Sign in to follow this  
Bysantinkeisari

Replicas, reindeer and reckless engineering - Cheers from Finland

wellesson

Nice introduction, welcome from Sweden

themainframe

Welcome to RWG!

TheTinMan

If you want to talk hockey, I can talk mining equipment and one of your Finnish companies, Metso Minerals. I worked for them quite a few years ago. Met some good people in that company, the Finns were great to work with. One thing I never understood though, is why you Finns moved to Canada and set up towns to look exactly like the ones you had back home.

Metso is a big company in Finland, there is also a joint venture on going in bioenergy between my company and Metso.

I think if a bunch of people leave home to relocate thousands of miles away, you don't want to waste energy in re-inventing home building. The German towns are also very distinguishable, I think that is just up to German efficiency. The biggest finnish communities settled in Minnesota, and today the Minnesota Wild NHL team has the most finnish players of any NHL team. Go figure.

I have a friend who used to work for Sandvik and Tamrock, that is some tough equipment.

I was originally with a Swedish company that was bought by Metso. I never quite understood the Swedish/Finnish dynamic. In a lot of ways, I wish I had stayed with Metso - I would have done very well there.

erves88

Using WU online is a crap shoot, I am yet to have any issues going into a location and sending funds. I have the Pam438 rep probably the favorite of my collection.