Sign in to follow this  
usmctowgnr

Gen 1675 case for franken build

usmctowgnr

So I am wanting to build a franken 1675 around a gen matte dial. I am at a loss at how I want to proceed with the case. I dont really want to do a 1655 1:1 due to improper engravings and caseback. I am afraid to go yuki becasue I don't know what movement to use. NDT and JAW are out of the question due to cost. However I found a gen caseset. It has original crystal, crown, tube and caseback. My dilema is the caseback shows some corrosion that I am concerned of. The seller does say that the caseback does have corrosion but the stuff on the case itself is dried glue. Can anyone give me some feedback on this case and if you think that it will be an issue with waterproofing. FYI this case can be had for more than yuki but less than NDT. It really pushes my budget as I would also have to purchase a bezel assembly and movement with hands. I do have a gen insert and 62510H jubilee bracelet. I am adding a pic of gen dial as well.

2011-01-28_17-13-02_778.jpg

2011-01-28_17-14-04_156.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

andygt

the case looks corroded to fuck above the 1675 engraving to me.

why not buy the 1655 case, sand off the engraving and have it re engraved?

also what worries you about the yuki as it will take a gen movement same as the gen case

KBH

Only thing I can add is that's a tough choice. Dunno what I'd do but I do like the idea of a gen case. I wonder how much of the corrosion you could get off and it still be usable.