Sign in to follow this  
plankton

PAM 111 question

plankton

Hey gents,

Quick question. I've never had the Noob 111 so after all this time I'm actually a novice (on this one) but since the new model came out and it's looking pretty good I got one from my TD.

- How many times can I wind it, will it stop or will I break the spring?

-Whats the reserve on this Noob 111 normally when fully wound?

No pics yet, I don't want to waste my time until the strap gets here from Kain Heritage, ordered a nice semi dark Ostrich (inside thigh) so it has loads of texture. Then I will post some pics.

Dendo

Funny thing I was just musing on hand wind movements and how much I like them.

In my experience you wind them for a long time before you feel them tightening - then you stop. It never feels like anything is going to break. I used to worry about that in the past but if you use a steady - not too quick motion - it is simple and intuitive to just stop winding.

Enjoy - I love hand wound movements.

Dendo

Oh and the reserve - varies by movement - how clean and properly put together - oiled etc. Complications etc. Typically 30 hours or more - but you can test it of course.

plankton

Oh and the reserve - varies by movement - how clean and properly put together - oiled etc. Complications etc. Typically 30 hours or more - but you can test it of course.

Thanks Dendo, works for me. i like the watch (when they are new I always like them) and it's a nice dresser of sorts to wear infront of my clients. It's not abtrusive where I do have a minor issue wearing my gen TT rolex sub with hospital directors and department directors. I dont want them to think i'm doing that well $$.

trailboss99

Yup, just wind it until it stops winding. As long as you don't force it you won't hurt it. I find once a day is more than enough.

rawbaws

I had an Asian 6497 in a $100usd marina militare that had 68 hours power reserve

Dendo
I had an Asian 6497 in a $100usd marina militare that had 68 hours power reserve

I am testing mine right now and with a full wind it has been running for 50 hours so far and is correct to within 20 seconds. These are good movements.

henrychinaski

Yeah, mine's at least 2 days fully wound.

Still need to get a nice strap for my 111. I like the look of JohnG's vintage straps.

Dendo

60 hour reserve

86 turns fully winds the coil - because of the crown guards on pams you can count this!!

plankton

60 hour reserve

86 turns fully winds the coil - because of the crown guards on pams you can count this!!

Thank you! It does seem to last a very long time so far. Actually the more i wear it the more I like this watch.

Lolo1972sg

My PAM111 has reserve of about 69hours when I last measured. Actually pretty impressive for an asian movement.