Sign in to follow this  
Gbkirsch

Replacement rubber strap for yacht master rose gold?

Gbkirsch

My son bought a Rolex yacht master on rubber from Toro. It does not have much adjustment on the clasp and unbeknownst to my son, the real version sells with different size straps to fit any wrist. So it's way to big and cannot be worn as is. Toro did respond quickly and indicated new short rubber straps may be avail in the future but I'm wondering if anyone here is aware of any aftermarket or replacement straps??

Thank you and hope everyone has a great holiday season!

Gary

Genius

My son bought a Rolex yacht master on rubber from Toro. It does not have much adjustment on the clasp and unbeknownst to my son, the real version sells with different size straps to fit any wrist. So it's way to big and cannot be worn as is. Toro did respond quickly and indicated new short rubber straps may be avail in the future but I'm wondering if anyone here is aware of any aftermarket or replacement straps??

Thank you and hope everyone has a great holiday season!

Gary

There's already a couple of threads about this massive oversight from the rep makers IMO

Get this and swap the steel clasp for the rose gold one

http://www.ebay.com/...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

trailboss99

Why, are they adjustable? At least one half definitely doesn't look it.

I'm still going for a custom lizard, there is enough adjustment for summer/winter in the clasp as long as the strap is exactly the right length.

Genius

Why, are they adjustable? At least one half definitely doesn't look it.

Its a rep rubber B, if you look closely there's a selection of different holes down the long end you can use for the spring bar, find the right one then cut the strap down to size.

To be honest a custom lizard strap would look a lot classier but the rubber B is a cheap option that will look close to the OEM strap

mecko

u can use a rubber b band or a similar with the tipical nipples for the clasp. or u get a new clasp, like the daytone rosé clasp, then u can use a leatherband. u can change the sizes better with the daytona clasp.

u can find the rubber band on ebay, there is deployant clasp on

akousticplyr

I ordered two of these Rubber B ebay clones from the same seller and they worked out great. Easy to adjust by cutting down the rubber "bricks" - each with a spring bar hole. Basically the same as the fitting process for a Sinn rubber strap. Although I'd wait til after the Christmas feast/fattening ritual before cutting too much down.

Forgot to mention, this seller periodically has fantastic "buy it now" and name your price bids for straps. Keep an eye out. Picked up a suede Pam strap for basically half the price.

Edited by akousticplyr