Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

Straps for PAM deployment buckle?

stiltzkin

Hi Guy's,

A little pointer if you don't mind. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a PAM strap for the deployment buckle? Specifically a 27/22 for a PAM288. i have found a couple of straps dotted about meeting this spec, but very fews and the ones I have found are either gen ($$$$$) or of a design and colour that justifies the lower price tag. I have seen some of the lovely straps around this site and others, but all for tangs and not deployment.

Thanks for any hints...

S

greg_r

27/22 straps are REALLY hard to find. Plenty of suppliers for 26/22 and a fair few for 27/24 but not 27/22.

Anyone that knows a good source that doesn't charge gen prices, please let us know and I'll add 'em to the strap suppliers in the dealer list.

curahee
Hi Guy's,

A little pointer if you don't mind. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a PAM strap for the deployment buckle? Specifically a 27/22 for a PAM288. i have found a couple of straps dotted about meeting this spec, but very fews and the ones I have found are either gen ($$$$$) or of a design and colour that justifies the lower price tag. I have seen some of the lovely straps around this site and others, but all for tangs and not deployment.

Thanks for any hints...

S

i can try to make you one strap.

but dont have deployment buckle.

I need correct measures, and thickness of strap.and i will try to make one.

Luthier

I already asked CH the same Q about straps for deployment buckle.

To CH - PM me your address, and I'll ask one of our dealers to send you the buckle. I'll pay.

I'll need a few straps too.

greg_r

excellent! Thanks, curahee!

curahee
I already asked CH the same Q about straps for deployment buckle.

To CH - PM me your address, and I'll ask one of our dealers to send you the buckle. I'll pay.

I'll need a few straps too.

Great!

you have message!

stiltzkin

Looking at the rep strap and deployment on my 288, the thickness of the strap at the deployment is 3mm (including the stitch) I think anything more than that and threading the existing deployment is going to be a right pain in the arse.

The measurements of the rep strap are...

115mm / 75mm (which is a bit short for me)

27mm / 22mm

Lug diameter of c2mm (not accurately measured)

I think Luthier's kind offer is a great idea, but i am willing to take a punt on my measurements if you can make one (If it doesn't fit, then it's my fault for being inacurate).

I would go for 200mm/90mm though as the rep strap is too short for my liking. The 200mm side is the strap with the holes punched (I guess this is the same for all straps, but just in case)

Thanks

gB.
Specifically a 27/22 for a PAM288.

Are you sure about that deployant clasp width measurement? I have the new 288K and the strap width at the deployant clasp is only 20mm, much smaller than the normal PAM 22mm width at the buckle. Mine goes from 27mm at the lugs to 20mm at the deployant clasp, which is not the norm for PAMs, but is a dressier look for the 288K. I have the upgraded gen croc strap, but doubt that they are using a smaller width deployant clasp than the rep strap.

Also, if you do plan to use the rep deployant strap with a custom made strap, make sure to give the proper thickness measurements throughout. It may be 3mm thick at the lugs, but it goes down to ~1mm thick at the end in order to fit into the deployant clasp. 3mm thickness at the end of the strap will not fit into the clasp.

Good luck! ;)

greg_r
Specifically a 27/22 for a PAM288.

Are you sure about that deployant clasp width measurement? I have the new 288K and the strap width at the deployant clasp is only 20mm, much smaller than the normal PAM 22mm width at the buckle. Mine goes from 27mm at the lugs to 20mm at the deployant clasp, which is not the norm for PAMs, but is a dressier look for the 288K. I have the upgraded gen croc strap, but doubt that they are using a smaller width deployant clasp than the rep strap.

Also, if you do plan to use the rep deployant strap with a custom made strap, make sure to give the proper thickness measurements throughout. It may be 3mm thick at the lugs, but it goes down to ~1mm thick at the end in order to fit into the deployant clasp. 3mm thickness at the end of the strap will not fit into the clasp.

Good luck! ;)

Good point - you're right. The latest ones are 27/20, yes, using the smaller deployant. The traditional Radiomirs are 27/22 using the deployant from the 44mm models.

stiltzkin

Buggery bollocks GBOGH, you're right. When I said early I was measuring 'my' strap, I was intact lying and measuring a co-workers which was bought after seeing mine. When I saw your post I called him to measure his strap again and he's confirmed what I put was right (for his strap)

Measured mine this evening and confirmed mine IS 27/20...

Both watch bought within a few weeks, but from different dealers - strange, but thanks for the heads up. The strap end is also thinner as you suggest... Closer to 2mm including stitching.

Perhaps best to wait for the outcome of Luthiers kind offer after all :/

gB.

HOLY

Buggery bollocks
Batman! :rofl:

Glad to help. ;)

wombosi

Offtopic: Damn Gbogh... I totally didn't read where this topic is about thanks to your avatar. :) It has hypnotic powers

Edited by wombosi

gB.
Offtopic: Damn Gbogh... I totally didn't read where this topic is about thanks to your avatar. :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?: It has hypnotic powers

Yes... Look into the big, wet titties... You are getting sleepy... Your eye lids feel heavy... You now feel a sudden urge to PM GBOGH for a ship to addy... You are now boxing up all your watches to ship to him... :rofl:

Luthier

If 200/90mm - your wrist is about 14", and you have to go back to jungles.

:wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

My 8" wrist need 135/90mm strap.

stiltzkin
If 200/90mm - your wrist is about 14", and you have to go back to jungles.

My 8" wrist need 135/90mm strap.

Shit - that's what I meant... add 20mm to the rep strap... not 200mm in total... (115+20 = 135) I need to reread my posts before posting...

Not sure about back to the jungle - but school may be a good idea...

Luthier

It's OK, mate... Einstein was dumb in arithmetic too...

stiltzkin
It's OK, mate... Einstein was dumb in arithmetic too...

:rofl:

He was dyelsixc- so I do have some affinity with the guy – well that and he was a handsome MoFo as well! :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

stiltzkin

Luth / CH... Did you guy's manage to get a deployment buckle to test it out for size for some PAM straps?

Luthier

I ordered the buckle, and provided CH address, it will be shipped to him, if not already.

curahee
Luth / CH... Did you guy's manage to get a deployment buckle to test it out for size for some PAM straps?

didnt receive deployment buckle yet.

if i dont receive it,i will buy few in Guangzhou.

acharria

The hard part in making a strap for deployant buckle, is the 1mm thickness at the buckle lugs.

This thickness is needed to be able to close the buckle..

That was a hard learned lesson..

Regards

andres

My croc strap.

21022011364Small.jpg

21022011365Small.jpg

MikeMcNair

i have, in my hands, a black strap for a 47mm pam, with a polished deployant that i can do NOTHING with.

it is 26/22, you may be interested in it? PM me for details (CHEAP)

if this is "back door", mods, please let me know

btw, i have a custom 24/24 strap on the way with a PERFECT deployant clasp. can't say from whom tho ;_

(yes, 24mm deployant clasp!!!!!!!!)