Sign in to follow this  
mrmn

Is there a real moonphase function on Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moonphase!

mrmn

Yep the Longines master has 7751 movement same as gen and it has the moonphase function for sure

porschespeedster

Judging by the 31 day date dial, I'd say it's as Reg said, a 31 day rotation dial. Here's a picture of my Breguet. You'll be able to see the moonphase at 6:00 is 29.5 days which is the moon's full cycle. As this is a manual wind watch, I set the moonphase to the moon's cycle calendar and it's spot on.

Breguet_zpsckuwu024.jpg

wow, this might be the world's classiest rep!

at least up there with the old solid back Patek Nautilus.

Kcore

Not wanting to labour the point but have you CHECKED it?

Whats printed on a rep may not be in any way a 'sure thing'

;)

Of course Reg, no question about it. It's a true, working moonphase complication. I'm kind of an amateur (sp.) star gazer. Just love astronomy since I got my first telescope. Anway, as I said above, after I fully wind and set the date & time, I set the moon phase according to the star date website

https://stardate.org/nightsky/moon

My Breguet has kept an accurate accounting of the moon's full 29.5 day (synodic month)orbit.

Now I just need to know who has the best Breguet moon phase.

That's a very good question, similar to who has the best sub :giggle: But seriously, it is a good question none the less. If my memory serves correctlty, to date there have been 4 versions of this Breguet chrono with moonphase and date complications. The 1st incarnation of this watch was IMO, the best because it contained a single hallmark of Breguet that hasn't appeared for this watch again. That hallmark is the secret Breguet signature that appears etched on the dial of all gen Breguets. This is what it looks like

signature_zpsui40hslj.jpg?t=1451151659

The 2nd version is the version I own. The only thing it doesn't have is the Breguet secret signature. The 3rd version was an absolute joke. This is a version that WI was offering earlier this year before WI lost their TD status. Why was it a joke? Because the factory spelled Breguet WRONG on the dial face :lmao: The last and 4th version was a hasty fix the factory did. They recast the dial with the correct spelling of Breguet but IMO, the beautiful guilloche dial work that adorns the 1st & 2nd versions was missing.

JSJ

Wow thanks for the detailed answer. Looks like a careful eye must be kept on M2M.

mrmn

So there are 2 watches that have real moonphase function as far as I know:

1st is breguet that Kcore is having

2nd is longines master moonphase.

Is there any other watch on the market that have this complication? Does anyone know?

Kcore

Wow thanks for the detailed answer. Looks like a careful eye must be kept on M2M.

Indeed. I've been a member of the rep boards for almost 3 years and in all that time, the 1st version that contained the Breguet secret signature has come up for sale that I know of on this forum one time. And guess what? I missed my chance :frusty:

GenTLe

Is there any other watch on the market that have this complication? Does anyone know?

Yep, there are the Breitling Datora montbrillant : http://www.puretime.watch/search/all/?searchstring=7751&x=0&y=0

JSJ

Yep, there are the Breitling Datora montbrillant : http://www.puretime.watch/search/all/?searchstring=7751&x=0&y=0

The moon phase watches look like Longines to me?

GenTLe

Yep, there are the Breitling Datora montbrillant : http://www.puretime....ng=7751&x=0&y=0

The moon phase watches look like Longines to me?

Same movements in both watches, yes.