Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

Limited Edition Monster - SRP453

WatchDog21

What I didn't go through to get this in my hands! This was the last of my Pre-Christmas watch buying binge. It ended up that the seller mixed up the shipment and sent the wrong watches to the wrong buyers. We each did a return and finally got the right one shipped to the right buyer. As soon as I had the tracking number I placed a USPS delivery interception on it to have it help at my local post office for pick up. Why? Because I am still having packages stolen. Police you say :rofl: ? They flat out told me that unless I can take them to the doorstep of the thieves they will not be doing anything since the "value" did not justify it... even with surveillance video of the little pricks. I digress.

I got the USPS confirmations that my package will be help at my local office so fantastic right? WRONG! I see the watch was at the local office but then it posted a status that it was "out for delivery"! WTF?????????? :blowup: I leave my work office and head to the post office and wait in line. Finally the clerk said it was not there and out for delivery but here is your other mail ( I had a hold on all mail ).

Supervisor please! The supervisor shows me the notice that was on the package and that it was to be held. "I don't know why Karl would have taken it out for delivery..." Having gone through this exact same scenario just a week ago I ask the supervisor to get Karl's location and phone number. I will drive and meet him to take delivery.

Mission accomplished, I got my watch and its a beauty. Specs first and then some pics.

Seiko SRP453 Monster Limited Edition

Crystal - Scratch Resistant Hardlex

Display Type Analog

Clasp Buckle

Case material Stainless Steel

Case diameter 45 millimeters

Case Thickness 13 millimeters

Band Material Rubber

Band length Men's Long (and it is LONG)

Band width 25 millimeters

Band Color Blue

Dial color Blue

Bezel material Uni-directional Rotating

Bezel function Unidirectional

Calendar Day and date

Special features Automatic, Second hand, Limited Edition

Item weight 1.1 Pounds

Movement Automatic

23723322469_1364ec4dcb_b.jpg

23462918354_b7231d7c87_b.jpg

23462895294_45e1bbc02a_b.jpg

24008526191_fc4204094f_b.jpg

24008513351_b4923d242f_b.jpg

23723276709_9676eb60f9_b.jpg

24091092755_af1bd776fb_b.jpg

24091077465_91761c44fd_b.jpg

dave47

GAWD!! What torture you survived in order to receive this beautiful watch, cmdr!! Good for You!! Enjoy, enjoy! I just might put this on my list of "to acquire watches once I hit the Lottery.' Happy New Year!

dave

Gazzla

I thought these were unavailable, sold out, limited editions?

How the fuck did you lay your hands on this? It's fucking fantastic! I've been after one since the Ice Age. :woo:

Kcore

Commander, congratulations for you have achieved the the coveted 3 Gs!!!

GREAT story

GREAT ending

GREAT watch

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FYY: Mail theft is a federal crime- screw the local police, contact the US Postal Inspectors

WatchDog21

How the fuck did you lay your hands on this? It's fucking fantastic! I've been after one since the Ice Age. :woo:

Subconsciously I think I gravitate towards anything in blue so this one immediately jumped out at me. Believe me I went into a state of panic when this order got all messed up. I tried several places and "SOLD OUT". I found 1 other one and that was on Amazon @ $498 and would have paid it but fortunately the eBay seller was a really good guy in getting this all worked out so that I still got what was not available anywhere else.

Gazzla

Subconsciously I think I gravitate towards anything in blue so this one immediately jumped out at me. Believe me I went into a state of panic when this order got all messed up. I tried several places and "SOLD OUT". I found 1 other one and that was on Amazon @ $498 and would have paid it but fortunately the eBay seller was a really good guy in getting this all worked out so that I still got what was not available anywhere else.

Well done, it's a great piece:

X2k7QSE.gif

WatchDog21

dave

Commander, congratulations for you have achieved the the coveted 3 Gs!!!

GREAT story

GREAT ending

GREAT watch

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FYY: Mail theft is a federal crime- screw the local police, contact the US Postal Inspectors

Unfortunately E, they have not done anything on either case as well. Both were reported to the Postal Inspector... and all I hear are crickets.

Thanks all, great way to end the year. Have a safe and happy new year!