Sign in to follow this  
SteveR123

Looking for a rep Rolex DayDate gold

SteveR123

Hello, my name is Steve and I am a noob.

I have 3 reps, purchased prior to finding this forum, and 3 on order from RWG Trusted Dealers. I am currently looking for a Rep Rolex DayDate with gold strap, gold bezel, and gold face. I have found this one http://www.silix-prime.com/rols137-p-1601.html from silix but haven' t found any reviews. I'd appreciate some opinions on this rep or suggested alternatives from other dealers.

Thanks In Advance!!!

markturnr

Robert just put a few up. I got one for my father for Christmas and it's quite good considering what I paid.

ww12345

If you're looking for a general review of Silix, Jee is a good seller, and will help you every step of the way! ;)

As far as a review of the watch, it looks good and is from the higher end of his offerings. I think it is a rep of an older model, though. IE: 1980s or so.

Not a D-D expert, though.

greg_r

The watch looks really nice, although I'd take the claim of a swiss ETA movement with a pinch of salt - Robert is currently the only dealer who I would guarantee to supply the gen swiss movement when he claims to (most dealers rely on the factories to tell them which movement it is, and the factory description isn't always accurate).

Silix are a great dealer, though, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the watch :)

ww12345
The watch looks really nice, although I'd take the claim of a swiss ETA movement with a pinch of salt - Robert is currently the only dealer who I would guarantee to supply the gen swiss movement when he claims to (most dealers rely on the factories to tell them which movement it is, and the factory description isn't always accurate).

Silix are a great dealer, though, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the watch :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

+1 to that.

I ordered the small crown Bond Sub from Silix (with genuine swiss ETA claimed) and received a swiss ETA, but that could be luck of the draw...

AllergyDoc

Hasn't the "rep community" settled on calling them "genuine ETA" movements instead of "Swiss ETA"? I believe most or all of the parts are made in China and maybe assembled in Europe?

Jay123

Its a nice watch just dont expect the gold plating on it to last too long.