

Will Buy another watch , still dunno when .

for Now i'll stick to the 587 . But Believe me The 372 is on my mind .

And For the Quality , They're Both almost the same , and the P3000 in them, is just a decorated Asian Movement , Not even a P3000 Rep .

So For now i'll enjoy the 587 , but will keep you Updated here on Forum when i'll get my 327 .

Cheers.

Khronos

111 and 372 are COMPLETELY different watches. Different cases and sizes. 111 looks kinda poor standing next to 372...And KW decorations of 6497 are awful, they have blue screws!! I had the KW 372 and it was no match to the Noob version. To each his own, enjoy your new aquisition.

shewie

@Mosin Please bear in mind that the 587 is extremely inaccurate and and it's an easy tell, only hands are accurate, rest is just an attempt with the worst dial engraving (comic sans MARINA MILIATRE) from KW since I remember.

But anyway, it's a good price for the watch.

NFleischer

IMG_0206_zpsnl1qo8tv.jpg

The 587 from Toro for $128 is a good deal. Not a super rep for accuracy, but with a nice band looks like an expensive watch.

It would not be the only Pam/Rad I would buy, the 111 is still about the best PAM starting point.

Viper420

Really like the 587, just wish the movement was not inverted.

Leicafan99

+1 for a 372

tribefan

Just picked up a 587 on M2M and was doing some research on the YT vid below. This is the close as I could find to a review thread so I thought I would necro this one. Gives some nice historical perspective.

Cool watch, didn't realize it was so rare IRL. I swapped bands on it for an aged leather one I had, but glad I have the rep band since it's a one off for this model. Rep band has nice metal sleeves at the lugs. And it's pretty minty so I'm glad I swapped it.

Never noticed the protruding crystal until this vid pointed it out. Maybe because it's relatively flat with just the slightest of dome. I think the dial and hands are pretty spot on. It has an old, but not relic'd, vibe to it. Crown is just a tiny bit off but you would really need to see them side by side to tell.

Bought this mainly for the lugs and screw. What a vast upgrade to those radiomir bars.

XIZgv.jpg Xqg18.jpg XqJNL.jpg XqcHR.jpg XIDMK.jpg

Noticed the movement placement right away when he flipped it over, but there is also maintenance advantages to the 6497. Personally, I'll take the practical over cosmetic advantage. Case markings seem spot on to me.

XI51b.jpg XIANX.jpg XIeKi.jpg XI2tc.jpg XIUMp.jpg

Overall, after a week, this is one of the bigger watches I have, not the biggest, but it wears the biggest for sure. Feels more like a bracelet than a watch. Dial and lume are great, nice, big and clear. It really lights up after a few minutes in the sun.

I have no idea if you can still get these, but for the prices being spouted above, this was a great deal in the day, imo. Great deal on m2m as well.

XII5E.jpg

• Like 2

Simonix

It’s a beaut! Love both straps to be honest. 

would love to get a leather stamp with the Panerai logo, so I could “modify” some of my straps!

I don’t think these are made any more, I had been looking recently myself. 

BravoDelta

Yours definitely looks like the real deal...interesting vid thanks. :thumbsup2:

BadApple

Before I was foolish enough (as always) to sell mine I had a couple of 26-22 Neros that looked so much better than the 26-26 and the resultant big buckle. 

Personal choice but the watch is a tad more delicate than a Fiddy and the 26-26 should only be used on them IMHO 

• Like 1

tribefan
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

Before I was foolish enough (as always) to sell mine I had a couple of 26-22 Neros that looked so much better than the 26-26 and the resultant big buckle. 

Personal choice but the watch is a tad more delicate than a Fiddy and the 26-26 should only be used on them IMHO 

Delicate in the sense that a bear is more graceful than an elephant maybe.

The tapered strap does wear lighter, but the watch is still a monster for a 7" wrist, and I always take the CG's off. What's really nice though is the 3 minute job to find out!

XOQOp.jpg

XOpJF.jpg

• Like 1