flyfishng2

Im scared to post a homage by Invicta

flyfishng2

Im sure I gonna take heat for posting an invicta.

Im not really an invicta fan myself... Only have one invicta a big gold grand diver with black mop face bought just because its huge and flashy!! Mostly a box filler!!

However.......

I passed by this invicta speedway sitting in a store and I just had to grab it...

Its a Japanese quartz chrono, not really light (or as heavy as it should be)

But actually quite eerily close to a certain rolex model.................................

20151225_060514_zpsnqhtvzjw.jpg?1451043652957&1451043653561

Gazzla

GLWS! :D

WatchDog21

Invicata catches a lot of flack because of their marketing practices, sorta built them a bad reputation because of it. Anyway what really matters is that you like it and are happy. Had 2 Invicta's myself but sold my Grand Diver and actually kinda regret that.

Mike on a bike

That is the 40mm they also being Invicta make a 45 default_hammer.gif which I hate but these smaller ones pretty nice although I do not like that color .

Better

invicta-speedway-chronograph-watch-7026.jpg

flyfishng2

For some crazy reason the Daytona cosmograph with ice blue dial and brown anodized bezel just really appeals to me.

To each his own!!

That being said I dont want to spend a good portion of my retirement account for a 70,000.00 baby blue Daytona.....

And I just cant bring myself to use my frivolous rep spending money for the rep version of the Daytona as I always set my sights on different reps from this style...

So when I came across this invicta "homage" and of course it was steeply discounted from the usual invicta overpricing scheme of something crazy like 1,500.00 down to like 80.00 u.s. I just had to have it!!

griffon22

No Problem posting Invicta pics ,I did so a short while ago ,and some even liked the pic ,but, 2 questions you want to ask yourself , first ,does it have a "meteorite" face, and second, is Chrisby online today. if the answer to both is "NO" then you should be fine .

Daywatch

Why did they have to have a large, ticking main seconds hand on the quartz version of this? Terrible..... and I even used lots of quartz.

ohdoctorzz

I have a couple invicta quartz watches. They look decent and being quartz keep time well. If it looks good and works who cares what name is written on it.

MetalMickey

If it looks good and works who cares what name is written on it.

People on watch forums, that's who!

splke

I have an automatic that's really nice (another watch I don't wear)

Sifu Whitey

I have close to 10 Invicta watches and all but 1 were gifts. These however are the only ones I wear.

1148__29951.1436500053.1280.1280.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Invicta%20Submariner%20Homage%20front.jpg

Edited by Sifu Whitey

porschespeedster

if people are gifiting you invicta watches you might need to move to a different area of the country

Genius

if people are gifiting you invicta watches you might need to move to a different area of the country

:lmao2: brilliant

Sifu Whitey

I think I'm missing the reference/inference?

narikaa

:lmao2: brilliant

Or stop associating with hillbillys

Anyhoo

where's the meteorite?

Sifu Whitey

That's why I'm here, so I can rub elbows with some hoity toity nouveau riche-sters, who don't have a piece of straw stick'n out 'der purdy mouths. :giggle:

MadButcher
Anyhoo where's the meteorite? .

I am sure the first picture is THE famous Invicta meteorite dial, am I wrong or what?

UmpaHimself

TBH I think it's good looking Daytona clone, especially if it's 40mm. A good watch to wear in bad neighborhoods :thumbsup2:

Sifu Whitey

The gray Sub Aqua has a blue MOP dial and is 45mm w/o crown & guard.

The I Force chrono has a standard dial and I believe is also sitting at around 45mm w/o crown.

The diver with the black bezel has a black carbon fiber dial and is oversized at somewhere between 42mm & 44mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldrick

Im scared to post an homage by Invicta

Well fuk'n don't then...spare us all from the misery and pain of seared eyeballs...!

P.S. They are not 'homages'......they're just a blatant design rip-off....at least the Chinese are honest about what they do....!!!

I have close to 10 Invicta watches and all but 1 were gifts. These however are the only ones I wear.

You have my deepest sympathies.....at least you have an even number at 10x.....which means you can split them and use them as counterweights at opposite ends to balance your double-wide :B):

Sifu Whitey

Double wide, not very original, but since I'm not sure what your normal capacity is for jocularity, you get slack because that may have been a "good one" for you. BTW you should utilize your spell check. Oh, and you misused the ellipsis points; there should be just 3 and they're not used in the manner you had. In closing, feel free to go jump. That is all.

Baldrick

You'll be the new rope-a-dope on the forum, then.....welcome :B):

Sifu Whitey

That's okay, it's not my first rodeo with a keyboard warrior. My point is there are plenty of ways to opine, even with sarcasm, without having to be blatantly offensive. I mean really, I didn't even start this stupid thread.

Baldrick
I mean really, I didn't even start this stupid thread.

No...but you poked your head round' the door...didn't you...always expect the unexpected.....

imagesqtbnANd9GcTRtbNMQxjC54m-e7BqYDmwFAwfnsJifVdMFrSPJiRSquq9maiy.jpg

My point is there are plenty of ways to opine, even with sarcasm, without having to be blatantly offensive.

Indeed..and when we wish you to 'opine'..we'll furnish you with an opinion...till then...don't opine...just whine...till you come to the conclusion that the whole raison d'être of this forum is to be offensive / insulting....if it's just 'watch discussion' you're after..try Repgeeks or the Castleford Ladies Knitting Circle...you'll feel right at home..... :D

Sifu Whitey

I actually thought this forum was to help educate members with a diverse knowledge base, so people don't get scammed buying watches, while also sharing a passion for horology and beautiful time pieces? Hmmm. Well, either someone got weened off their mum's teat too early, or was a baby box deposit or safe haven baby. No matter, your use of "we" seems presumptuous seeing as you're not listed as a mod or admin, regardless of the number of posts you have. Hierarchical position with this forum notwithstanding, I digress, because I am not here to socialize. So toodles. This has been fun but it's much like beating a dead horse.

dead-horse-HOME.gif

Edited by Sifu Whitey