Sign in to follow this  
Lolo1972sg

PARNIS 40mm Black ceramic bezel GMT II MASTER SS (Rolex Homage)

Lolo1972sg

This is my first mini revew and it is going to be on a Rolex GMT II homage:

History:

Got this as a gift from a colleague as a birthday gift a few months ago. It is this watch that made me start looking into homage and then into reps. I found out from my own research (http://www.parniswatch.net/index.php...4&productname=) that this watch is probably selling at around USD 120 as new.

Timekeeping:

The watch keeps very good time. Starts up immediately after you pick it up. I believe it has a pretty good DG3804 movement (I can’t confirm this as I have not opened up the case) in it. Power reserve is around 40 hours if you wear it for more than 2 days. The GMT hand can be set independently.

Case/Bezel:

The case is stainless steel and the bezel is ceramic. The numerals on the insert look to be white painted, pretty much like all the early version of the Rolex GMT II rep.

Bracelet/clasp:

The original bracelet is brushed stainless steel. It collects swirls on it pretty easier after a few wears. I believe they can be easily polished off with cape cod (though I have yet to try). I have since mounted a comfortable tire thread rubber strap to pair this watch with and I personally find the rubber strap much more comfortable. In fact, with this black rubber strap, I find the whole watch much better looking and more sportive.

Crystal/Dial:

The crystal is sapphire and dial looks crisp.

Hands:

The second hand on my watch is red while the Rolex GMT II second hand is green if I am not mistaken. My research on the web seems to indicate that the same parnis with green second hand can be bought for the same price as well.

Water Resistance:

Since it was a relatively cheap watch, i have taken the risks to shower and swim with it. And hold and behold, it has passed all these tests! To be frank, I myself was pretty surprised to find it water resistant (and I have not even opened it up to grease it)

Overall:

This homage is a pretty good daily beater. It is pretty cheap (saw it listed on parniswatch.com for 120USD) and pretty good looking. It is water resistant and has independantly settable GMT hand and even ceramic bezel with sapphire crystal.

And now to the pics. Happy viewing:

IMG_20151129_141538_zps4jmfua3l.jpg

IMG_20151129_141444_zpsur2ruk54.jpg

IMG_20151129_141044_zpsy0dkyvrs.jpg

IMG_20151129_164125_zpsn9sy4obg.jpg

Lolo1972sg

And a wrist shot:

IMG_20151201_153335_zpsvjg9u4mf.jpg