Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Vacheron Constantin Historiques Cornes de Vache

ebzen02

Sleeper rep but not too bad..The gen is $80000usd and platinum.. Beautiful rep and amazing gen! Grail stuff..

Rep vs Gen

cfd5b8c03592f206a1aa65c91846affb.jpg

cf6c8cbbfd1a4f4f9d0b7baa7c437ed3.jpg

Rep vs Gen

778ad2a3a39b6cecfc3b9ee3b96c6970.jpg56ecbd1af5233a13724eb9e1509d600d.jpg

Okay the back doesn't compare, but the front..

Video

http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/mobile/patrimony-traditionnelle-chrono-ss-white-silver-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-manual-winding-chrono-movement_d172276c9.html

Edited by ebzen02

rikracy

Gorgeous time piece...I've fallen for that dial!...I'm torn now!..a tourby or this???

I think tour by now on hold! Lol!!

ebzen02

This will be more reliable I think

jmshen

Really impressed. I like the look a lot. Btw, the lugs on the gen are so damn gorgeous.

Ishmael

So it looks like the lug shape may be pretty close, just a little stubby compared to gen?

Ishmael

Yeah okay just saw the vid… that's pretty good actually. Think I'll get me one :)

ebzen02

Please take pics when you get!

Dendo

Impressive - these bloody reps are getting too good - I can see the gen owners buying one of these for the golf course/yacht and keeping the gen in the safe.....

Ishmael

This is one of those watches that should be on the list of every respectable rep lover, yet as ebzen rightly concluded it's a "sleeper rep". In the gen world it is highly coveted… alas… PAM after PAM after PAM.

Do we think the case is really 38.5?

Godfathar

13.5mm thick. Where the gen is 10.9mm, I think it won't rest well on the wrist. But over all, nice rep.

Ishmael

13.5mm thick. Where the gen is 10.9mm, I think it won't rest well on the wrist. But over all, nice rep.

And therein lies the rub. Some are cursed to walk the earth alone. My curse? Loving $80k platinum watches :facepalm:

_DC_
Impressive - these bloody reps are getting too good - I can see the gen owners buying one of these for the golf course/yacht and keeping the gen in the safe.....

I dunno about that, the dial proportions are very different between the rep and the gen!

DC

_DC_

And therein lies the rub. Some are cursed to walk the earth alone. My curse? Loving $80k platinum watches :facepalm:

Ay 'tis a burden indeed, I'm with you there buddy! Although I also have a penchant for $130,000 sports watches!

DC

Godfathar

I hear ya.. I soooo hear ya. Hence the platinum multi scale patek is purchased. :)

_DC_

I hear ya.. I soooo hear ya. Hence the platinum multi scale patek is purchased. :)

All this is not helping my savings account!! The list as it stands is...

5975 (either P or J)

5070 (either P or G)

RM035-01 (sorry but I have to have one)

Now this VC too

Doh!!

DC

Ishmael

Ay 'tis a burden indeed, I'm with you there buddy! Although I also have a penchant for $130,000 sports watches!

DC

Sorta makes my $35k 6263 look like a reasonable purchase :giggle:

_DC_
This is one of those watches that should be on the listed of every respectable rep lover, yet as ebzen rightly concluded it's a "sleeper rep". In the gen world it is highly coveted… alas… PAM after PAM after PAM.

Do we think the case is really 38.5?

Judging by the subdial positions when laid over other ST19 chronos.... I'd say yes, 38.5 sounds about right!!

DC

ebzen02

That's the diameter of the gen I believe

ebzen02

Some IRL from a member over on RWI

b6817f1d44d755ed1d1a8ee80426ffb5.jpg20d0110fa8f792d5d2e511348bdc1728.jpg

Ishmael

Yeah I'm definitely getting one, but I'll probably have to wait until after CNY. Anyone notice the curved strap ends on the lugs? Never seen that on a rep before...

jmshen

I thought I was going to be getting a different watch next (thought it was definitely going to be AP and was deciding between 15450, 15300, and 15202), but these pictures have really swayed me. Do I wish the lugs were closer to gen particularly because it's the lugs that I love so much about the gen? Absolutely. But I don't think I'm willing to wait the however much time to takes for them to do a V2 of this.

Is there only one version of this that we know of? (i.e. I don't have to make sure I name a specific factory when talking to the TD?)

@Ishmael great pickup on the curved strap detail. I'm very curious as well.

Ishmael

Sure the lugs aren't perfect, but they're close enough IMO. And I seriously doubt there will be any kind of updated version of this - it isn't mainstream enough. Honestly I'm surprised there's even a rep of it at all. At the risk of sounding erudite, I'd wager the bulk of the masses don't even know this exists, so I doubt it's even worth it for factories to focus on it. This may be a "get one while they last" situation because this'll go the way of the rep dodo bird before long. Haha I'm imagining most people seeing it and saying "Cool VC, but why are the lugs so weird?" :giggle:

ebzen02

Yeah.. There won't be a V2 I can bet on it:)

_DC_

This rep wins prizes with me because it's an ST19 chrono with display back in a case size less than 40mm.... that's a rarity in of itself! Can't think of another one off the top of my head!!

I'd get one, but I'm to busy buying Pateks!

DC