Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

360,000 BPH movement?

stiltzkin

slide4.jpg

"TAG Heuer introduces the first ever column wheel integrated mechanical chronograph displaying the 1/100th of a second with a striking central hand allowing an easy readability: the Heuer CARRERA MIKROGRAPH 1/100th Second Chronograph.

Available in a rose gold limited edition of 150 timepieces only, the new timepiece brings an original stopwatch innovation to the wrists of modern motor-racing enthusiasts who seek ultimate precision."

slide1.jpg

Can't imagine any of the Chinese mvmts are going to be modded to rep this thing - I like the look of it though...

slide3.jpg

KinCaidk

sweet!!

Gonna be bloody expensive though... and never repped ;)

greg_r

That's pretty funky - and I'm not even much of a Tag fan...

SliceMaster

Sweet!! ;):thumbsup2:

Del

Impressive if nothing else.

d1isthe1

The first Grand carrera conceptualized in 2006-07 1/100th of a sec had the first caliber with 360,000 vph... (i think I remember)

Edited by d1isthe1

TAGster

When TAG say "360,000" beats per hour they are talking about the 1/100 chronograph assortment, the chronometer (time keeping) assortment has a normal 28,800 beats per hour. Let´s say TAG Heuer has integrated a pure 1/100th second chronograph into a chronometer. This piece has two independent sets of balance wheel, escapement and transmission systems. What a marketing trick can do, isn´t it?

It is well known TAG is using more marketing tricks nowadays, so it sounds very impressive to see/hear "360,000 bph", but this only apply to the chronograph assortment, not to the whole movement, because 360,000 bph is not useful for time keeping function.

It is good to know this is a limited edition of 150 pieces (50 for 2011 and 100 for 2012) with a price tag of 50,000 USD.

Cheers mates!!

tah

Look up the Mikrotimer Flying 1000 Genesis Concept watch......

3,600,000 bph!

Edited by tah