Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Why isn't there a decent rep of the 5070 yet??

Phantomtech

Happy Holidays guys!

So I was visiting my uncle recently and he let me play around with is 5070J, let me tell you that watch is an absolute beauty! The photos online do not do it any justice! It is the perfect chrono IMO (not counting the 5370 which is ridiculous but too complicated to rep with the split-seconds...)

I immediately started searching our forums but couldn't find any info on it, I was wondering why the factories haven't repped it yet seeing as they have easily repped other watches with similar dials?? Take a look at the gen I was handling:

FARKQm.jpg

5y1pP8.jpg

SKGPKI.jpg

U0tMCv.jpg

OaIWaY.jpg

2lt8ds.jpg

9GbeTx.jpg

All I could find on Puretime was a rep of the 5170 but it was an incorrect rep since the subdials needed to be lower than the hands center but the rep had the subdials dead center which is more like the 5070! So why can't they use that movement and make a decent 5070?? Here is the gen and rep 5170 so you see the difference:

m5P76R.jpg

ZIsHi8.jpg

gPVWOr.jpg

They repped a VC with the same dial placement here:

kdV4Un.jpg

dF6jX8.jpg

So come on factories! Forget the AP's and IWC super reps and just please make me a super rep 5070 for Christmas!

Thank you for listening.

_DC_

It was repped many many moons ago but long since discontinued, I'll try and find pics!!

DC

UmpaHimself

That gen is amazing though.

_DC_

Boom...

BD0D0E9E-BC50-4017-A4EB-FD46DAAF1EB9_zpsd1e3cp4m.jpg

But as I said, not available anymore, I do check regularly :P

DC

Phantomtech

Boom...

DC

Oh wow I did not know that, never saw that piece! What a shame though, the subdials are way too small...

Some Pateks seem like such simple reps compared to the complicated AP's but no factory wants to be bothered with them...

Thanks for the pic!

Edited by Phantomtech

GenTLe

Boom...

DC

Oh wow I did not know that, never saw that piece! What a shame though, the subdials are way too small...

Some Pateks seem like such simple reps compared to the complicated AP's but no factory wants to be bothered with them...

Thanks for the pic!

It is an easy answer: there are no movements suitable for a realistic one.

Khronos

Market decides on which reps they make and don't. And such movements are nearly impossible to rep properly and no other existing movement can replace them. It takes a LOT of money to rep a complicated movement and the investment has to make some profit and I highly doubt there's big enough demand for Pateks for factories to make any. I for sure would never buy a rep Patek, because it's a very very improbable watch for me to pull off without drawing unwanted attention. It's all about the context, your lifestyle should match the price range of the watch to some extent. Nothing more ridiculous than a fella with a Patek on his wrist getting out of his Golf in front of Lidl.

_DC_
Market decides on which reps they make and don't. And such movements are nearly impossible to rep properly and no other existing movement can replace them. It takes a LOT of money to rep a complicated movement and the investment has to make some profit and I highly doubt there's big enough demand for Pateks for factories to make any. I for sure would never buy a rep Patek, because it's a very very improbable watch for me to pull off without drawing unwanted attention. It's all about the context, your lifestyle should match the price range of the watch to some extent. Nothing more ridiculous than a fella with a Patek on his wrist getting out of his Golf in front of Lidl.

Sorry but I call bullshit on that. It's nonsense that you should buy a rep of a brand that you could realistically "pull off" by which you mean realistically appear to afford. The very notion of this is absurd since if you could afford it you wouldn't need to buy a rep in the first place. In addition to this, if you are a rep owner you're probably not running in circles with people who would have heard of Patek (other than fellow rep owners) so you will never get called out. As I'm sure you'll know I have a large collection of Patek reps, and I drive a Vauxhall Insignia... has anyone ever called me out for it? No! None of my friends/family/colleagues/clients have heard of Patek Philippe, so you're actually far safer with a Patek rep than you are with a "more believably affordable" Rolex for example!!!

DC

Daywatch

Actually the subdial height (not the distnce to center) of the 5070j gen is the same as on puretimes "pulsometer watch", on the wrist it would fool me.

The pf one with the small subdials looks strange though.