Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

Calling all DSSD owners...?

stiltzkin

Firstly - if you haven't already and you have no use for it, I would recomend removing the Diver extension link from the bracelete. I have done this over the weekend and found it to be even more comfortable than before. Highly recomended for this reason alone.

The reason I removed it, was because the glide lock occasionally slips and I thought I'd remove it to see if removing the DE which is the size of about two links would remove sufficent leverage to stop the lock slipping. Kind of worked, but still slips. However, the bracelet is more comfortable.

Any ideas how to tighten up the glide lock so it won't continue to slip?

greg_r

Hmm - interesting. I'll try removing the DE. Haven't had problems with the glidelock slipping though - mine's been absolutely solid.

w204

Mine is absolutely solid too. Tried with some force to move it right now and wouldn't budge. This one is Robert's 149.

greg_r

yeah, mine is Robert's $149 too...

stiltzkin

It's the same watch here... Just the clone movement. But the hardware would be the same I would have thought?

Oh well,,, it's not the end of the world. I was thinking that perhaps the 'wedge' that get's caught in the gator teeth may not be sitting a proud as it should be... but looking at it more just now, I think it may be that a couple of the teeth toward the tighter end of the lock are not as 'sharp' for want of a better word, as they could be. As it will only slip half way and then be solidly held.

Like I say, not the end of the world and just asking on the off chance in case there was a quick fix as I couldn't see anything obvious to adjust.

trailboss99

Solved that issue entirely, mine is on leather:

P1210021.jpg

Col.

MikeMcNair

i have noticed the same thing, and i actually put another link in (i took 2 out when i got the watch) and the extra room made it so my wrist doesn't get tight enouh to make it slip anymore. and if it does, its only the first "click"

good thread/info right here :thumbup:

MikeMcNair

i just found the fix for the glidelock slipping. as i was looking carefully at it, i noticed the glidelock was sort of loose, so i squeezed the wide part of the clasp with a pair of channel locks (with a towel in between the tool and the bracelet so as to not harm the finish on the clasp) and its SOOOOOO much better now. no slipping, very positive feel on the glidelock, super firm now, and absolutely NO slipping at all. this changed the whole feel of the bracelet.

here is a pic illustrating what i squeezed. i recommend this to everyone with this bracelet.

40a9e251.jpg

Baldrick

Mine isn't slipping and is very comfortable, why would I remove the extension ?

greg_r

Gawd knows - I actually tried it just out of idle curiosity. Made no difference at all (mind you mine wasn't slipping either).

MikeMcNair

my DE is still on, but it was slipping when i would move my wrist in a funny way (you know how the ligiments in your wrist kinda pop out, yeah, that's when mine would "slip", or jump a tooth)

now, it doesnt at all. its nice and firm, and the glidelock functions perfectly now with very positive clicks and engagement.

bme

Reminds me of an old Tommy Cooper gag.

I went to the doctors yesterday and said''It hurts when i do this'' (raises his arm). The doctor said ''Don't do it then''

Del

I went to the doctors yesterday and said''It hurts when i do this'' (raises his arm). The doctor said ''Don't do it then''

:lol: Loved Tommy Cooper!

dek747

:) Loved Tommy Cooper!

I've heard of people with real ones doing this, some people with smaller wrists say it helps

dek747

:) Loved Tommy Cooper!

I've heard of people with real ones doing this, some people with smaller wrists say it helps

Luthier
here is a pic illustrating what i squeezed. i recommend this to everyone with this bracelet.

40a9e251.jpg

Nice watchsmit's tool you have, Mike...

Tried with your balls?

:lol:

ThinkBachs

Had issues with the Ploprof deployant slipping (fixed), but never a DSSD Glidelock- and I've probably had 5 different versions. Interesting idea though, I'll have to check it out once I get mine back from being DLC'd...

d1isthe1
Mine isn't slipping and is very comfortable, why would I remove the extension ?

+1

MikeMcNair

mine just took a shit actually. peep the pix. the OVAL piece, well there are to be 2 of them, one i cannot find......

it is the piece that actually slides through the clasp when using the glidelock.

its sad actually, but i am not sure why it happened.

a fast email to Mary, and another has already been shipped (in the last hr this happened, talk about customer service!!!!!)

this is the piece....

e2b40fee.jpg

0a32ef78.jpg