Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

The Return Of The Turtle

WatchDog21

Just released is the new Seiko Prospex SRP7... series. It is sort of the rebirth of the 6309. I will be getting one of these! Here is just one listed on the bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Prospex-Classic-Divers-200M-Automatic-Mens-Watch-SRP777K1-/161930214073?hash=item25b3cafab9:g:K74AAOSw3KFWgBUM

Worn&wound has an article on it here: http://wornandwound.com/2015/12/18/the-return-of-the-turtle-seiko-brings-back-a-classic/

Of course these are going for what I believe is MSRP right now but I am sure the deals will soon follow

s-l1600.jpg

dave47

Aaarrrggghhh! MORE temptations and less $$$ to indulge. Good hunting on this, G., and when it's securely on your wrist, please share it with us!! Happy New Year!!

dave

Gazzla

Why the fuck did you have to post this?

4EIcwRS.gif

WatchDog21

Aaarrrggghhh! MORE temptations and less $$$ to indulge. Good hunting on this, G., and when it's securely on your wrist, please share it with us!! Happy New Year!!

dave

Will be sure to Dave. In the mean time check this one out: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=112020

Why the fuck did you have to post this?

4EIcwRS.gif

Sorry,,,

28-smiley-face-on-beach.jpg

MoveAlong

Definitely on my 2016 list!

WatchDog21

going for about $350 - $450 now on eBay

SRP777

s-l500.jpg

SRP775

s-l500.jpg

SRP777

s-l1600.jpg

Foxindebox

I have a vintage that looks just like the black 777 but I might have to indulge and get myself the SRP775 :D

WatchDog21

I have a vintage that looks just like the black 777 but I might have to indulge and get myself the SRP775 :D

If its the 6309 don't let go of it, they are bringing a good dollar for even the ones that are all beat up.

MoveAlong

I like the basic black 777 but would like to have a bracelet as well. Any thoughts if the strapcode end links for the 6309 would fit this case?

andyboy

Not sure if I would buy one at the money they are asking just now.

I think I would prefer to pick up a decent 6309.

WatchDog21

I am in hopes that the price will level out once they have some decent market coverage. Once that happens I will grab the SRP777 (all black)

WatchDog21

Not sure if I would buy one at the money they are asking just now.

I think I would prefer to pick up a decent 6309.

I am in hopes that the price will level out once they have some decent market coverage. Once that happens I will grab the SRP777 (all black)

frakius

I like the look of these, I wonder if it will officially come to the UK? The SKX009 and 007 never did, did they? Maybe they don't sell well here? I am heading through Dubai in a few weeks will see if any of the duty free shops have it there.

WatchDog21

Too early to tell. I was looking for one on my travels through the Caribbean and nobody has them here yet.

Jetpants

The reports of mismatched hands/indices on the new turtles are true. Looks awful. Such a pity. Hopefully they'll fix in future.

newturtle.jpg

Baldrick

Sorry....I misread the title....I thought it was the return of the turtle neck....and a tribute to the 60s :blink:

patonsSC138a.jpg

*************************************************************************************

WatchDog21
Sorry....I misread the title....I thought it was the return of the turtle neck....and a tribute to the 60s :blink:

patonsSC138a.jpg

*************************************************************************************

Being a product of the 60's I guess it still works for me :P

shpr543

Just put some $$ cash down on the all black SRP777, it's my way of "money laundering" from the wife. I tried it on at my local Seiko shop and it is unbelievably comfortable. The new silicone strap is a far cry from the old z22! This is the most comfortable band I have ever worn, extremely soft and pliable...it's so nice I told the sales guy to call me when they got some in for individual sales, I'll put that strap on all my watches! The brushed buckle and brushed strap stays give it a nice look. The turtle case is very cool, good size...I can't wait to bring it home... Full review and pics to follow.

jelskan

The colour mismatch of the hands and Indices is pretty bad. I'm surprised a company the size of seiko can't get that right!

shpr543

I didn't notice it in person...the lume was amazing tho

WatchDog21
Just put some $$ cash down on the all black SRP777, it's my way of "money laundering" from the wife. I tried it on at my local Seiko shop and it is unbelievably comfortable. The new silicone strap is a far cry from the old z22! This is the most comfortable band I have ever worn, extremely soft and pliable...it's so nice I told the sales guy to call me when they got some in for individual sales, I'll put that strap on all my watches! The brushed buckle and brushed strap stays give it a nice look. The turtle case is very cool, good size...I can't wait to bring it home... Full review and pics to follow.

Great to hear! Once a local shop has them here in my area i will be taking a closer look. Looking forward to your pics and review!

Jetpants

More new turtles are coming. SRP787k1 (Batman) and SRP789k1 (Coke).

Hopefully they'll fix the lume.

WatchDog21

Finally my local AD jeweler had one in. Took a look at the SRP777. Yes I still like it BUT...

There is a difference between the color on the hands and the other markers. I also put it under a UV light and well lume is OK but definitely not nuclear. Also on the lume I noticed that the Day; not day and date , but just the Day has a blue lume color versus the greenish color of everything else.

As much as I wanted one of these I think I will hold off for a bit. Those two small "imperfections" bother me right now.

Gazzla
Finally my local AD jeweler had one in. Took a look at the SRP777. Yes I still like it BUT... There is a difference between the color on the hands and the other markers. I also put it under a UV light and well lume is OK but definitely not nuclear. Also on the lume I noticed that the Day; not day and date , but just the Day has a blue lume color versus the greenish color of everything else. As much as I wanted one of these I think I will hold off for a bit. Those two small "imperfections" bother me right now.

I agree. Not for me. A rare Seiko fuck up in my humble.

WatchDog21
Finally my local AD jeweler had one in. Took a look at the SRP777. Yes I still like it BUT... There is a difference between the color on the hands and the other markers. I also put it under a UV light and well lume is OK but definitely not nuclear. Also on the lume I noticed that the Day; not day and date , but just the Day has a blue lume color versus the greenish color of everything else. As much as I wanted one of these I think I will hold off for a bit. Those two small "imperfections" bother me right now.

I agree. Not for me. A rare Seiko fuck up in my humble.

Big disappointment :mellow: What was interesting was that I had my Air Blue Alpha still sitting on the show case and set the Seiko down next to it. When he started shining the UV light on the Seiko it was also getting the Air Blue; Air Blue lume blew the Seiko away. I could tell it interested him because he casually hit the UV light over to the Air Blue.