Sign in to follow this  
wat44

UK GTG

wat44

Im a very good chance of being in the UK in June this year - anyone interested in a GTG?

pollux1

I'd certainly to try to make it, why not. :mad:

sconehead

where are you visiting mate?

Legger

I take it you mean Get ToGether rather than interest in a Gas Turbine Generator, a bit of Girl To Girl, meeting some Good Time Girls or playing Golden Tee Golf?! ;)

Del

I'd be interested :thumbsup2:

JohnG

Let's do it at the East India Club.

barkingtoad

Im interested

10:10 Watch Repair
a bit of Girl To Girl, meeting some Good Time Girls

If either of these is the case, let me know. I'll make the trip.

andygt

Wat talked to me about this before and it's all sorted.

He's at a wedding in the UK with a free bar and we are all invited!

Well not so much invited but I'm sure the bride won't mind.

Wat said if the free bar is limited he'll put the tab on his room and we can settle up with him the next day.

I'm not sure if he's run it past anyone yet but I informed him that it will be strictly a black tie affair just to give the bride a heads up, and that we expect certain standards, for example if the wine isn't up to scratch then I can't be held responsible if it all kicks off. Sure it won't come to that but the bride only has herself to blame if it does.

Brightlight

I don't think the UK is quite ready for wat yet, there must be a law against him somewhere on the books?

djprone

I'll be interested, but it will have to be at my local pub, on my day off.... ok?

Member X

Would be good to have one :D

wat44

the wedding is some place an hour or so north of london

this little aussie has only once ventured overseas as an adult and that was to Italy - so obviously never been to England.

therefore, not the ideal person to choose venue

im guessing beer would be involved, and so time and place would be best when all the drunken louts arent about eg friday saturday nights??? perhaps a friday lunch and then the stayers could kick on?

just thinking out aloud

everyone welcome (except Andy!)

JohnG

Its going to be at the East India Club, I will set it up....

andygt

Good thinking, John. We don't want any old fucking peasant attending and that should weed out the riffraff

sconehead
Good thinking, John. We don't want any old fucking peasant attending and that should weed out the riffraff

...that's me out then...:lol:

trailboss99

If wat is in the NRMA at home they have reciprocal rights at the IEC so that isn't out of the question.

Col.

Harry_Worth
Its going to be at the East India Club, I will set it up....

What ho John

The East India Club - I can smell the leather of the Chesterfields already! Sounds absolutely spiffing.

bertiewooster.jpg

JohnG

I am just kidding. They would never let me into the East India Club. Most likely they won't even let me into the UK.

...Not after the last time...

sconehead
I am just kidding. They would never let me into the East India Club. Most likely they won't even let me into the UK.

...well I did warn you and Onze about going back to for a pizza and game of dominos at Rupert and Quentins place...:Whistle:

JohnG

...well I did warn you and Onze about going back to for a pizza and game of dominos at Rupert and Quentins place...:Whistle:

It wasn't that, it was because of the thing with the tranny copper.... He/she filed charges, I claimed self-defense, but when it became clear they were going to revoke my bail... it was off to Marbella for me.

sconehead

It wasn't that, it was because of the thing with the tranny copper.... He/she filed charges, I claimed self-defense, but when it became clear they were going to revoke my bail... it was off to Marbella for me.

ahhhh, I remember now...mind you, you must admit, that was an unusual place to stick a truncheon...

onzenuub

ahhhh, I remember now...mind you, you must admit, that was an unusual place to stick a truncheon...

I know nooooooooooooooooooooooothing, I was in Tiger Tiger club.

Harry_Worth

I know nooooooooooooooooooooooothing, I was in Tiger Tiger club.

The GTG is going to be a park bench and several cans of strong continental lager - Is it black tie?