Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

1968 Grand Seiko Gold Cap - Mini Review

Gazzla

Nicely done, mate! The SARB must have helped pave the way for accepting a smaller size? I'm not a gold man, but I would be all over this GS!

Again... wow!!!!

Thanks mate. You are spot on sir. I've been wearing the SARB a lot lately as you may of noticed. This is just 1mm smaller, so not a major difference. I seem to be falling out of love with divers and looking at smaller stuff. -_-

Gazzla

It's a beauty!

Where did you pick this up? I wouldn't mind a similar one :)

Fleabay. :D

WatchDog21

It's a beauty!

Where did you pick this up? I wouldn't mind a similar one :)

ah, no wonder I now have an ITCH to get one!

Gazzla

You haven't scratched the Astron itch yet . . . :P

trailboss99

Lovely find mate, enjoy.

WatchDog21

Very true! It still exist but other "seasonal" priorities have pushed this day back a bit. I really wanted to buy this from a local AD but they are not working with me on the price. It will happen though!

Gazzla

Lovely find mate, enjoy.

Thanks Col . . . :D

Gazzla

Very true! It still exist but other "seasonal" priorities have pushed this day back a bit. I really wanted to buy this from a local AD but they are not working with me on the price. It will happen though!

Have you tried Creation?

WatchDog21

Have you tried Creation?

I really have not searched out the online options yet but it looks like that will be the way I go. I wanted to establish a good relationship with a local AD that is really close to my home but even paying cash they are not competitive and flexible in the price.

Gazzla

Have you tried Creation?

I really have not searched out the online options yet but it looks like that will be the way I go. I wanted to establish a good relationship with a local AD that is really close to my home but even paying cash they are not competitive and flexible in the price.

Your AD won't get close to Creation. I bought my Astron from them, saved $700 on RRP.

Gazzla

Wow! Quite something.

Looking forward to next week on M2M!

Not a fucking chance, Graham. I may flip stuff a bit quick, but this is going nowhere. :wub:

Hmmm, strong echo in here...

No but seriously, I don't blame you mate. It's a real stunner and a proper watch.

Thanks, it really is special.

Sakurai

Talk about ending the year on a high note - absolutely lovely GS, not to take anything away from the GS's of today but this one just ooozes character. Way cool, congratulations and please get on with the polish - looking forward to the photoshoot!

HeavyKrush

Yeah, that's a keeper for sure buddy. Great write up also. Very jealous but wear it in good health anyway. May have mentioned it above, but where did you acquire this beauty?

griffon22

my fathers old grand Seiko is lying around somewhere ,tho if I remember right ,it was not gold , but I remember the words "grand Seiko, below the hands and I am pretty sure it was 35 jewel ,with a beautiful movement , bristling with ruby coloured jewels .

I have not seen it for probably 15 years or more ,but its got to be there somewhere . how many versions are there from the 60s ?

Gazzla

Talk about ending the year on a high note - absolutely lovely GS, not to take anything away from the GS's of today but this one just ooozes character. Way cool, congratulations and please get on with the polish - looking forward to the photoshoot!

Thank you sir. :D

Yeah, that's a keeper for sure buddy. Great write up also. Very jealous but wear it in good health anyway. May have mentioned it above, but where did you acquire this beauty?

Gazzla

my fathers old grand Seiko is lying around somewhere ,tho if I remember right ,it was not gold , but I remember the words "grand Seiko, below the hands and I am pretty sure it was 35 jewel ,with a beautiful movement , bristling with ruby coloured jewels .

I have not seen it for probably 15 years or more ,but its got to be there somewhere . how many versions are there from the 60s ?

There were 9 different models made in the 60's. Some great info here:

http://www.grand-seiko.com/about/history.php

griffon22

thanks , its the second one "diashock 35 jewel" with the day only date . now to find it . I had forgotten all about it till I saw your superb example.

Gazzla

thanks , its the second one "diashock 35 jewel" with the day only date . now to find it . I had forgotten all about it till I saw your superb example.

Wow!

Fucking hurry up and get some pics posted!!! :woo:

Genius

That sound you can hear at 14 secs is me cracking open a beer! :beer2:

Gaz :D

Pretty impressive you can play the piano whilst cracking a tinny

Gazzla

Amazing classic watch! But what's more amazing is you can play the piano and crack open a beer at the same time, well done, Sir!

Pretty impressive you can play the piano whilst cracking a tinny

Um . . . it wasn't me, it was Beethoven, although I have been known to have a tinkle . . . ;)

splke

this is absolutely awesome ! I am looking for a GS but now I want a vintage one stunning

Gazzla

this is absolutely awesome ! I am looking for a GS but now I want a vintage one stunning

I fucking love this Neil:

u0XtpLP.jpg

splke

it really is the bollox bud

KeNnY

Nice! :) thanks for sharing

Gazzla

Nice! :) thanks for sharing

Cheers M. :D