Sign in to follow this  
ww12345

Vintage Explorer 1016, Submariner 1680 Movement

ww12345

I hope this helps someone:

I totally f***ed up my 1680 Sub from Narikaa, and sent it off to the watchmakers.

Today, I was reluming my Explorer 1016, also from Narikaa, and screwed it up as well.

What had happened is that each time, I forgot to pull the crown out all the way before removing the stem. Thus, when I put the crown back in and screwed it down, the movement would stop (being in the wrong position, keyless works wise). As I was attempting a very heavy handed repair of the movement, I realised I had seen the movement before - it was the same one in my Silix 1016: a 21j (I think)

The problem with each of the Narikaa movements is that they are date movements adapted to non-date. I think this makes the third click that I was feeling.

Anyway, this is easily remedied by fixing the keyless works (or in my case just swapping the cheap movement).

Just to clarify, this is not meant to be a attack against Narikaa or Silix. In my opinion, once you break the case back seal, it is your problem! :Whistle:

Member X

lol

Well done for getting it fixed - I will have a go at one of mine, one day... :drool: